“Great View, Great Value in heart of Sedona !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sedona Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sedona
Sedona Motel
You added Sedona Motel to your Saves list
218 Highway 179, Sedona, AZ 86336   |
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Sedona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baton Rouge, LA
“Great View, Great Value in heart of Sedona !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I booked this hotel based on the reviews in TripAdvisor. for $90/nite in the middle of town, the price was way right ... I had already planned to manage my expectations. Well, not to worry ... they were easily exceeded. We were two couples trailering Harleys. I booked KING rooms; they had obviously been updated. Carpet, bathrooms and art work was good. Included microwave, fridge, hairdryer, safe and nice dressing area.

The location is amazing ! Across the street from Tlaquapaque Centre; restaurants and lounge, liquor store. The "Y" is a block away. the patio setting is great ... view of Snoopy Rock from the room. Owners Bill & Win were great hosts ... accomodating, helpful, great suggestions on restaurants, activities, etc. We stayed 4 nights and plan to use this motel again!

Room Tip: Did not see the poorly reviewed "suite" ... ask for one of the REMODELED rooms. If you ne...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stayed at the Sedona Motel the first night of a two week trip. It was clean, quiet and has beautiful views from the patio at the end of the building. The owners were very friendly and helpful. We decided to stay there again at the end of our two week adventure. My wife had wanted a bison burger the whole time we were out there and the owners told us of three places. We ended up at Cowboy's Country Club, great meal and service by Nate. The motel is not super fancy, but a great place for a decent price. I sould stay there again in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This is a family or individually owned place. Everything is taken care of well. Clean rooms, good value. Good service. I definitely would recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Perfect Location! Right in the middle of all the attractions you would want to see!
Bill is so nice and loaned me books on the area while I stayed. Bill & Don were so helpful and wonderful. The room was clean, comfy and had a mini fridge, blow dryer and microwave.
The pictures posted on trip advisor did not look like my room, they may have updated the rooms since some of those photos. My room was in perfect condition. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We just got back from staying at the Sedona Motel for 2 nights. The location was close to everything and our room was very clean and spacious. Don the innkeeper was so helpful in providing directions and great places to eat plus giving us discount coupons! The Barbeque place 2 doors from Sedona Motel has great food. From the patio you can see Snoopy Rock. It was peaceful and the great value allowed us to do other things in this beautiful but expensive town.
Would definately return!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Toledo, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I checked in for a two nights stay. We were looking forward to staying at this quaint motel. The man at the front desk was nice and helpful and recommended things to do in the area. When I had called to book the room, the only place left in the motel, was a "suite." The price seemed right and the picture provided by the owner gave me no reason to believe there would be a problem. This was by far the worst motel I have ever stayed in anywhere. The carpet was worn out and filthy. There were mystery stains on the wall, the couch was trashed, there was wall paper missing off of sections of the walls and we could hear our neighbors. In addition the bathroom was terribly outdated and the windows were old and the molding was completely worn out.
When I spoke to the man at the front desk and complained about the carpet he said' "oh yeah, we're going to replace it soon." Ok? So what does that do for me now. I asked if there were any other rooms available, he said no.
The 2nd night the temperature outside dropped and we tried using the furnace. When I complained that the thermostat didn't work, he proceeded to tell me how to work the thermostat. I live in the North, I am not oblivious to how the heat works. Bottom line, the heat did not work. The view of the area was nice and it was convenient to shops and places to eat. We were not offered a discount/refund and there were no apologies made for the condition of the room. I am not sure what pictures we were looking at. Obviously, the reviews were made on different rooms and as I said, we were in a "suite."
I have never been more disappointed in a motel and it was by far the worst place we have ever stayed. I wish I would have done my research better, but given the reviews we thought we found a diamond in the rough. No, this place was just rough.

Room Tip: Pick any room other than the one we stayed in.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Carthage, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Great location-close to restaurants, shopping, and activities with an amazing view of the red rocks. Close to the road but never had a problem with noise. Interior nice but not fancy, very clean. Had all the amenities we needed. Check-in was easy and they had lots of information about the area as well as suggestions for restaurants and activities. We will definitely stay here next time we are in Sedona!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sedona Motel? Share your experiences!