My wife and I recently were guests at the Amara Spa and Resort. We stayed in July. The resort is situated just off the main road, highway 89A, in uptown Sedona and is close to shopping and restaurants. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. The lobby is clean, tidy and modern – as is the restaurant and out-door seating areas. Similarly, our room – facing Oak Creek - was clean, quiet and comfortable.
The pool area, with a salt water pool, is OK but nothing special. There is one hot tub in the pool area.
Complimentary newspapers - US Today, Arizona Republic, New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal - are available in the lobby. There is also coffee and tea in the lobby area early in the morning. A complimentary wine is served in the lobby area between 5 and 6 pm.
The room lacked coffee making facilities. There is no complimentary breakfast.
It would be helpful if the management provided a clear list of what the guest obtains with the resort fee. The hotel is far over-priced. For the fee paid (about $310), one would expect at least coffee making facilities, and perhaps a complimentary breakfast. My impression is that one is paying for the 300-thread-count Italian linens, which really do not make you sleep any better. There are many alternatives in Sedona. For example, the Hampton Inn, which is 1.8 miles from central Sedona, is half the price and provides a complimentary breakfast and in room coffee facilities. Before booking at Sedona, I would suggest researching a good travel site to get better value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four-Diamond Amara Resort Hotel & Spa is a modern sanctuary that offers the best of all worlds. Ideally located in the Uptown area of America's most neautiful place, Sedona, Arizona. Welcome to the Amara Resort and Spa. We invite you to sit back, relax and enjoy the many recent enhancements to our property. All guest rooms include luxurious bed linens, robes, in room safes and refrigerators, in addition to a balcony offering spectacular views of the Sedona red rocks or our gardens. Enjoy in room dining or the sounds of live music at Hundred Rox, our indoor/outdoor three meal a day restaurant. Treat yourself to a massage or hot stone treatment at The Spa or sit by our infinity pool and soak in the spirit of Sedona and the Amara Resort and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, HotelsClick, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Amara Resort & Spa, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Sedona
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Amara Resort Sedona
- Amara Hotel Sedona
- Amara Sedona