“A secret paradise idyll in the woods” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Forest Houses Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sedona
Forest Houses Resort
You added Forest Houses Resort to your Saves list
9275 N. Hwy. 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336   |
Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Sao Paulo, SP
“A secret paradise idyll in the woods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We spent a week in the chalet house and were blown away by the experience. The creek, the little path into the woods, the grounds themselves are soothing to walk and wade in. The houses are all built so as to cause the minimum disturbance possible toward the natural environs, thereby preserving the eco-friendly character of the place. Nothing here is cookie cutter, each house is unique and clearly built with care and thoughtfulness. My family plans to come back here very soon!

Room Tip: The houses are built in such a way that no matter where they are located on the grounds (even if it...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed in the Bridge House with our two dogs, Buddy and Mac. The staff was great, and Bob was especially helpful. I am a very heavy sleeper, and my husband locked himself out at 1:00 in the morning after trying to get one of our dogs, who is a particular pottier, to relieve himself. It was snowing, and Bob got up and dressed to get my husband an extra key. Bob was gracious and very easy to get along with. There was a stockpile of wood ready for the fireplace, and the cabin was warm and cozy. There are two types of travelers, those who bring all the necessities, and those who want room service. This isn't a place for room service, but if you are looking for solitude and a chance to unplug and reconnect with family - I would highly recommend the Forest Houses. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I’m not sure why this place doesn’t have more reviews but my guess is that persons staying here don’t want to let folks in on their little secret. This is a really nice place!

If you’re tied to your cell phone, have to have Internet capability 24/7 and TV then look elsewhere. If not and you value a clean, comfortable cabin in a serene setting then look no further.

It is very clear that the owner takes great pride in this property.

This is not roughing it. Our cabin (Bridge House) was well equipped with all the necessary cookware, Bar-B-Que grill, and cooking utensils. Outside there’s a table, chairs and chaise lounge on the front porch overlooking beautiful Oak Creek just a few feet away.
Our bathroom was a little small but we adapted.

The property is located about 7 miles north of Sedona on Highway 89A.

We stayed with our pet.

I’d definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The “resort” was a little smaller than I anticipated. It’s a wooded area. However, the houses are fairly close to each other and the road/driveway is narrow. I guess maybe I just expected more privacy/seclusion. We barely ran into any other guests at all and it was quiet. The guy at check-in (Tom) was friendly and loaned me a flashlight when I mentioned I didn’t bring one. We stayed in the cozy Tree House for 2 nights. The furniture was different than what was pictured on the website. Instead of a small wood frame sofa and chair there were two huge chairs. Slightly less spacious than it appeared in the picture (due to the huge chairs) but still fine for two people. The furnishings/décor was somewhat random and mismatched but the place was exceptionally clean and all kitchen items were in good condition and well organized. The back balcony needed some maintenance as the unfinished plywood floor needed fixing/replacement. Unfortunately, there wasn’t a binder in the cabin with any instructions but I washed, dried and put away the dishes which (I found out later at check-out) was expected. However, the check-out person mentioned that they rewash everything anyway after each guest. The bathroom was older but the tub tile was handmade and really cool. Not to mention, the bathroom was very clean. I didn’t use the woodstove but there was free wood nearby.

We could see and hear the cars on the highway from The Tree House which was kind of a bummer. You could almost see the creek from the house’s balcony but there appeared to be a tree/weed in the way.(We also had a view of the garden plot for a neighboring cabin (Rock House) but it seemed like it was weeds. There were areas around the property that were nicely planted/landscaped, however. There also appeared to be a nice green lawn for lawn games. We walked over to the creek and took a dip which was nice. There were lots of games and puzzles in the office that you could borrow. There was a restaurant binder in the office but we found it was a bit overstuffed and outdated.

Note the website gives a 21 day cancellation policy but the confirmation letter says 30 days.

Overall, this was a reasonably priced, basic but very clean cabin in quiet surroundings. This review is based on one 2-night stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stay here twice a year to rejuvenate, relax, and get in touch with nature. This resort is a treasure. No cell phone reception, no smart meters, no WiFi, no electronic smog. The pine trees are real and not camouflaged cell towers.
We love the creek, love the cabins (we've stayed in many different ones over the years), love the meadow and hiking trails, love Bob (the owner) and the entire staff. Of course, being just a few miles from Sedona is just the icing on the cake.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Red Oak TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We so enjoyed our stay in the Creek house. It was beautiful and the porch was so relaxing. The house was great the resort was great and Bob was wonderful. We will be going back next year. We were there in March a few days after the snow and the waterfalls were a sight to see. I just love Sedona. One day I hope to bring my 2 daughters here for a girls weekend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

We came to Sedona for a romantic get-away. Lots of choices of where to stay. The place is quiet, simple, and clean. The area is beautiful and quiet. Most importantly, the hospitality is second to none anywhere in the world. We arrived late to find a note on the door welcoming us, the cabin had been warmed up, the lights were on, there was firewood ready for a fire, and the note said "sometime tomorrow just drop by the office and we'll finish the check-in process". The next morning we met Bob, who knew us by name, and was a friendly grandfatherly-like man; he treated us like we were family. It snowed while we were there, and there was Bob that morning in his back-hoe clearing our driveway. Our last day we wanted to get in a helicopter ride but thought we had to check out at 11. Bob said, "no problem, we don't need the cabin vacated till later today anyway" and he let us stay until 4! All the firewood, kindling, newspaper, charcoal, games, linens we could want. We stayed in the most rustic "Bridge" cabin, and it was perfect! No cell service, and this was a very pleasant inconvenience (forced me to focus on what was important and unplug). You can find luxury anywhere. But old-fashioned hospitality is a rare find. I can't imagine a more perfect place to stay and a more perfect setting.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Forest Houses Resort? Share your experiences!