“The Pitts!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Sedona / Village of Oak Creek

You added La Quinta Inn Sedona / Village of Oak Creek to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Sedona / Village of Oak Creek
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6176 Hwy 179, Village of Oak Creek (Big Park), Sedona, AZ 86351   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #44 of 47 Hotels in Sedona
“The Pitts!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Why would The parent company allow such a dump, to carry their name!!! Shame on them. We were given a room upstairs even though later we were told that the downstairs has been remodeled and the motel was scarcely populated!! Go figure. The upstairs hallways were dimly lit and had the feel of a prison. The carpet in the hall & bedroom was threadbare, stained and filthy. Doors were chipped and scarred. Bed was old and worn out, as was everything in the room. The btathrooom was dimly lit, shower smelled of mold, tile and fixtures antiquated. Never heard of the make of the TV and reception was so poor it was not worth watching!! Oh yes, the hot tub was broken, as always seems to be the case The only positive I can add, the lady at the front desk were sweet, as we're the help and the entrance and breakfast area was nice. I think the sweet people from the UK need to have there eyesight checked. LQ, you won't be seeing me , again, ever!

Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was our first stay at a La Quinta Inn. In general, the room was fine, the pool was nice. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the breakfast room used real plates, cups, bowls and silverware instead of disposable. Also, the view from the hotel was lovely. One bad thing was that even though we said we had no pet, and we didn't; we had to sign a waiver with a high penalty in case we did. Kind of made us a little worried.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here for several days. While it may not be as fancy or scenic as other hotels in town, it is run by nice friendly folks and is generally neat and tidy. They give you free breakfast too, which wasn't half bad.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Do yourself a favor DO NOT STAY HERE.
I have never been so upset with a hotel, especially a LQ.
Thinking it would be great because its Sedona I was excited to stay here. Unfortunately, it is terrible.
The bed sags in the middle. I didn't sleep well at all.
There was an odor in the bathroom.
The Jacuzzi was broken.
I saw roaches by the side entrance.
When I called about the bed the front desk told me the mattress was NEW! NO it most certainly is not new.
Going from Scottsdale AZ. To this hotel was like night and day.
When I checked out I wanted a refund that the room was below standard for being a La Quinta room.
She said she'd never heard a complaint before. Clearly again a lie after seeing these reviews here. Just like telling me that the bed was new.
Next, they tell me they double charged me! They said the management would reverse the extra charge, I'm still waiting!
I still haven't heard from the manager.

I don't know if La Quinta is aware that this place has terrible reviews that now includes mine. And that it is horrible. Someone from corporate needs to take a strong look at this location. Its giving LQ a bad reputation.

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is one of the worst stays I've ever had the misfortune of having had to endure. My family and I stayed here in March 2013 immediately after staying at the La Quinta Inn at Zion National Park in Springdale, UT (which was one of the best stays ever).

We booked the room through Priceline. When we arrived, a large tour group was also checking in. The front desk staff was rude and extremely unhelpful. We had requested a room with two double beds through Priceline when we booked but were told at check-in that the only room available was a room with a single bed. When I told them about the request I made at the time of booking, the manager told me "Tough luck." I asked that since our request was not honored, our pre-payment be returned to us to which she replied, "You can go somewhere else but we already have your money." The front desk receptionist next to her then told us "Next time, book at La Quinta and not on Priceline." I suppose she thought she was trying to be helpful with that admonishment. What I can't understand is, if a hotel willingly participates in a booking arrangement with an online discount broker, why would they not honor the booking agent's requests? More importantly, why would they treat someone who booked their room in this way as a lesser guest? Does La Quinta know how this location is treating these customers? Is Priceline okay with its partners telling their guests not to use them to book rooms through their service?

If it was only that, we might have overlooked the inconvenience in order to salvage our vacation. However, the room they stuck us in was abysmal. The floor and drapes were dirty, the bathroom smelled musty, and the bedspread looked like it had not been changed in months. The pillows had hairs on them. The room was right next to the ice machine at the end of the hall. At all times throughout the night, people using the ice machine could be heard loudly and clearly through the door which kept us awake. Worst of all, we called housekeeping to do something about the odor coming from the bathroom which they promised to address but never did throughout our stay.

The hotel operators will prioritize large groups over you and the staff is rude, unhelpful, even disdainful of its guests. Management is no better. If you must stay here, be sure not to prepay and come with an exit strategy in place with a payment method which will allow you to obtain redress should you not get what you bargained for. Better yet, don't stay at this dump. Choose more wisely than we did.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the ice machines at all costs if you ever plan on sleeping. This hotel does not hon...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The first room they put is in had a bed in it that nobody could sleep in. A huge dip in the bed. The rooms have hard wood, which is nice until you start talking, the room echoes. We travel with a service dog. We had to sign a waiver stating that she is not allowed in the pool or breakfast areas. This posed another problem, I was unable to bring her to breakfast and she can't stay in the room unattendd. I tried to bring my breakfast back to my room and was stopped. You can't bring anything from the breakfast room back to your room.

Late at night a guest in the next room was smoking pot and it was coming into our room giving us a headache. We put in a complaint at the front desk. The woman got defensive and gave us a hard time about it. She called the room and asked if they were smoking. Nothing else was done. Needless to say, I developed a migraine because of it.

This location does not stand up to the standards of other LQ locations. We did not get the helpful service. There were no evening snacks or coffee in the lounge like other locations.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Albuquerque, Nm, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We have stayed at this La Quinta inn several times. It is located just south of Sedona in Oak Creek Village, about 5 min from the center of Sedona via a scenic route. The breakfast room is very nice and overlooks the pool. The surrounding red rocks/mountain scenery is great, and I would highly recommend this LQ location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to La Quinta Inn Sedona / Village of Oak Creek? Share your experiences!