“Nicely updated furnishings. Good service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rise + Dine
Ranked #16 of 46 hotels in Sedona
New York City, New York
“Nicely updated furnishings. Good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We chose to stay here to see how it has been incorporated into the Kimpton family. The hotel is in the upper section of town, and has great views into the canyon. It also has the only saltwater swimming pool in Sedona. There is easy access to the main road and shops. The location is convenient other attractions and hiking trails.

Check-in was efficient, although I was not recognized as an Inner Circle member and the benefits were not explained to me, like in other Kimpton properties I had stayed in. The rooms are nicely designed and spacious. Bathroom amenities were CO Bigelow brand. The valets were very attentive and friendly. As with all Kimptons, the evening wine social hour was nice, as was the complementary morning coffee. The spa is also complementary to guests, and include a steam room, shower, and meditation area.

Pool service was lacking, however. After waiting over 10 minutes for the drink menu after asking the pool attendant for it, I ended up asking another guest to look at theirs. Likewise, one drink order took another 15 minutes to come out, and almost 45 minutes for the attendant to give me the check after asked for the bill.

Bell service was also a bit slow in my experience. I waited 20 minutes after requesting checkout bell service only to receive a phone call from the front desk confirming that I asked for help.

Again, this is a nice property with great amenities and location. I hope that the shortcomings I experienced during my stay were isolated incidences. I'd consider staying here again if I knew that the service is consistently good. I mentioned my experiences directly with the staff and they were very attentive and friendly in their reply.

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed at this place five years ago, it is one of two upscale non brand hotels here in Sedona proper, (the main tourist shop area), many more shops located in the various areas of Sedona, though need car or shuttle, this place has been acquired by Kimpton resorts and there are some changes since last here. Biggest by far is it's now pet friendly, this has always been an issue with my travels in that the cleaning up after and designated areas for animals is too close proximity to rest and relaxation spots.so far from what I see the mix isn't visible save for seeing dogs. I'm not anti pets just the seemingly increase in animal waste. Has to be mentioned, this said, I've not seen or smelled anything here. There is a welcome bowl of water and dog biscuits at reception.there is a 24 gym though the walk up to street level will keep you in shape, shuttle offered for you not wanting to make the walk. Everyone is attentive and courteous. Rates are best by talking to front desk, received best price even over [hotel tonight].small bar and restaurant on site though late night here is 10ish, good mix of world travelers here from all over. Standard rooms are adequate, nicely styled and quiet, even with ac blasting, required here 90-100F . Overall a good stay, though more family that solo travelers here, and since that was my motif this time all well on the west high desert .Sedona is beautiful and magical and will catch your breath, over and over

Stayed July 2014
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Relaxing stay in a beautiful resort. Being a fan of Kimpton hotels we decided to give the AMARA a try. The resort was perfectly located, walking distance to all restaurants and shops in town. The valet guys were welcoming and helpful. The front desk was friendly and accommodating. They helped us with dining recommendations and assisted us with setting up a few local activities/tours. The room was modern, spacious and clean with an extremely comfortable bed. The bathroom was clean but small. We loved having free Wifi. We dined several times at the restaurant on the property, Hundred Rox. Service was always great. The resort offered a complementary shuttle service within a mile of the resort. The salt water pool was beyond relaxing- the view from the pool is amazing. The resort also offers complementary coffee, tea and newspapers in the morning and happy-hour wine in the afternoon. We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 day stay and wished we could have stayed longer.

Sausalito, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We chose this place because they are a pet friendly property and in the perfect location in Sedona.
Perfect location in uptown next to many shops and restaurants that you can walk to or ride their bikes or take the free shuttle.

I have stayed at Kimpton properties before for business but haven's stayed with my dogs. I was so impressed with how they greeted us and our doggies!

They were mindful of our dogs and gave us a ground floor room backing up to the creek with a wooded patio setting. It was the perfect location and easy to open up our patio door and walk the dogs.

The property is so peaceful with amazing grounds to walk your dog and hang out. The infinity pool and hot tub were beautiful with the red rocks as your backdrop.

We loved it! We will definitely we back to stay and bring our doggies again.

Room Tip: If you have dogs you definitely want a ground floor room backing up against the creek. It is beautif...
Mount Clemens, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Was here on a family trip, there were 10 of us total. Our rooms were not ready at the check in time even though they knew we were there waiting. When they finally got our rooms ready, my aunt walked in only to find the cleaning staff had left their bucket of supplies in there. When we told the front desk we were unhappy, we were offered ONE free drink at the bar for our troubles. Insulting. We had to walk out of the way to get to our rooms due to a few flights of stairs being closed for the construction. We tried to order room service one morning but kept getting a busy signal. I don't feel as though the staff went out of their way to accommodate us for the price we paid per night. The food in the restaurant was not that great, either. However, the pool area is beautiful and I could have stayed there all week! Also loved the bonfire pits and the free wine hour. Rooms were nice, but nothing above average. I think this hotel has a long way to go before it becomes the "resort" it promises to be.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I just stayed here for July 3rd to July 6th. We did not see/hear any construction going on so I think it was short lived. Staff is amazing. Grounds are well kept and very quiet. Ample pool and hot tub with central courtyard with chairs and water features. Drinks at the bar were great. Food (Breakfast and dinner) at hotel were awesome- even had live music every night we were there. Valet service is great, and included in your resort fee. There is a shuttle van which will bring you to town also, within 1 mile. The hotel is down a steep cliff so some people may find it challenging to walk up the hill so they provide free shuttle. The hotel smelled great, and was decorated like you would expect at a Kimpton hotel.

Room Tip: ask for second floor which has better views of the mountains.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Stayed here recently with some friends. The setting for the hotel is beautiful. Our room was large and the bed very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and most helpful. We enjoyed the free wine between 5 and 6 pm, a nice touch by the hotel. Although the entrance to the hotel is down a steep slope there is a free shuttle to take you anywhere within a mile. Because of the slope the hotel is secluded. Highly recommend.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Amara Resort & Spa, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!