We stayed three nights at Amara Resort in Sedona in October 2013. We checked in late at night and were relieved to have a quick, easy, and effortless check-in upon arrival.
Rooms: Rooms were clean and updated. The beds were very comfortable. Only complaint here is that it was an "upgrade" to get a room with a king bed instead of two queens. I haven't seen that before.
Service: The service was very good. The front desk helped us with information on hikes and the local area, even providing some hiking maps. The valets were nice, polite and prompt.The servers in the restaurant were the same. A shuttle was offered for free to take you anywhere within a couple miles of the hotel, which was very nice for dinners.
Restaurant: We only had breakfast there one day, but the service and the food were good. About on par with prices of other local places.
Location: The location was incredible. Right near Oak Creek, shopping in uptown, close to hiking trails, etc. Only downside is it is a little difficult to walk to uptown unless you're geared up for it - the resort is down a very steep hill - but I'm sure the shuttle service would take you to the top if you asked.
Other Info: Highly suggest hiking and getting off the beaten path. Sedona is gorgeous! Take the pink jeep tour. From Amara, walk down to Oak Creek (just beyond the pool), take a right and walk along the creek down to L'Auberge for breakfast. Have breakfast on the water with the ducks swimming by. Fabulous and such a short walk from Amara. Enjoy the happy hours in the evening with a complimentary glass of wine and Amara and live music 6 days a week.
Overall, we loved Sedona and greatly enjoyed our stay at Amara. We were there in what is likely a 'peak' season (October), but we did feel the hotel rates were a bit high (considering we stayed in a room with no view, queen beds, and a $20/day resort fee is tacked on). This is the main reason for giving four instead of five stars - the value. With that said, Amara has many excellent touches and qualities (valet parking, friendly service, recommendations, live music in the evenings, great location). We were very happy with our stay and would stay at Amara again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four-Diamond Amara Resort Hotel & Spa is a modern sanctuary that offers the best of all worlds. Ideally located in the Uptown area of America's most neautiful place, Sedona, Arizona. Welcome to the Amara Resort and Spa. We invite you to sit back, relax and enjoy the many recent enhancements to our property. All guest rooms include luxurious bed linens, robes, in room safes and refrigerators, in addition to a balcony offering spectacular views of the Sedona red rocks or our gardens. Enjoy in room dining or the sounds of live music at Hundred Rox, our indoor/outdoor three meal a day restaurant. Treat yourself to a massage or hot stone treatment at The Spa or sit by our infinity pool and soak in the spirit of Sedona and the Amara Resort and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Amara Resort & Spa, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Sedona
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Amara Resort Sedona
- Amara Hotel Sedona
- Amara Sedona