“Great hotel with great views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Red Agave Resort

You added The Red Agave Resort to your Saves list
The Red Agave Resort
2.5 of 5 Lodge   |   120 Canyon Circle Drive, Sedona, AZ 86351 (Formerly Quail Ridge Resort)   |
Ranked #4 of 17 Specialty Lodging in Sedona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Massachussets
“Great hotel with great views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed here for 3 nights with our 3 kids ages 8-12. We had a wonderful time. The location of the hotel was great. Off the main road but close enough to restaurants, stores, hiking, etc. We were on a 10 day road trip so it was great to have a hotel where the kids could have their own space rather than just a regular hotel room. They loved sleeping in the loft. There was a queen bed and they added a cot for us. The cot was older, but fine for a child to sleep on. We also had a separate living room area, kitchen, and a separate bedroom. The bathroom was large and we liked that the sink was outside of the bathroom. Everything is older, but very well maintained. The beds were very comfortable. Our unit was right outside the pool area and it was great. Pool was heated, it was a little cool for the adults, but the kids had a great time in it and the hot tubs were wonderful. We had no noise issues at all when we were there. Many of the other guests were mountain bikers (we are not) but the resort was very quiet and we met some nice people out by the pool. We had planned to do a few more hikes in Sedona but each afternoon the kids just wanted to come back and hang out at the hotel. We had a great time just relaxing and enjoying the views. Laundry at the hotel is great. They let you do your first load for free and each additional load is $2. Their machines are huge. You just need to do it when they are not doing laundry for the units as there is only one washer/dryer on property. This was a huge help as we were halfway through our roadtrip and had lots of dirty clothes.

Our only minor issue with the hotel is that they don't offer daily housekeeping. I somehow missed that on their website and was surprised when we came back the first day and the room was not cleaned. You are expected to do your own dishes and leave the unit in the condition that you found it upon checkin. There were no cleaning supplies so we didn't actually clean the unit before we left but we did take out the trash, clean the dishes, etc. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but when you are hiking in Sedona everything gets really dirty. I tried to have everyone take their shoes off outside but even our socks would be filled with dust so the floor got pretty dirty pretty quickly and not having the room cleaned was a bit of a bummer. You can go to the front desk to exchange your towels and normally that was not a problem. However, one morning we all went for a swim. We were going to Slide Rock so we needed dry towels to bring. My husband went in to exchange the towels and the woman started grumbling at him that there was nothing wrong with the towels and they would dry quickly, etc. She was pretty rude. The other desk clerks could not have been nicer, they were great with helping me with the laundry, showing us around the property, etc.

Overall, this is a fantastic place and I wouldn't hesitate to return there if we make it back to Sedona some day. It was definitely my kids favorite hotel of the whole trip.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I feel especially qualified to leave this review as my wife and I and several of our friends whom we have referred to Red Agave Resort have stayed there many many times over the last 5 plus years. We typically stay in a studio but I have been in the suites many times as well. The physical location is unmatched in my opinion in all of Sedona. The property sits at the edge of protected expanse of undeveloped red rock forest service land. Because of this you get unencumbered views and you feel as though you are camped at the base of incredible red rock mesas such as Bell Rock, Courthouse and Transept. The location is a short walk to many bike rental shops, coffee shops and places to eat...Yet far enough away that you feel truly removed . The accommodations have always been extremely clean and fresh with no weird odors. I have never walked into my awaiting room and smelled musty or " old" lingering odors. This is an important detail to me. The rooms are well appointed with a very user friendly kitchenette. A large separate bathroom and walk in closet make showering and getting ready to go any place really easy and uncrowded. The water is hot and water pressure is great. Outside there is an individual gas BBQ pit for each studio and suite. My wife and I use this often and then enjoy a fresh dinner under the stars on the grounds . The experience here makes you want to just hang around and enjoy the property ! We do allot of back country mountain biking . With trails that leave right from the property and also lead back to the property its allows you to get right into the outdoors without having to drive anywhere. Rolling back to the agave is like coming home...Hot shower clean comfy bed and a beautiful fire pit to sit around at night are awesome......You get the idea. Now for the best part. The brick and mortar make up the dwellings but the relaxed inviting vibe is all about the incredible staff. Tracey , the manager is one of the most accommodating and friendly human beings I have ever met. She has always looked after our needs and has accommodated every request she was able to. She has always gone beyond what any property manager I have ever seen do. The excellence she brings is amazing and her efforts are something to watch. This women is always walking, checking room cleanliness, accommodating customers and just checking in to make sure your satisfied. I wish I had her on my team! Jayne is another one of the managers and she is also a sweet and accommodating gal. I don't know where the owners found their staff but they are what makes the Red Agave Resort what it is....truly. If you like to feel like your at a home away from home. If you like to truly relax and if you love to experience nature but want creature comforts as well, this is your place......This is not a cookie cutter resort, this is Zen personified....Its awesome and we have made it a kind of second home........

