“Luxury Condos in Gorgeous Town” 4 of 5 stars

Hyatt Pinon Pointe
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 North Highway 89a, Sedona, AZ 86336   |
Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
“Luxury Condos in Gorgeous Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Sedona is beautiful and these condos are walking distance to down town. These adobe units are very high end and elegantly furnished. Our two BR unit had 1.5 kitchens and a fireplace. I was a bit disappointed in the location of the condo we were assigned to, with no view and a neighboring property undergoing noisy renovations all day (even Easter Sunday until 9:00PM). That said, if we had been in a different unit the Hyatt could have beautiful views in most directions. We just weren't able to see them unless we went into our childrens' room and hung out on their balcony. I didn't get the sense that complaining and requesting a move would have been fruitful, so we took over the second bedroom terrace. Window are too small to look out of due to architecture. The pool area was gorgeous with a view to die for. Unfortunately, the pool was full of young children needing constant reprimands from their parents to keep them from yelling and splashing. Can't blame the hotel for that, but I found myself feeling glad that my kids are older now and wishing for nap time. It was a spectacular spot to relax with a cocktail after 5:30 and watch the sun set. It is a timeshare and we did run into one person who tried to pitch it, but we were able to evade and enjoy without the pitch.

Room Tip: Anywhere but along the far western side. I would have liked to benear the pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

I was at the resort for 2 nights on business. The 2nd night I came late (11pm) to my room from work and I could not get in as my key was not operational. Having this issue, I drive up to the front desk and I learn that front desk is closed. There was a number for security on the door so I call that, but he tells me that he is at break and will take 20 min to get to me. The next day I get up and find the housekeeper knocking on my door at 7.30 in the morning for cleaning and waking me up. I felt that they assumed I was not staying in the room and hence the key card not working and housekeeper thinking no body is in the room and coming that early in the day. I really think Hyatt needs to improve their standards on this. Y

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bakersfield, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is not a hotel. It has no where the service you would get paying this price at a hotel. This is a time share or some thing for Hyatt. The front desk is open 7am -11pm. If you need anything out those hours gruff the security guard isn't that helpful. There is ZERO room service. There is no Valet. The maid didn't come until after I called twice and she finally made it at 230. Then she did come she ONLY made the bed and put fresh towels. The iron and ironing board she didnt put up. I Bring my own pillows they were thrown on the floor. The concierge I called at 4 looking for places to eat she took an hour to call back. The positives are comfortable bed and great location. I will not be back to this hotel.

Stayed April 2014
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My family of four (myself, my husband, and my 10 and 8 yos really enhoyed our stay at this hotel (which is really, I believe, a collection of individually owned condo-type units.) Our unit was underground, and the only complaint I have is that even with the flashlights they gave us at check-in, I was worried that my clumsy 8 yo would fall at night on the dark stairwell leading to our one-bedroom unit. Apparently Sedona has regulations whipch limit certain types of lighting at night.

Besides this minor issue, I thought the unit was attractively furnished and clean. The location (within walking distance to the Shoppes at Pinon Pointe which includes a Starbucks, Wildflower restaurant and Cold Stone Creamery) was great, with many decent restaurants nearby.

The customer service was outstanding. Staff at the front desk and at the activity center were very friendly and eager to help. The pool was heated enough to be enjoyed by the kids even in the chilly March evenings.

When researching Sedona lodging options I narrowed it down to the Enchantment resort (too expensive) and here, and am glad we made this choice. The large table and small kitchenette turned out to be convenient, and the family trip was all about enjoying the beautiful scenery and hikes, and we didn't spend too much time in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I had a weekend stay at the Hyatt Pinon Pointe in Sedona. This is a really nice property with a really good location.

The property has tennis courts, swimming pool, jacuzzi tubs, fitness center, table tennis, and (at least) 2 public BBQ/Grilling areas. You can reserve the BBQ/Grill for 1 hour per room per day. We had a several couples in our group and had a great BBQ the area next to the pool.

The rooms themselves are very nice as well with high end utensils and cookware. If you get a 1-bedroom, it comes with a full kitchen, washer/dryer, jacuzzi tub, living room area with fireplace, outdoor patio. The Studio room is also nice(we had a mix of 1-bd and studio rooms in our group), but I would recommend spending the extra money to get the 1-bedroom, since you get so much more value out of it.

The staff was courteous and responsive. They went above and beyond to resolve any issues. I highly recommend this property and will stay here again for my next trip to Sedona!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed for just one night but we loved it. The mini apartment had a very nice and elegant feel and it was spacious enough for a family with three kids.

We enjoyed the pool and the kids center. Only slight negative was that the staff did not seem very knowledgeable of walks around Sedona.

Overall One of the best places we stayed in a while.

Stayed April 2014
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Enjoy your stay - just do not expect to be treated like a guest in a "real" resort, this is a timeshare property (although we booked our stay independently) and the attitude of the staff from check in (impatient and a bit rude), to the pool attendant (non interested in assisting you), to the grounds attendant (what he is doing is priority over your business) demonstrates a lack of customer service or concern for your stay. I stay in a lot of nice places across the country and I am no snob (don't need to be waited on) but please don't be rude to me and treat me like an inconvenience when I am staying at your hotel! I was so pleasantly surprised last night when the pool/game room attendant was friendly and courteous and acted like we were guest! Skip your "welcome package" from the concierge, it is nothing more than a heavily repeated attempt to get you to attend a Timeshare presentation and no helpful information outside of that - zero. The location is awesome and the rooms are fantastic. We are in a 2 room condo. The shops at pinion pointe are right next store and offer food choices, shopping and even ice cream all in a beautiful setting. Like I said, I don't need special treatment but you would be surprised at how being consistently treated poorly by the staff can put a bit of a damper on your stay. I booked this place for my whole family
(several rooms). I will try another resort in town next time, I feel responsible for my whole extended family being treated poorly.

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Hyatt Pinon Pointe? Share your experiences!