“Very Nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
California
“Very Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

First, this is not a hotel but a timeshare project that rents/exchanges rooms with members and the public.
That being said, the facilities are great. Super pool and deck, excercise room, and activity center. Very convenient to shopping, restaurants, and attractions.
We were in a one bedroom that was very roomy and comfortable. Jetted tub and seperate shower. Didn't have a problem with noise except when our neighbors came and went; front doors were close.

Request a top floor unit with a view which is what we did and received. Many units look into the walls of other units. Also, no elevators but only 2 stories.

Nice staff, very enthusiastic. The only down side is they want to sell you a timeshare. We were not interested despite free come-ons, but made an appointment for a 1 hour "owner's update"(we own elsewhere) just to be done. Then cancelled the appointment and, after one somewhat pleading phone call from the salesperson, they left us alone.

Dining: Cafe Elote, interesting Southwest dining; Excellent food across the board; no reservations so get there early (4:20 for a 5:00 opening we were probably 40th in line but got in on the first wave) otherwise long wait.
Dahl & Di Luca - fine Italian dining.
Heartline - did not try but heard many good things.

Room Tip: Request upper floor and mountain view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Marana, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I and a friend just completed a week at the Hyatt.

It's location really can't be beat in Sedona. It's at what the locals call the "Y"--where 179 and 89A meet in downtown Sedona. There are exceptional views from many of the units, but certainly not all. We were fortunate enough to have a unit which did have those exceptional views. The unit we had was a master and a lockoff. Both were spacious and comfortable and tastefully decorated in what you might think of as a Western ranch style. The lockoff has its own relatively small patio and chairs, the master has a much larger one. In our case, the lockoff did not have much of a view, but the master had an outstanding view.

There were, however, a few things we found disappointing. Because there are a number of stores/restaurants/art galleries in the commercial space on the property, parking can sometimes be a bit of a challenge, especially during "store hours." We were very surprised that our unit's kitchen did not have a disposal (even though if you do call the front desk and leave your trash outside your door, they will come and pick it up). But space was scrimped on in the kitchen area. The plastic trash container was small and somewhat cramped under the sink and there was, for all practical purposes no storage for grocery items (just two small drawers near the dishwasher), so we ended up using the fairly sizable kitchen counter as the place to put our grocery items. Three more drawbacks. My wife likes to have grab bars in showers. Our shower didn't have any. The clock in the bedroom was pretty much useless because you couldn't read its digital numbers under just about any condition. Finally, it was very difficult to access the electrical outlets near the bed in the master bedroom. They were placed at the head of the bed and in the middle. In order to get access to them I had to slide the bed itself away from the wall and then use an extension cord (we always bring extension cords with us) in order to plug in two medical devices that my wife and I use each night. Many hotels get around this sort of problem by having electrical outlets in the base of their lamps on the bedside tables. The Hyatt, alas, makes it challenging to do what needed to be done.

Except for the lack of a stove and having only a relatively small refrigerator, the lockoff overall was quite good.

The staff was welcoming and very helpful throughout.

