“A Bit Tired and Needs a Facelift” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Sedona / Village of Oak Creek

You added La Quinta Inn Sedona / Village of Oak Creek to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Sedona / Village of Oak Creek
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6176 Hwy 179, Village of Oak Creek (Big Park), Sedona, AZ 86351   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #44 of 47 Hotels in Sedona
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A Bit Tired and Needs a Facelift”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We are staying in several La Quintas on our vacation and notice quite a variety. This one has the same great service and typical breakfasts (though here it's served in a separate pavillion with outdoor option). Having breakfasts included and no charge for our dogs adds value to this budget chain. But this one is old and shabby with no room decor. Fortunately the bed was OK but the refrigerator made so much noise we had to unplug it and use our cooler. They seemed to know just what was wrong with it but the fix they suggested didn't work. Location is away from Sedona proper but that was OK with us. Not quite as busy and still had pretty views and local shops and eateries.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at La Quinta in Oak Creek for two nights. We chose this location because it was dog friendly and relatively inexpensive, but we would NEVER stay here again. The exterior of the hotel and the lobby are what you expect from a two star chain hotel: relatively clean but out-dated. The room, however, was terrible. First, the toilet flapper was broken. My husband had to fix it several times. We asked for a new room and we were told that nothing was available. Second, there was no hot water in the shower and footprint "stains" in the tub. Third, the walls in this hotel are paper thin. The couple in the room next door snored so loudly that it sounded like they were in bed with us. We could even hear them whispering; it was creepy and distracting. Fourth, the bed was very uncomfortable and the sheets had some stains on them. We slept terribly. However, the upside of our hotel experience was that we got up as early as possible to get out of the room, and we had some great opportunities to see the parks before the crowds arrived.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room near an exterior or stairwell door. You will hear EVERYTHING.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerCris, Manager at La Quinta Inn Sedona / Village of Oak Creek, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on trip advisor as we always use your reviews to improve our property. Meagan please call me as soon as you get a chance as I really need to speak to you in regards to your stay. I am shocked by what I read in your review and I would really like to verify your experience and assist you in anyway I can.

Please give me a call anytime

928 284 0711

Ryan W.

La Quinta Inn Sedona
Gilbert, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Seriously, LaQuinta? We are here for one night and we can't even take a bath before heading out to dinner because we have no hot water. While maintenance did get here quickly after calling the front desk, it has been one hour and he is still working. We have had great experiences at other LaQuintas, but this is ridiculous. I will not be staying at this location again. Extremely disappointing.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review on trip advisor as we always use your reviews to improve our property. I remember assisting you with your issue but I do not remember it being an hour more like 15 or 20 minutes before I came down and personally switched you to another room with an awesome view of the red rocks. I also offered to help you move any luggage but you declined that offer. I would love to discuss your experience further so please give me a call anytime 928 284 0711 as I would love to assist you.

Ryan W.

La Quinta Inn Sedona
Cedar City, UT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We often stay in La Quintas as we travel with a pet so booked this property for a recent two night stay in Sedona. It's actually in Oak Creek Village, a few miles east of Sedona proper, but that area is very nice and easy access to Sedona.
This La Quinta is a much older motel that has been refurbished. It was very clean, inside and out, with friendly staff, but still quite dated, particularly the bathroom.
Our room had two queen beds one of which had a visibly saggy mattress when we entered the room. My husband was already having some back discomfort so I took that bed as my back is fine. It was uncomfortable, but when I mentioned it to the manager the next morning she was surprised, apologetic and very responsive, taking note of our room number, saying that it would be addressed as their mattresses were only 6 months old. My husband's bed wasn't wonderful, but better so mine probably wasn't the norm.
The older wall heat/ac unit, under the window, was quite noisy so, between that and the uncomfortable mattress it made for a restless night sleep.
This was the first time I've seen laminate floors in a hotel room, which I assume is part of the remodel. The positive is knowing that they are clean, but the negative is that they were very noisy when our dog walked across them and had sort of a cold feeling.
The other negative was that the only dog potty area was a large area of rock out front. It was landscaped with shrubs, bench and was clean, but for suburban dogs who might not be accustomed to using a hard service it didn't work for us. There was a dirt/weed area behind a business next door, but it was full of winter stickers that are difficult for a dog to walk on so I had to drive to a suitable spot, which wasn't convenient for the late night and early morning pees.
We decided to cancel our 2nd Sedona night there and change our Prescott reservations to an additional night.
When in Sedona in the future we would look for a hotel that was better suited for our needs.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

First the good. The beds are acceptable. The breakfast room next to the pool is nice, and the staff keep it stocked and cleaned up. If you have a pet, this is a La Quinta and they have a mighty nice little area to walk them, etc.

The mediocre- Make sure you know that Oak creek is in the next county over from Sedona proper. The front desk will tell you that it is eight minutes into Sedona. That would be the city line at the outskirts of town, not even close to the center which as others have reported is more like 25 minutes. The time and gas is the cost of the affordable nature of this La Quinta. This is not a busy time of year, but I would hate to see that commute (and who really wants to commute on vacation) during a busier season.

The Bad- The walls are paper thin. If you have neighbors you will hear them. You will be able to recite their conversations, you will be able to tell what they are watching on TV. If noise is a problem for you at all, this is not the location for you.

If you want to sleep and enjoy Sedona... try a different location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dragoon, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

First of all, I'll start from the end of our stay. Apparently on our way home my wife realized she couldn't find her gold & silver ring she made! Looked everywhere... Contacted the hotel & told them, they said they'll ask house keeping. Next day get a call from the mgr (Barbara) & she tells us they found it in the laundry!!! Unbelievable, eh? Can't find honesty like that now a days. :-)

The hotel was nice, clean (laminate floors) instead of carpeting, nice sheets no nasty quilt/bedspread cover. View, good price, clean, great service - what else do ya need!!

Room Tip: can't go wrong for a budget hotel in the Sedona area
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

As this is a pet friendly hotel, the first night we spent here wasn't great as we were constantly woke by barking. However, a quick stop by the front desk the next morning fixed that right up. They made sure not to put any dogs near us the remainder of our stay. Comfortable bed, clean everywhere, good breakfast = good stay!

• Stayed January 2014

Been to La Quinta Inn Sedona / Village of Oak Creek? Share your experiences!