We spent 4 great nights here, October 28th to November 1st.
Service: Wonderful. Staff from housecleaning to concierge were attentive, friendly, helpful and welcoming. Only a couple of small issues: we added an extra night, and front desk had to reactivate our keys--not a huge deal, but front desk young woman could have offered an apology with her explanation. Same young woman seemed less polished/professional when answering other questions. Also, nobody from valet to concierge could direct us to the best nachos in town, which were, by the way, at their own restaurant and bar. The nachos are ONLY on the bar menu, but you can order from main restaurant. Nachos are SHRIMP, big ones, avocado, and a very tasty mango sauce. THIS SECRET SHOULD BE OUT!
Rooms: First, somebody told my husband the jetted tubs were only available on the ground floor. NOT TRUE. We changed rooms after the first night; our room was on the ground floor and we could hear everything from upstairs...foot steps, doors and drawers opening and closing...you get the picture. Also, we were very near a fire pit and could hear the people laughing and talking outside. I used ear plugs and slept well, but asked to be moved. The next room was facing Oak Creek. VERY quiet and peaceful WITH a jetted tub. The peace and quiet lasted until a wedding party checked in next to us. Back to ear plugs. Not sure if the noise issues were just dumb luck or if the property could use better insulation between rooms, but be prepared. Not enough to lose sleep, just enough to need earplugs!
The rooms had plenty of closet and drawer space, felt very open with room to spread out, and had a great mini bar with things you may have forgotten at home (razor, toothbrush, plus sweets, juice, water, etc.) Internet is free if you are part of the rewards program. There is a business lobby where you can print off boarding passes if you don't have internet/smart phone.
Beds: SO comfy. As were linens (as well as towels..thick and plush as they should be!)
There is nothing over the top outstanding about the rooms, other than being well appointed and roomy. The location is prime, however, and couldn't be more convenient to shopping, eating, tours, hiking, and all there is to do in Sedona!
This a dog friendly hotel; if you mind the occasional bark or are allergic, this may not be the place for you. We enjoyed the occasional dog, and it didn't seem there were very many on premise.
BTW, it was too cold for the infinity pool, but the hot tub and pool overlook the red rocks and snoopy rock; the fall colors were delightful and sitting in the hot tub enjoying the stars after a long day of hiking was awesome.
Restaurant: Very good breakfast, and like I said, best Nachos in town!
Regarding Sedona: We didn't plan our hikes, etc, before we got there. If you find yourself in the same situation, do one of the jeep tours FIRST. The guides are great, and will direct you to appropriate hikes and areas of interest tailored to you. Also, what's Sedona without a psychic encounter? We had a couples reading with Banya. She was so spot on it was a little spooky. I would highly recommend her. (On main street Sedona, across from Pink Jeep tours).
I would recommend this hotel for the attentive service (no hassle with the room change, staff always willing to help with planning, etc.) and it's location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four-Diamond Amara Resort Hotel & Spa is a modern sanctuary that offers the best of all worlds. Ideally located in the Uptown area of America's most neautiful place, Sedona, Arizona. Welcome to the Amara Resort and Spa. We invite you to sit back, relax and enjoy the many recent enhancements to our property. All guest rooms include luxurious bed linens, robes, in room safes and refrigerators, in addition to a balcony offering spectacular views of the Sedona red rocks or our gardens. Enjoy in room dining or the sounds of live music at Hundred Rox, our indoor/outdoor three meal a day restaurant. Treat yourself to a massage or hot stone treatment at The Spa or sit by our infinity pool and soak in the spirit of Sedona and the Amara Resort and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Venere, Odigeo, Hotwire, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Amara Resort & Spa, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Sedona
- Amara Resort Sedona
- Amara Hotel Sedona
- Amara Sedona