If we have a chance, we'd definitely try to book into the Hyatt again.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor rooms facing out toward the best views. Ours looked out toward the east, but m...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our expectaions when arrive to Hyatt Pinon Pointe were extremelly high.
Staff was very helpful and welcomes friendly, you feel like home after 30 seconds.
Room/apartment better than expected in all ways (bigger, cleaner, better equiped etc).
We had a one bedroom apartment, stayed with two kids.
Official photos of the hotel don't give it justice, everything is better than you could see on the picuters.
Pool area are very relaxing with adorable views.
There's no restuarant at the property but apartments have fully equipped kitchens and there's some good restaurants a short walk from hotel.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a calmed down, relaxing holiday.
Hotel is great, Sedona is a fantastic place and yes, We will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This Hyatt Residence location is the absolute worst. The walls are as thin as paper we can hear everything going on in the above unit, late into the night or early in the morning. Beds are not the usual Hyatt quality. On Sunday the young man in the activity center was too preoccupied with the Arizona football game to attend to our needs. Definitely not worth the money. We had a four night reservation here. Our money was not refundable but we decided to "double pay" and left one night to get a decent night sleep. We checked into the Best Western. What a difference! Comfortable beds! Quiet room! Better quality. The staff at the Hyatt is lees than friendly and has little concern regarding their guests comfort. At best they give you face time. I had a small bag of purchases left out and the desk in my room and housekeeping "threw them away." I did not get the Hyatt quality here that I am used to at their other Residence Club Resorts. Very disappointing. Will not return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Newton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Very nice location and convenient to many of the attractions in and around Sedona. If you’re looking for a “hotel” experience you’re not going to get it here. It’s a residence club and with the exception of housekeeping, you’re pretty much on your own. I had reserved a studio which was more than enough room for me. There was a living area with a small kitchen (no stove), a sleeping area (king sized bed), a large bathroom, and a nice deck to relax on. I was in an upper unit so sitting out on the deck was nice, but if you get a lower unit you may feel like you’re in a dungeon (just sayin’). The room did appear to be a little worn (i.e. the dust ruffle around the bed was torn in a few spots), but it was clean and the kitchen had more than enough supplies.

When I arrived to my unit the cleaning people had forgotten to pick up the garbage they left outside my doorway which was a bit of a drag, but mistakes happen. For the most part I’d say it was relatively quiet, but the people in the adjoining unit were rather loud each and every time they went out of their room. It seemed like my whole room shook each time they shut their front door. At least I couldn’t hear their TV or them talking while they were in their unit. While it seemed like every parking spot was taken all around the property, I can honestly say you wouldn’t know anyone else was staying in the other condos (with the exception of my door slamming neighbors).

The pool area/hot tubs were nice, but the weather that weekend was a little on the chilly side and windy so there weren’t many people around there either. I did partake in the hot tub one day at sunset and it was super relaxing, not to mention the surroundings were too shabby either.

I enjoyed my stay, but I’m just not sure the $208/night fee was worth it to me. I sort of prefer a bit more of a hotel experience in terms of having an onsite bar/restaurant and seeing other hotel guests.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Ft. Lauderdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The location of the Hyatt is second to none and my overall assessment is favorable.

The problem was that I had reserved a "studio" unit which is essentially a bedroom with a microwave and mini-fridge. That was enough for my wife and myself but unlike other units that I have stayed at over the years which are a "lockout", in addition to its own dedicated entrance this unit had a door in common to the other part of the unit and that door did not afford us any privacy at all. As opposed to other lockouts that I've stayed at over the years, which typically have a door leading to an alcove between the two units or a heavy steel door in common to the living area of the larger unit, this one has a thin door with about a two inch gap at the bottom that lead into the foyer of the other unit. This meant that we heard the comings and goings of the people in the other part of the unit as well as all of their conversations. On Saturday their college football cheering came in loud and clear. I placed a towel at the bottom of the door in an attempt to muffle the sound but it did little good.

My report is not all bad, the bathroom was very spacious and well appointed and the grounds are quite nice. The units proximity to the shopping area next door was extremely convenient and we had a very nice breakfast at Wildflower.

We had not experienced any requests for a sales tour during our stay other than upon check-in.

I paid quite a bit for the nightly rate and for that tidy sum I expected a very peaceful stay.

Ironically our next stop after Sedona was Marriott's Desert Ridge in Scottsdale. At that location we also reserved a similar unit and it was just as I expected, including a steel door between the main unit and our bedroom and I didn't hear as much as a peep from the other guests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I am a Hyatt Vacation club owner and traded my Bonita Springs time for this property. I understand that you can rent there as well. The property was well taken care of and rooms where clean, staff very accommodating with any needs and local attractions and activities! The hot tub, pool area was nice (a bit cool for swimming- but hot tub was lovely). They also had a fire pit ...to keep warm as you star gazed!
Weather was suburb for us to hike every day. When on a Pink Jeep Tour -rim tour, not to be missed!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Pinon Pointe? Share your experiences!