Room Tip: Every room and studio has an excellent view and great accommodations. You can't go wrong!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
redagave, Guest Relations Manager at The Red Agave Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful, detailed review.Though all reviews are helpful, yours is the kind that we strive for because it means we're doing our job right. We appreciate the compliments on our staff - we agree that Tracy and Jayne are a wonderful addition to our team and we're glad it shows! We are also glad that you have made us your second home - all of Sedona is beautiful, but we believe that our spot here is one-of-a-kind. Thanks for letting us share it with you.
Hudson, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent two nights at the Red Agave, and on our next visit to the Sedona area, we would definitely stay again. The hotel is an older and very well maintained property, clean, comfortable, quiet, and with all the amenities for a longer stay. We were pleased to find cleaning supplies for dishes, as well as coffee etc for our use. The view is spectacular, and the location is convenient & not as crowded/busy as the main part of Sedona, with groceries and plenty of restaurants close by. We didn't use the pool or hot tub, but they both looked to be fine for the size of resort.

Room Tip: we stayed in the lodge - quiet, perfect for the two of us, and had a great view
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
redagave, Guest Relations Manager at The Red Agave Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed the amenities and we hope you enjoyed the coffee. And you're right about the views, they are pretty spectacular.

Thanks for choosing us as your home away from home. We hope to see you again soon!

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here on a long road trip from CO to Grand Canyon and was truly impressed. Fantastic views from any of the A frame cabins along with having trailhead right at the edge of the grounds. Pool was a refreshing break as well. Epic MTB trails surround the area. We plan on organizing a mountain bike trip here in the next year or so.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate hearing what our guests have to say about their stay with us. It sounds like you had a pretty awesome vacation, which is just the way it should be. Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home in Sedona. We look forward to seeing you again!
huntington beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family of 6 loved this place. We stayed in one of the cabins. Our teenage girls loved sleeping in the loft. I read some of the negative reviews about the spiral staircase but they were no problem at all and we had a 5 year old.
We loved how our back porch looked out on the wonderful setting of the red rocks. When we first arrived, we were sad to not have a cabin right next to the pool. However, after the three nights, we loved that our cabin was right in front (10 feet away) of the start of the Slim Shady Trail.
The wilderness borders The Red Agave Resort so i would take my boys hiking on the Slim Shady Trail. We saw deer, quail, lizards, rabbits and scorpions. How cool is that to be able to have a cabin that is ten feet away from all of that.
The Slim Shady Trail is a very popular mountain biking trail but seemed to be a bicycle trail for more of the intermediate to advanced bikers.
The courtyard at the resort was really nice with a pool and 2 hot tubs.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lake Powell Cabin
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate hearing what our guests have to say. It sounds like you had a great vacation and that makes us happy!

We're glad you enjoyed the easy trail access - it's one of our favorite things about the resort too. If mountain biking is your thing, Sedona has all levels of bike trails. Next time you're in town we'll be more than happy to get you on the trail that is just your speed!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This review is still in progress as we speak. It started well as I was trying to book a room here because a close dear friend is having her wedding here and she requested that she would enjoy it if all of us were able to stay in the same place. I spoke with Tracy at first and explained that we would be driving in from Phoenix on Saturday and we were with the wedding party. The only room left was the chalet which can accomadate 4 people and runs at $239.00. I explained that it would only be myself and my daughter and she suggested I ask some other wedding party goers, so I did and they cancelled their reservations at another hotel. I called back to make the reservation and another lady named Jane answered. I explained the situation and asked to book it, she immediately responds that it is a two night minimum and we can not just stay Saturday night for the wedding. She had no customer service skills and argued with every suggestion I gave, and pretty much said that I should call the bride to make other arrangements. Needless to say the bride is not happy with the knowledge of how I was treated and said to make the reservation anyway and she will cover the expense if she had to. After lengthy phone calls with the resort, I booked the room and suggested that instead of arguing with customers they should be a little more courteous. Not once did they apologize for not telling me the two night stay requirement in the first place and denied I said I was only staying on Saturday. That should have been the first thing they said instead of getting other people to stay with me and cancel their previous reservations with another hotel. The wedding is this weekend so I am curious to see the outcome. To be continued.....................................

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are always glad to hear feedback from our guests because we believe that there is always room for improvement.

We apologize for any miscommunication you encountered while booking your room. When the whole resort is booked for an event, our staff is trained to book rooms according to the agreement set up by the booking party.

We do hope you enjoy the wedding and your time at the resort - it is a lovely place to spend a couple of days at. If we may assist you in any way during our stay, please let us know.
Palo Alto, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I chose Red Agave because I wanted a smaller, uncomplicated place to stay in the Sedona area that had the amenities I like when I travel: room for the family with kitchen/ette facilities, pool/hot tub and access to activities. Red Agave is all that with the added benefit of being in a quiet location with fabulous views and immediate access to National Forest trails. The atmosphere is relaxed, but professional. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. We are always glad to hear what our guests have to say about their stay with us, and are happy to hear you enjoyed yours.

Red Agave Resort

Been to The Red Agave Resort? Share your experiences!