“Excellent Location and Service in Serene Setting” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% off
Ranked #15 of 45 hotels in Sedona
Fairfax, VA
“Excellent Location and Service in Serene Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed three nights at Amara Resort in Sedona in October 2013. We checked in late at night and were relieved to have a quick, easy, and effortless check-in upon arrival.

Rooms: Rooms were clean and updated. The beds were very comfortable. Only complaint here is that it was an "upgrade" to get a room with a king bed instead of two queens. I haven't seen that before.

Service: The service was very good. The front desk helped us with information on hikes and the local area, even providing some hiking maps. The valets were nice, polite and prompt.The servers in the restaurant were the same. A shuttle was offered for free to take you anywhere within a couple miles of the hotel, which was very nice for dinners.

Restaurant: We only had breakfast there one day, but the service and the food were good. About on par with prices of other local places.

Location: The location was incredible. Right near Oak Creek, shopping in uptown, close to hiking trails, etc. Only downside is it is a little difficult to walk to uptown unless you're geared up for it - the resort is down a very steep hill - but I'm sure the shuttle service would take you to the top if you asked.

Other Info: Highly suggest hiking and getting off the beaten path. Sedona is gorgeous! Take the pink jeep tour. From Amara, walk down to Oak Creek (just beyond the pool), take a right and walk along the creek down to L'Auberge for breakfast. Have breakfast on the water with the ducks swimming by. Fabulous and such a short walk from Amara. Enjoy the happy hours in the evening with a complimentary glass of wine and Amara and live music 6 days a week.

Overall, we loved Sedona and greatly enjoyed our stay at Amara. We were there in what is likely a 'peak' season (October), but we did feel the hotel rates were a bit high (considering we stayed in a room with no view, queen beds, and a $20/day resort fee is tacked on). This is the main reason for giving four instead of five stars - the value. With that said, Amara has many excellent touches and qualities (valet parking, friendly service, recommendations, live music in the evenings, great location). We were very happy with our stay and would stay at Amara again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Our first time to sedona and amara. The hotel exceeded our expectations. The staff went out of their way to make sure all was well. The rooms were spacious, clean and the beds were like floating on clouds. The food was good,and the waitstaff efficient. Used the spa for a massage, I would highly recommend this to anyone, as soon As you walk in you feel relaxed and pampered. We liked the fact that the fitness room was open 24 hours. The staff knew good restaurants, and were able to make reservations if needed. They also knew of the best hiking areas and the less touristy
areas to go see. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The courtyard has the best views, but could be a little noisy until 10ish at night.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Each year I eagerly await the Kimpton annual sale, Since this is a great opportunity for InTouch members to take advantage of the lowest prices of the year. So first thing Thursday morning October 24th, I signed in to the Kimpton website to book a stay at their Amara resort. I found it odd that the InTouch member annual sale rate was almost $100 more than the AAA rate, so I called their toll free reservation phone number and spoke with Geraldine.She said that there had been an error in loading the rates and thanked me for notifying them. She informed me that she would need to contact the property to resolve the rate discrepancy but recommended that I book the room at the current rate while the room was still available. After my booking was completed I was informed that I would be notified once the rate was corrected. Two hours passed without a return phone call, so I decided to call again. No one answered the phone and the only option was to leave a message. I left a message and waited another 8 hour but still no return phone call? Time for call number 3. This time someone answered and I asked to speak with Geraldine.. Unfortunately, she was on the other line but the representative offered to help. Surprisingly, notes had not been entered into their system, so I had to explain the situation all over again. The second reservation employee also had no idea what happened but assured me that as soon as Geraldine was off the phone, one of them would call me back. 24 hours later and still no return phone call so I called again for a 4th time and guess who answered the phone? Geraldine! The issue is still not resolved and Geraldine does not have an explanation and is unable to assist any further. Let me be the first to say that this is not typical of the top notch level of service that Kimpton usually provides. If my issue is ever worked out and I actually visit Amara, I will submit a new review based on the property and staff.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Everything about the Amara in Sedona was great! We loved it all, the staff goes out of their way to make sure you are happy, taken care of, and any questions about the area. The bell staff even knew the best places to hike! The rooms were very, very clean, updated, and spacious. The infinity pool was very relaxing and fun. We will be back and would recommend to anyone visiting Sedona.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

we were traveling from LA to Tennessee and got to send a few days in beautiful Sedona... Amara was comfortable, friendly, and has every little luxury that one would need. Its set by the wonderful creek that I spent every morning walking down with the free coffee in the lobby. The pool is a perfect relaxing spot to read a book and take in views of Snoopy Rock. (dang rock looks just like snoopy laying down)

Workout room is great, and patio is a great spot for breakfast or a well made cocktail by a very friendly restaurant/bar staff.

Room Tip: pretty hard to find a good hack here... all rooms are decent but I would try to get a room facing th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Friendly, relaxed atmosphere combined with beautiful, spacious rooms, many of which look out on the red rocks. We enjoyed the nightly wine bar, and took ours outside to the fire pits with a view of the red rocks. They offer complimentary yoga class every morning, as well as a steam room. Just a short walk to restaurants and shops. Truly a highlight of our trip.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the courtyard or creek.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
North Bergen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My sister and I wanted to see the Grand Canyon which was unfortunately closed because if the Government Shutdown, but we were very pleased with our stay at the hotel. It was close to downtown Sedona and within walking distance. The surroundings of this hotel was just beautiful, a creek in the back of the hotel and a gorgeous view of the mountains. Since we were unable to go on a tour to the Grand Canyon, we just walked around everywhere and we did not regret it. We only stayed a couple of nights, but we thought that our room was very comfortable and very large (2 queen beds), the service was excellent and the people working there were very helpful and very friendly. We stayed for breakfast at the hotel and all was delicious. I must recommend the bagel, cream cheese and logs. It was just so, so good! They also had happy hour and it was just relaxing to sit in the lobby and have a glass of wine. I really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Amara Resort & Spa, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!