“a good choice in sedona” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Red Agave Resort

Save Saved
You added The Red Agave Resort to your Saves list
The Red Agave Resort
2.5 of 5 Lodge   |   120 Canyon Circle Drive, Sedona, AZ 86351 (Formerly Quail Ridge Resort)   |
Ranked #5 of 18 Specialty lodging in Sedona
Tucson, Arizona
“a good choice in sedona”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

We stayed in one of the A frame chalets..it was very nice, not luxury but kept very clean. The views are amazing, and the resort is out of the hustle and bustle of Sedona proper. I would stay here again, everyone was very nice, and you can't beat the location!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

208 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
DeKalb, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I took a group of friends for a 5 day mountain biking trip to Sedona and made the Red Agave our base camp. It's more than ideal for biking and hiking: the trail is literally out your backdoor.
I HIGHLY recommend the Red Agave for any duration - it's a great resort.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

My family and I just spent a long weekend at The Red Agave Resort. It is in such a beautiful location, just walk out the front door and take a hike. I stayed here one year for Thanksgiving and we made a full Thanksgiving dinner in our Chalet! A little more counter space would be great, but you can figure it out. Sedona has a lot to offer but we love just hanging out here and not wandering too far away. Really could walk to several spots for a meal or a little shopping all within a mile if you want to. We had a great time meeting new people every night as we sat around the campfire and ate smores.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms, all have spectacular views but if you are there in the winter I would ask fo...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the red agave resort for 3 nights. When arriving the front desk welcomed us and gave tons of love to our dog. They're very helpful in suggesting great restaurants, sights to see, and shops to visit. The rooms are so cozy, and very clean. We stayed in the Glen Canyon room, which had a GREAT view of the beautiful red rock. They have a fire going every night along with Smores. You definitely get what you pay for. THE RED AGAVE RESORT IS AMAZING! thanks for the memorable visit. :)

• Stayed January 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival the open space and amazing views drew us in. The check in was a breeze and everyone was so welcoming! We felt as relaxed as in our own backyard.

• Stayed January 2012
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Our family stayed here after the Christmas holiday. Each morning we woke up to the Cathedral Rocks glowing through our window as the sun came up. The hiking/Mountain bike trail was directly behind our chalet. The experience was breathtaking. We were so disappointed that we had to leave at the end of the week. Great location and value. Could eat in but plenty of reasonable restaurants in the area that were organic with many vegetarian selections. Will definitely be making this our yearly tradition.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Traveling solo, I thought I may have an issue staying in this 2 story villa, NOT.

It was AMAZING. Me. Postcard View of the Rocks. Grilled Food. Wine. Relaxing.

The staff directed me to a supermarket to get basics to use my time enjoying the view vs. eating out. (Note - I love eating out), but these 2 days, staying in was better!! I got a small piece of salmon & grilled it on my patio while overlooking the bell rock.
The staff also invited me to to come back to the resort for a party with live music, days after I checked out!

Drawbacks: 1) Pool 2) My neighbors mentioned that they saw a coyote. I thought I heard a snake. Well, they both are possible as my patio led right into the fields.... Now this really isn't a drawback, but for this NYC girl, I had to just run inside and enjoy the view from the inside!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Red Agave Resort? Share your experiences!