“It's a hike” 5 of 5 stars

Aurora, Illinois
12 attraction reviews
“It's a hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is not a long hike but a treacherous one. Not hard just have to be careful. The views are so wonderful. Great place on top to stop and just relax and get some peace.

Rochester, New York
29 attraction reviews
“Excellent, recommended by local people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

A local forest guide recommended Doe mountain as one of his favorites.he said that as long as you are reasonably healthy, it would be a good hike, not necessarily easy but doable. The trails are switchbacks and the higher I got, the more scared I got. I admit that I'm not good with heights, but thought I could do this. I quit about 3/4 of the way up..honestly I was very scared. Another lady ahead of us also quit and turned around. But many people passed me and seemed to have no problem. So I would suggest this one as long as you have no height issues. If you do, avoid it as I doubt you will make it.

Flagstaff, Arizona
27 attraction reviews
“Amazing view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hike didn't take very long to the top, but it was a pretty straight up hike mostly in the shade. The views from the top are worth it, absolutely amazing!

Shanghai, China
8 attraction reviews
“Beautiful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We hiked with 2 10 year olds and 1 13 year old and the enjoyed every minute of it. Not that hard of a climb.

Visited December 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
“Somewhat boring - but quick and easy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I hiked Doe mountain early one morning. I felt that the hike was boring and the trail wasn't all that well marked.

However, if you're looking for a quick, easy, relaxing hike with beautiful views, Doe Mountain would be a good option. People of all ages and abilities can do this hike-- we saw children as well as older folks.

Visited December 2013