“Good selection of merchandise” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 38 Attractions in Sedona
Type: Specialty Shops, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: New Age superstore featuring psychic readings, aura photos, astrology, tarot and spiritual tours. We carry jewelry, crystals, books, CDs & DVDs, decorative spiritual items for your home.
Las Vegas, Nevada
65 attraction reviews
“Good selection of merchandise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a nice shop located on Hwy 179. The store had a wide variety of merchandise. I managed to find the kind of candles that I was looking for. While I was there a saleslady asked if I wanted a psychic reading. There were a wide variety of psychics available; however, I thought most of them were a bit overpriced.

Visited April 2013

Las Vegas, Nevada
8 attraction reviews
“Not impressed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We went to the Center for the New age after dinner one night and decided to try Reiki. I have many health problems and thought I would try it. We were told the cost would be certain amount for a half hour. We ended up being there for an hour and a half because the guy kept going on and on. He kept focusing on my husband (which I think was to keep us there longer) and all he did was suggest I eat better. I already eat well and what he suggested was unrealistic for a person who travels often. We spent way more than we anticipated and got nothing of value for our time. He didn't even do Reiki. I also bought a bracelet that disappeared after wearing it only a few times. Either it fell off because it had a poor clasp or the universe was trying to tell me something about this place.

Visited November 2012
CenterfortheNewAge, Owner at Center for the New Age, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Sorry to hear that you did not benefit from your reading at our Center, Reiki is not magic. It merely changes energy patterns in the body. It does require certain lifestyle changes to be effective. We really do believe you are what you eat and that most health issues are caused by improper diet. I myself ten years ago weighed 360 lbs. and had a lot of health problems. I made a complete change in my lifestyle. I now weigh 140lbs and am in perfect health. I'm sure your problem is not as severe as mine; however you should consider reading some books on health and nutrition. The reader you’re referring to also changed his life through diet and herbs. Also look in your car for the bracelet you lost. I will be glad to offer you a free Reiki treatment, either over the phone or the next time you are in town. Ask for Anita. 928-282-2085
Sedona, Arizona
33 attraction reviews
“It's a Museum”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Meaning don't buy anything there. Everything is overprice. I am a healer/shaman/psychic myself and everything is expensive including the rent for a room there. Ridiculous.

Visited March 2013
CenterfortheNewAge, Owner at Center for the New Age, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We are extremely picky about the consciousness of applicants at our Center. This comment is from someone who applied for employment as a psychic reader and was denied. Expensive to one person is a bargin to someone with higher money consciousness.. Its all revelant
West Chester, Ohio
“Melinda Leslie is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Melinda Leslie gave me a reading on January 18, 2013. At the end, I asked about my Mom who was 94 and in a nursing home in Iowa. She said that Mom was ready to die but that she was afraid. Melinda said I was the only one in my family who could talk to her about the dying process and that I should go visit her soon. (I had planned on going in May but Melinda said it should be sooner.) The next day while driving through the desert, I "rehearsed" many times in my head what I would say to Mom when I saw her. The following day, Sunday, January 20, 2013, I was in T or C, NM and around 11 am I noticed a lot of agitation in my solar plexus and heart area. Immediately I again began talking to Mom in my head, telling her over and over to "go to the light." My phone buzzer was off but when I checked it, I had received a call from my brother, and then I knew for sure she had passed. The nursing home told my brother that Mom had taken a nap after her usual breakfast in the dining room and that she had passed peacefully in her sleep. I believe that I was meant to talk to Melinda Leslie that Friday and that without her suggestions to me, my Mom may not have passed as peacefully as she seems to have done. Thanks so much Melinda!!

Anita Phillips, West Chester, OH

Visited January 2013
Buffalo, New York
19 attraction reviews
“Part of the Sedona charm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Tons of resources (books, videos, etc) for the open minded and curious. Can get a psychic reading after flipping through a book with a bio on each person. I did not feel drawn to anyone that was available and the host seemed very distracted, like he was taking orders at McDonalds so we left.

Visited February 2013