Our trip to the resort was fantastic. As far as facilities, the pool and cabanas were probably the highlight. I've never seen an infinity pool that looked over anything other than a body of water, but the infinity over the red rocks was stunning. The loungers and cabanas are first-come, first-served, which I think is a great philosophy at any resort. Food and drinks are available for service by the pool, and we spent the bulk of our vacation here (much nicer than the pool facilities next door at L'Auberge).
Staff were all friendly, from front desk to valet to spa to engineering. Special mention goes to Max in engineering, who went out of his way to vacuum up some terrifying bugs that made their way inside when we foolishly left the screen open briefly (BEWARE of terrifying insects at the creek). However, I would say the room left a little something to be desired. The layout was a bit awkward in our suite, and I felt some basic housekeeping details and room amenities were lacking. The room was not quite as clean/pristine as I would have liked (e.g., drink rings on the coffee table), and old room service glasses (from the previous guest) were left in the hall outside the room for hours. No in-room coffee maker, old blow dryer, worn bathrobes, etc. -- just a few little things amiss at this price point.
The spa was reasonably priced and the services were great. Love love love the free morning yoga. The food was also very good, with lots of food and beverage options (although the restaurant next door at L'Auberge was OUTSTANDING and worth a visit). Overall a great trip and I will definitely plan to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four-Diamond Amara Resort Hotel & Spa is a modern sanctuary that offers the best of all worlds. Ideally located in the Uptown area of America's most neautiful place, Sedona, Arizona. Welcome to the Amara Resort and Spa. We invite you to sit back, relax and enjoy the many recent enhancements to our property. All guest rooms include luxurious bed linens, robes, in room safes and refrigerators, in addition to a balcony offering spectacular views of the Sedona red rocks or our gardens. Enjoy in room dining or the sounds of live music at Hundred Rox, our indoor/outdoor three meal a day restaurant. Treat yourself to a massage or hot stone treatment at The Spa or sit by our infinity pool and soak in the spirit of Sedona and the Amara Resort and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, HotelsClick, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Amara Resort & Spa, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Sedona
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Amara Resort Sedona
- Amara Hotel Sedona
- Amara Sedona