My teenager was supposed to go to Sedona with me but she bugged out at the last minute and I went alone.
The Amara is more or less shaped like a V with the widest part having a beautiful view of the Snoopy rock formation. The public areas are within the V -- the narrowest point is the restaurant then a pretty red rock fountain with a sitting area, then a games area on astro turf and then the pool. The rooms are in six buildings running the sides of the V and the best rooms are at the very ends. The hotel is two stories.
I had a view of the pool. With only two stories, you hear any noise in the common area, so if you are looking for quiet or solitude you won't find it at Amara. The room itself has some strange sounds during the day and evening, some of it being the AC system. In my particular room, if you didn't close the bathroom door completely when you left, it swung open and you hit it with the door when you came back in the room.
The valet parking men are adorable and they are hiking gurus. The life guards of Sedona. :-)
Sometimes the front desk is helpful, other times not. I arrived before my room was ready. The first front desk person acknowledged I was there. When I talked to another one, she actually called the cleaning service and asked specifically could they clean my room ASAP. Also, there's a large infused bottle of water on a table in the lobby across from the front desk. How does it ever run out of cups? It's such a small perk, it should be a priority.
The restaurant was okay, but not a standout. The huevos rancheros were good, but the ones in the Phoenix airport were better and even a bit less expensive.
It's quite a hike up to the main drag, but I enjoyed it. However, traffic in this part of Sedona is crazy and I always left early when I used my car to avoid it.
I've stayed at several Kimpton hotels. I love the Argonaut in San Francisco and also that one on King Street in Alexandria, VA that is closest to the Metro and the Masonic Temple. This hotel is not in the same league.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four-Diamond Amara Resort Hotel & Spa is a modern sanctuary that offers the best of all worlds. Ideally located in the Uptown area of America's most neautiful place, Sedona, Arizona. Welcome to the Amara Resort and Spa. We invite you to sit back, relax and enjoy the many recent enhancements to our property. All guest rooms include luxurious bed linens, robes, in room safes and refrigerators, in addition to a balcony offering spectacular views of the Sedona red rocks or our gardens. Enjoy in room dining or the sounds of live music at Hundred Rox, our indoor/outdoor three meal a day restaurant. Treat yourself to a massage or hot stone treatment at The Spa or sit by our infinity pool and soak in the spirit of Sedona and the Amara Resort and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Amara Resort & Spa, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Sedona
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Amara Resort Sedona
- Amara Hotel Sedona
- Amara Sedona