We chose to stay here to see how it has been incorporated into the Kimpton family. The hotel is in the upper section of town, and has great views into the canyon. It also has the only saltwater swimming pool in Sedona. There is easy access to the main road and shops. The location is convenient other attractions and hiking trails.
Check-in was efficient, although I was not recognized as an Inner Circle member and the benefits were not explained to me, like in other Kimpton properties I had stayed in. The rooms are nicely designed and spacious. Bathroom amenities were CO Bigelow brand. The valets were very attentive and friendly. As with all Kimptons, the evening wine social hour was nice, as was the complementary morning coffee. The spa is also complementary to guests, and include a steam room, shower, and meditation area.
Pool service was lacking, however. After waiting over 10 minutes for the drink menu after asking the pool attendant for it, I ended up asking another guest to look at theirs. Likewise, one drink order took another 15 minutes to come out, and almost 45 minutes for the attendant to give me the check after asked for the bill.
Bell service was also a bit slow in my experience. I waited 20 minutes after requesting checkout bell service only to receive a phone call from the front desk confirming that I asked for help.
Again, this is a nice property with great amenities and location. I hope that the shortcomings I experienced during my stay were isolated incidences. I'd consider staying here again if I knew that the service is consistently good. I mentioned my experiences directly with the staff and they were very attentive and friendly in their reply.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four-Diamond Amara Resort Hotel & Spa is a modern sanctuary that offers the best of all worlds. Ideally located in the Uptown area of America's most neautiful place, Sedona, Arizona. Welcome to the Amara Resort and Spa. We invite you to sit back, relax and enjoy the many recent enhancements to our property. All guest rooms include luxurious bed linens, robes, in room safes and refrigerators, in addition to a balcony offering spectacular views of the Sedona red rocks or our gardens. Enjoy in room dining or the sounds of live music at Hundred Rox, our indoor/outdoor three meal a day restaurant. Treat yourself to a massage or hot stone treatment at The Spa or sit by our infinity pool and soak in the spirit of Sedona and the Amara Resort and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Jetsetter, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Amara Resort & Spa, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Sedona
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Amara Resort Sedona
- Amara Hotel Sedona
- Amara Sedona