My wife and I stayed here on two occasions, the last in October, 2012. The first time, we encountered a few irritants (bath/shower hardware, broken chain on door supplemental door lock, room service trays left in hall most of the day) but the rest of the stay was so nice that we were happy to return.
On the second visit, we were accommodated in a creekside room and I must say, ask if one is available. The rooms have a veranda overlooking Oak Creek and the large trees provide a canopy under which it is so relaxing to just sit on a rock and watch the fish swim by. Thick, firm mattresses promote sleep, only to have undersized sheets pull out from the sides, top and bottom.
The Amara folks were extremely gracious, from check-in, to restaurant to valet parking. They also have a vehicle to take you to various sites in Sedona as well as pick you up later. You are close to pretty much everything but I admit, if you're going on a walking tour, the climb out of the property to the main drag is pretty steep but good exercise.
The on-site restaurant is excellent and I enjoyed a new way to eat ribs. They are presented in an uncut rack, circled on your plate, with mashed potatoes on top and veggies on the side. I enjoyed them so much that I had them for dinner each time. Prices are moderately expensive.
There is also a beautiful negative edge pool, lounging area and gas fire pits. Again, very relaxing. My wife said the massage was heavenly! We would have no qualms about staying here the next time we visit Sedona.
- Also Known As:
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Sedona
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant Hotel
- Amara Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Amara Resort Sedona
- Amara Hotel Sedona
- Amara Sedona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four-Diamond Amara Resort Hotel & Spa is a modern sanctuary that offers the best of all worlds. Ideally located in the Uptown area of America's most neautiful place, Sedona, Arizona. Welcome to the Amara Resort and Spa. We invite you to sit back, relax and enjoy the many recent enhancements to our property. All guest rooms include luxurious bed linens, robes, in room safes and refrigerators, in addition to a balcony offering spectacular views of the Sedona red rocks or our gardens. Enjoy in room dining or the sounds of live music at Hundred Rox, our indoor/outdoor three meal a day restaurant. Treat yourself to a massage or hot stone treatment at The Spa or sit by our infinity pool and soak in the spirit of Sedona and the Amara Resort and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Amara Resort & Spa, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.