“Not as bad as I was expecting” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Sedona / Village of Oak Creek

You added La Quinta Inn Sedona / Village of Oak Creek to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Sedona / Village of Oak Creek
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6176 Hwy 179, Village of Oak Creek (Big Park), Sedona, AZ 86351   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #44 of 47 Hotels in Sedona
Chicago, Illinois
“Not as bad as I was expecting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My friends booked this hotel so I had to stay here I was really worried after reading all the reviews. It was okay for one night but that is it! The room had a bed, old dresser and desk with chair. Hardwood laminate flooring that felt like it was just put down on the concrete no cushion and it felt like it wasn't "glued" down quite right. Overall the room was clean. The free breakfast was okay. The staff was friendly. I am a hotel snob and would have never picked this place but for one night I managed. Would never stay here again just not my cup of tea.

Room Tip: If you are cheap and need a room for the night this would work. No room service at this place haha.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed one night with two dogs on Labor Day weekend. Price is probably good when comparing other local accommodations. As usual, pets (max 2 dogs) allowed without an extra fee. Yes, you have to sign a form stating you won't leave your pets unattended. I don't like it at all, but it is to be expected. Too bad other guests, i.e. non dog people, can't be as tolerant to pets as some of us are to their children, but I digress.

The room was clean and smelled fine. The view was decent, but not exactly worth the extra $20. We did not hear adjacent guests, other than what sounded like shower/bath water usage.

Cons: Tv picture not very clear. Bathtub and sink drains are VERY slow. Desk staff was not rude, but certainly not overly pleasant (check out was nicer) Can't take breakfast back to room. Breakfast had no scrambled eggs. AC unit has no FAN option, so it shuts off when temp is reached (for those that sleep with fans).

Overall a good value in a beautiful place to visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Skippack, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Tiny cockroaches in the bathroom. They quickly hide behind the sink's counter when i was ready to wack them. Felt so uneasy with them pests in my room. Room has a musty odor. Continental breakfast is ok. Would never come back.

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Why would The parent company allow such a dump, to carry their name!!! Shame on them. We were given a room upstairs even though later we were told that the downstairs has been remodeled and the motel was scarcely populated!! Go figure. The upstairs hallways were dimly lit and had the feel of a prison. The carpet in the hall & bedroom was threadbare, stained and filthy. Doors were chipped and scarred. Bed was old and worn out, as was everything in the room. The btathrooom was dimly lit, shower smelled of mold, tile and fixtures antiquated. Never heard of the make of the TV and reception was so poor it was not worth watching!! Oh yes, the hot tub was broken, as always seems to be the case The only positive I can add, the lady at the front desk were sweet, as we're the help and the entrance and breakfast area was nice. I think the sweet people from the UK need to have there eyesight checked. LQ, you won't be seeing me , again, ever!

Stayed August 2013
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was our first stay at a La Quinta Inn. In general, the room was fine, the pool was nice. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the breakfast room used real plates, cups, bowls and silverware instead of disposable. Also, the view from the hotel was lovely. One bad thing was that even though we said we had no pet, and we didn't; we had to sign a waiver with a high penalty in case we did. Kind of made us a little worried.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here for several days. While it may not be as fancy or scenic as other hotels in town, it is run by nice friendly folks and is generally neat and tidy. They give you free breakfast too, which wasn't half bad.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Do yourself a favor DO NOT STAY HERE.
I have never been so upset with a hotel, especially a LQ.
Thinking it would be great because its Sedona I was excited to stay here. Unfortunately, it is terrible.
The bed sags in the middle. I didn't sleep well at all.
There was an odor in the bathroom.
The Jacuzzi was broken.
I saw roaches by the side entrance.
When I called about the bed the front desk told me the mattress was NEW! NO it most certainly is not new.
Going from Scottsdale AZ. To this hotel was like night and day.
When I checked out I wanted a refund that the room was below standard for being a La Quinta room.
She said she'd never heard a complaint before. Clearly again a lie after seeing these reviews here. Just like telling me that the bed was new.
Next, they tell me they double charged me! They said the management would reverse the extra charge, I'm still waiting!
I still haven't heard from the manager.

I don't know if La Quinta is aware that this place has terrible reviews that now includes mine. And that it is horrible. Someone from corporate needs to take a strong look at this location. Its giving LQ a bad reputation.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to La Quinta Inn Sedona / Village of Oak Creek? Share your experiences!