“Great location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel. The room we had was a corner room suite with 3 balconies. The room was huge! The bathroom was very large with a jacuzzi tub for two. Plus we also had a half bath. Talk about space. The only thing was that the bed was a little too soft and could be changed out. Woke a few days with back aches. The hotel was very quiet and had a very nice outdoor set up. The hotel is located right in the center of Sedona and it was so easy to get around. Join Kimpton and the Wi fi is free.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Korean first
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My boyfriend and I are locals and we decided to use our Restaurant.com coupon at the SaltRock Restaurant at this hotel. The experience at the restaurant was fine but the reason I felt compelled to write a review was because of the valet guys. Reagen, Brian and Joseph were "on duty" and boy did they make us feel welcome! Not only were they smiling the entire time, they made eye contact, greeted us warmly, held the door open and were sincere about their service the entire time. As we left, they were just a courteous and friendly in their goodbyes. I will remember our visit because of them! Thanks fellas!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
League City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very nice property! Really enjoyed our stay here. There are many options when staying in Sedona. This one has a nice location in the town area, you can walk to shopping areas restaurants, etc. other properties outside of town may have more beautiful locations but you would have to drive to get to restaurants, galleries, etc. although the drive wouldn't be far. I think you can't go wrong with any property in the Sedona area. Amara however offers some interesting amenities. If you own pets they are very pet friendly. Nice bar/restaurant. Free yoga in the mornings. Nice spa. This property may be a little pricey for some but it is worth it. Definitely sign up for the Kimpton program for some extras, free wifi, upgrades, etc. staff here excellent in every area. We did have to wait for our room upon arrival, as did others, I suspect not enough housekeeping staff. We didn't mind many things to do while waiting and we were compensated for the wait.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Kimpton frequent stay program to get upgrades, room, free wifi, etc. I would not pa...
New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was our first trip to Sedona and after reading countless reviews we decided to stay at this Kimpton Boutique Resort. We have stayed at Kimpton before on the East Coast and enjoyed it. The Amara is in a great location and near all the shops and restaurants which is very convenient. It is situated down a hill in its own little secluded haven! However , there is great complimentary shuttle if you don't want to walk up the steep incline.

After a long and tiring drive we were warmly greeted by the valet team who was amazing for our entire 5 days we were there! These guys are friendly, personable and knowledgeable and happy to do anything for you and always a smile ... kudo's to the entire valet team !!!

The front desk was extremely friendly and welcoming as well! Ryan checked us in , unfortunately our room was not ready at 4:00 and he was very apologetic as he could tell we were very tired. We were able to have a complimentary drink while waiting and he personally came out to the deck to give us our keys to the room within the hour ... special thanks to Ryan!!

The lobby outdoors faced the beautiful Red Rocks with chairs, fire pits and a salt water pool. It was very beautiful! The pool was crowded on our first day and not enough chairs but the rest of the week we were able to sit by the pool. It was nice to swim and look at the beauty of the Red Rocks!
Kimpton also serves complimentary wine and an appetizer from 5-6pm which is really a nice little perk where you can sit , relax and mingle with other guests. The hummus was AMAZING !!! I am not a fan of hummus but it was absolutely delicious !!!! We only had breakfast at the restaurant which was good. Did not have dinner at the resort, thought the options were limited.

Our room was Creekside and happy we chose it. It was more private and quiet than being poolside, though it was a far walk! We had a small balcony , overlooking the creek and the beautiful view. We sat on the balcony each morning drinking our coffee ... it was so peaceful! Thanks for the K-Cup machine in the room - nice perk ...no pun intended : )

The room was nice, simple and clean. Not a"5" star room but it was sufficient. Bathroom was on the small side but there was room to put all our things and of course a makeup mirror which is a must have for me! There was a big jacuzzi tub which was AWESOME and a surprise! I enjoyed using that after a busy day of sightseeing!

There is a spa on sight and also complimentary steam and relaxation rooms which were wonderful .. another nice perk. So I guess if you use the perks it is worth the resort fee.

We really enjoyed the resort and happy we booked 4 nights !! Our only issue was on our last night I realized both phone and IPad charges were missing. I had used them early in the week so I know they were there. I did report it to management and they followed up on the situation but found no misdoings by the housekeeper. Christine followed up with me via voice mail which was appreciated. Unfortunately they were not found but other than that it was a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Choosing your room is a personal preference. We wanted quiet and chose Creek side and loved it !!
vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have stayed in Sedona a few times now and I have to say that the quality of the hotels is not very good. My husband and I decided to try a top hotel this time to see if we would have a better experience. For the price I would have to say that the hotel overall is disappointing but does have some redeeming qualities. The room's furniture and decor were basic, the grounds were average and the concierge surly. The main entry with water, coffee and wine at various points in the day, patio restaurant with a great view of the red rocks, quality of the food and pool were quite good. So as long as you get out of your room you will have a nice experience

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Had us entranced from the moment we walked and the beautiful event in the lobby. Gorgeous view of mountains, river, 5pm drinks on the lawn, salt water pool. Room (we got junior suite for 2 kids) so nice there are kids here, but not too any, wasn't too loud. Drinking a hot coffee sitting on chairs looking at the mountains at 6am - wish I were living here. Sophisticated yet family friendly, peaceful, - please keep it that way, just tell parents to be considerate!

Room Tip: Junior suites worth the price with kids
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Encino
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I normally would not have stayed in this hotel, but since my daughter-in-law made the reservations, i went along with it. At first I felt it was a little pricy for my budget.
OK, now I take all that back. The hotel is located in the heart of town, where all the action is.
It is sunken down near the base of the mountain and takes a little getting used to walking to the street level, but that gives it its charm.

Everyone at this resort was as friendly as can be. The valet drivers are extremely friendly and will do almost anything for you. We were in town and were too tired to walk back so we called and they came over to pick us up and take us back to the resort. This is what they do and get pleasure in doing it.

I found the restaurant to be very fair (price wise) with a decent and varied menu. The pool area is exceptional with plenty of seating and can you believe....cabana's that they don't charge you for. Only two of them, but where do you find hotels that don't charge for their cabanas?

The rooms are awesome, bed is to die for and the place is immaculate. The bathroom is of perfect size and well lighted. I would not hesitate to stay there again. Once I got over the cost differential from Best Western to this place....I realized it is worth the money!!!

Oh one more thing. They do charge you for Wifi, but if you sign up to be on their mailing list, they will give you free wifi and some other perks, like $10.00 toward your bar bill, etc.. I did not sign up for this, as I was told they ask for some inappropriate personal information on the form. You can check this out for yourselves, I did not.

Almost forgot....they serve wine and snacks around the pool area from about 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm. The complimentary wine was exceptional, both red and white.

Room Tip: Try to get a room around the pool area. We were right above their restaurant which has outdoor seat...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Amara Resort & Spa, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!