+ Good location - easy access to Sedona, Cottonwood, Jerome, Grand Canyon, and other areas in Northern Arizona
+ Clean and safe
+ Very friendly staff
+ Separate parking area provided next to each unit
+ All units are separate and have their own deck
+ Fully equipped kitchens - Safeway is nearby and you can definitely prepare breakfasts in your unit to save time and money.
+ Concierge is very helpful for booking trips and tours before or after arrival
+ Fitness center, laundry, pool, hot tubs, and play areas are available, but we did not use any of them.
- Units are relatively small. I jokingly called the unit we were in our FEMA trailer. Living/dining area are fine, but bedroom and bathroom are small. There is approximately 18 inches of space between each side and the foot of the queen sized bed and the walls/cabinets. Two people have to negotiate with each other to access the bedroom and bathroom. I cannot imagine what the situation would be like with four people.
- The on-site restaurant/bar is only open until 8pm, and is completely closed on Monday.
Activities Worth Doing
+ Hot air balloon ride
+ Verde Canyon train (VIP class)
+ Wine tasting at local wineries on Page Springs Road and tasting rooms in Cottonwood and Jerome
+ Out of Africa wild animal park
+ Drive to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. The resort has written driving/tour directions that are mostly correct. They'll be 100% correct if they incorporate the changes I provided to them.
Activities Not Worth Doing
- Prescott - Nothing there but boutiques, antique stores, and consignment shops. Whisky Row is built up to be much more than what it actually is. The very long drive was not worth it.
- Uptown Sedona - Very touristy. There are a couple of good restaurants though.
- Timeshare presentation - Notice that the only bad reviews for Sedona Pines are from people that attended the "RCI update" (aka time share presentation). We avoided it. It's not worth giving up the greater part of a day of your vacation to get free or discounted trips, and these things are never only 90 minutes in length.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We take our reputation very seriously and strive to ensure our customers are satisfied. We evaluate and respond to every written complaint that we receive. Unfortunately, it is impossible to police the internet for every inaccurate, incomplete, or unfair comment about Sedona Pines. For example, the Better Business Bureau of Central, Northern, and Western Arizona (“BBB”) publishes an “F” rating for Sedona Pines. However, Sedona Pines is not a member of the BBB. The BBB bases its ratings on its own criteria, which may not include accurate information about the companies it is “rating.” Sedona Pines has tried to work with the BBB to ensure it has accurate information, but the BBB has resisted our efforts. Sedona Pines provided the following information to the BBB. We come in contact with 64,000 consumers per year and according to the BBB, Sedona Pines had 39 complaints over the past three years. This is an average of one complaint for every 4,923 consumer we come in contact with, or a .0002% complaint percentage. We do not understand how a 99+% consumer satisfaction rating can result in an “F” BBB rating. This satisfaction rating does not even take into account the merits of the 39 complaints, how, they were resolved, or whether the consumer was ultimately satisfied. There are other resorts with a much larger number of complaints with the BBB that receive an “A+” rating. Perhaps their rating has something to do with their membership in the BBB? Other branches of the Better Business Bureau have run onto trouble for their conduct. Please consider this information before drawing conclusions about Sedona Pines based on the BBB’s rating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Sedona Pines Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sedona Pines Hotel Sedona