“Very nice place, parking...not so nice.” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   100 Amara Lane, Sedona, AZ 86336   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Park City, Utah
“Very nice place, parking...not so nice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I spent 2 nights here with clients during a photo tour I was holding. Everything was very nice with the exception of first being able to find the place and then parking. The parking attendants were very helpful but since we were in and out several times during the day having to have the car valet parked was a little inconvenient for our needs. For others this is probably not any big deal.

Everyone was very nice and helpful, rooms were large and nicely furnished. The small refrigerator in my room was a bit loud and enclosed in a cabinet at the foot of the bed and it did not seem to be ventilated so it was very warm inside that cabinet keeping the unit running all the time, or so it seemed. Again, not a big deal or a deal breaker.

Next visit to this area will probably have me searching for lodging on the outskirts of town but again this is just for my needs and that of my photographer clients.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

1st time staying at the Amara, and cannot wait to go back. The facility is beautiful; the staff is welcoming and friendly, and were very helpful in recommending good restaurants, hikes, etc. We loved it. Thank you so much!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of March. I am a Kimpton rewards member and stay frequently at their properties on the East coast. The property location was ideal, nestled at the base of a hill in the middle of town. The check in staff were very pleasant and accomodating as well as the bar tender and the valet team. (although, ridiculous that you could only obtain your car from the valet whom you had to tip each time) Things we were disappointed with. - Restaurant service was slow to non existent. We asked twice to be seated after waiting for a long time and were told "that we are running behind". this despite the fact that the dining area was not full. Both times, we left and walked up town to find a restaurant. The same applied during happy hour. The waitress cashed out our tab without asking if we wanted to order anything else. I witnessed several other guests receive the same type of service. I overheard a guest walk up to staff to ask about ordering dessert after his dinner. The hostess was most often using her smartphone and paying no attention to the room dynamics, Our bedroom was pleasant, however, at the high season rates being charged, I was surprised to see that the bathroom wall was in major need of repair. There were also toiletries from a previous guest still in our bathroom and we only had one bath towel in our room upon check in. Overall, I felt the property was not as well maintained (carpets seemed in need of a good vacuum, there were always used dishes from room service sitting in hallway), etc. I am not one who typically publicly complains and I travel for work non stop and am flexible with situations as I can only guess at the demands of running an operation like this. However, I replied privately to the survey that was sent from Kimpton and had hoped to have a reply back after 2 weeks. I also expressed my disappointment twice to the front desk after we were never seated for dining and they seemed surprised, yet did not take action to try and accomodate us.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Crystal Lake IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I thought this place was just "Alright." The rate we paid for the room was a little high. Didn't like that we had to walk through three buildings to get to our room. I guess someone has too. The pool is small. Not enough lounge chairs. Never got to swim or relax by the pool. There is a kind of a buffer/play area between the restaurant and the pool with fake grass. We felt it cheapens the grounds. They have complimentary wine from 5pm - 6pm with chips and salsa. They just set the tray on a foot rest when we were there. Little hokee. All the staff were friendly. The valet staff and hotel greeters were fantastic. They got the car in less than sixty seconds. Couple of them made great recommendations for things to do. The restaurant was nice. No ice machines. Have to call staff to have ice delivered to the room. Best cable we have ever had. Complimentary coffee, in the morning, down in the lobby. Should include some type of continental breakfast for the price you pay. Ate at their restaurant twice. See that review.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First let me start by saying this hotel was not our first choice--Enchantment was--but it was booked. This ended up being a blessing in disguise. I feel that this property was just as upscale, just as beautiful and with a MUCH better location. Let me explain. The resort is in the Middle of Town which was precisely the reason we didn't want to stay here. However, with luck, you'll see the sign and go down a steep hill and see this resort nestled between others but still set back against the amazing backdrop of the red rocks! It feels so private. And it was pretty crowded. We had a nice room facing the pool, again, wasn't sure how I would feel about it, but with the free outside wine hour, warm sun on our faces, the firepit, chairs and easy access to hot tub and pool, I felt like I was walking into my cozy backyard. The staff here was helpful and pleasant. The parking is only valet, which we were fine with, but others may not be--a small tip every time we used the car does add up, I guess, but the service was prompt, so it truly was convenient. We didn't love the Saltrock overall, but the view and food were great. And the best part was, for anyone who didn't want to use the restaurant the in town location solved that issue--unlike the Enchantment--where choices would have been quite a drive away. We were very relaxed here. We loved the wine hour and the lobby games and took advantage of the firepit for smores night. These amenities made Amara a comfy and convenient home for us. Sedona is pretty upscale in general, but if you are looking for an inexpensive option, this isn't it since the food and resort fees (I think $22/day), plus the parking tips add to the published price. But, it was truly lovely and perfect for our family of 4, plus grandparents.

Room Tip: The pool view worked for us because we opened our door onto what felt like our backyard
Green Features: I didn't notice this to be honest, but that's probably just me.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Patrick G, General Manager at Amara Resort & Spa, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Jersey_Jet_Setter,
While we weren’t your first choice, I am thrilled that you gave us a shout and that we didn’t disappoint. Location, Location, Location……Uptown Sedona close to the shops and restaurants but you feel miles away because we are down the long hill and have amazing views. The team appreciates the shout out for the prompt service and hustle. The resort fee includes valet parking, daily yoga classes, access to the steam and relaxation areas, as well as shuttle service within a mile of the property. Wine hour and morning coffee and tea in the lobby every day is another Kimpton perk. Thanks for sharing your experience and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Warm regards,
Patrick Gaskin
Johnson Creek, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My daughters and I stayed at Amara last October and had some items taken from our room. I'm writing to say that Amara made good on their offer to reimburse us for the amount of the items taken in a timely manner. And I feel now I can write that the accommodations were clean, the hotel environment was cordial and surroundings were beautiful. The only thing that was not to my liking was the parking situation, because everytime you wanted to go somewhere you had to have valet service. Which by the way was excellent, if you don't mind tipping all the time. Also, it's a nice place to stay for adults who want to get away.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent a lot of time looking for places to stay at in Sedona - weren't sure about whether it was worth paying the price to stay here. At the end of the day, spending a little bit more delivered an amazing experience. The hotel is in a great location - tucked behind the main strip but very quiet and tranquil. The place is small enough so it's not crowded (even when fully booked) and the staff are super-attentive and patient. Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Our room didn't have any views but frankly - if you're in Sedona and you're in your room...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Amara Resort & Spa, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!