“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Essex
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Really enjoyed our 2 day stay at the Amara. Set in stunning Sedona with great views of red rocks this hotel is great value in a stunning location. On arrival your car is taken care of by the inclusive valet (though we always tipped as they were so friendly and helpful). We had a Spa room which was really nice with a fridge and a small patio leading out to the stunning garden. It was our anniversary and they had a bottle of bubbles and chocolate Strawberry's waiting for us which was a nice touch. They have a free shuttle that takes you up into town to many of the bars and restaurants and a free wine session between 5 and 6 every day! All in all a great stay and my only gripe is that we didn't get room made up on our 2nd day but while some would mark down I'm more chilled about stuff like that and didn't let it spoil my stay.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Korean first
Voorhees, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We spent our 25th wedding anniversary here so we were already in great spirits when we arrived~ the room was creekside which really wasn't much, but the views in the courtyard area were spectacular. We had our glass of wine from happy hour, the fire pits were lit and the adirondack chairs with blankets just helped set the scene for peaceful evenings. The air is fresh, the weather was slightly cool and even though we were in the middle of Sedona, the hotel is so secluded you would never know it.
Take a moment from the hotel and walk up the steps into town.....you'll see a landing were you need to just STOP, take a breath and revel in the beauty of the hills. God is good.

Room Tip: Creekside is what people seemed to recommend, but the trees covered the creek so we really didn'...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I recently spent 1 night at the Amara in Sedona, and liked it a lot. The staff are excellent: helpful, friendly, always available. The room was the cheapest category, and the view left a lot to be desired. The bed was great, which I don't often say about hotel beds. Each room has a private balcony but unfortunately, mine looked down on a parking area. The mini-bar choices were a little strange but as a Kimpton Rewards member, you get a $10 credit. The bathroom had the standard tub/shower arrangement and water pressure was good. The room was large enough for 2 people to be comfortable in.
The outdoor bar and pool area is gorgeous, with stunning views of the red rock hills that surround Sedona. We had drinks and appetizers, which were both exceptional and strange. The exceptional was the fried yucca sticks with a dipping sauce...incredibly tasty! The strange was the margarita I had that shouldn't ever be called a margarita. They had outdoor burners stationed around the patio so you were never chilled (as long as you had a light jacket with you).
The location is just off the main drag through uptown Sedona, which hasthe more full-time resident/touristy stuff. The really high-end galleries are just a few minutes' drive before you get into Uptown. There's plenty of parking available, either self or valet.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would definitely choose a "creekside" room, rather than the "patio" room I had...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Grand Rapids MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Let me start by saying Kimpton hotels are my absolute FAVORITE line of hotels. If we go anywhere there is a Kimpton, we will book it without question.

When traveling west this spring for a wedding, we booked a Kimpton in Phoenex- then traveled to Sedona for some R&R after the wedding. I had been SO excited about staying at this Kimpton property despite the steep price for booking a room here.

First off- The view does not disappoint. It is by far the best part of staying here. The view from the pool is fabulous. The breakfast view outside is fantastic. You just cant go wrong.

The reason I'm giving Amara an average rating is for two main factors- Customer service, and hotel room quality.

Customer Service- We sat out by the pool and there were no wait staff for drinks even though we were told someone would be out, and there were many other guests out by the pool. We waited so long we ended up walking to the bar to order our own drinks. This was not a big deal- as the bar is not far, however, would have been nice to have service as we were told.
Second, while asking for a specific type of drink, the person at the bar didnt know what I was talking about. She yelled to a couple of people in the kitchen asking if they had heard of it and they laughed and said to order something else. I dont think they knew I could hear them, but I found it very rude.

The rooms were being updated at the time of our stay. The rooms were not dirty, or bad. They were just on the smaller side and motel-ish. They were not what I expect when I stay at a Kimpton resort. It is possible that we got a room that had not yet been updated, however, I feel this is something we should have been notified of before staying at this property. We would likely have stayed anyway however.

Again, LOVE Kimpton, just expected a lot more from this resort as I found it to be slightly better than average and it did not have the boutique, wow factor the Kimptons usually have.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A big thank you to Crysta and the Amara staff for crushing my expectations! I set up a room for my mom and her friend that were traveling Route 66, and made a stop in Sedona. After two quick emails with Crysta, my mom and her friend had a friendly and efficient check in experience, a wonderful room with a view of the mountains, a welcome amenity that was tailored to their "Thelma and Louise" adventure, and a wonderful dinner at SaltRock. They said every staff member they encountered was most polite, the room was spacious and clean, and the area around the resort was perfect to relax after many miles traveled.. Thanks again to Crysta and the awesome staff at the Amara!!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Amara Resort is one of the best hotel experiences I've had. From the location (near Sedona's main drag but with some fantastic views of the famous red rocks), to the staff (uniformly pleasant and helpful), to the guest rooms (large, airy and well maintained, with balconies looking to the river), to the pool and common areas, everything is top notch. We stayed two nights and I wish I could have stayed a week. To give a quick example of good customer service - we were traveling in a ridiculously large RV. The Amara valets set aside a large space for us to park and helped guide me there as well -- excellent anticipation of needs on their part. Kimpton should be very proud of this property both in location and execution.

Room Tip: Many rooms have balcony views of the rocks and the river -- aim for one of those if you can.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
circle pines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Lovely rooms and views from the rooms, easy access from downtown, wonderful customer service! From the staff checking us in to the valet service and waiters - absolutely wonderful. We had a corner room overlooking the pool area and courtyard and then also the creek behind us. Excellent customer service and very friendly staff. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. First class!

Green Features: Excellent - they are a Green and Pet friendly hotel!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Amara Resort & Spa, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!