“"okay"” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 45 hotels in Sedona
Gretna, Virginia
“"okay"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our friend had booked us a week here through his timeshare. I called months ahead to request a really good view,especially since we had NEVER been out WEST..I was also told to request a "top floor", but we didn't get it, even though I called twice before we arrived there. We had a bottom floor, which seemed sorta like a basement. We heard every step the folks made above us, especially at 4 and 5 am!!! GRRRR!!! That part wasn't pleasing at all & I was not happy that we had a "somewhat view"..it was mainly bushes at our sliding glass door with the red rocks way out .."above" the trees/bushes. --The bed was pretty comfy..pillows were not. The sofa was pretty awful..I could not sit on it..way too wide..uhh! The kitchen didn't have enough variety of pots and pans/utensils, etc.--Had to deal with a few odd bugs/nats , but otherwise it was very clean and pretty well kept. Bathroom was good; separate shower and tub and good sink/vanity area.-- This was a special trip for my husband and I, first time out West, first long trip alone; sorta disappointed with this place. After speaking to two nice ladies about my request (Sharon and Hazelee), I really thought I would get a nicer unit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

931 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Firstly, the staff were wonderful, we were too early to check in but they took our suitcases as we had a day trip planned. The concierge was more used to older customers who did not know what they wanted to do and was impressed that we had everything planned...but we had not planned for no dining facilities. There are no restaurants on site and by the time we finally checked in (about 8 o'clock) we did not want to go back out for breakfast provisions so we had to leave earlier than anticipated the next morning to get breakfast at the local supermarket.
There are many secluded pools and sitting and BBQ areas, it is very peaceful, but one or two nighters might not expect a room with stunning views. It is a time share complex and not a hotel, a lot of money for a bed, bath and TV.

Room Tip: It is a time share, so you may end up with what you are given!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
We are sorry to read that you felt that our resort did not fulfil your expectations and we regret that even the excellent performance of our team did not improve the quality of your experience. We do hope that one day you may consider staying with us again, until then however we wish you safe travels.
CHICAGO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Went to Sedona with no hotel plans because my in-laws had it in their head to drive around town looking for prices. I know, it sounds redonkulous! And it was, we appeased them for 1 hour which was a waste but my husband jumped on line and booked this place from Orbitz. When we showed up they were all booked and had no room available. We showed them that we just place this purchase and they made calls and made it happen and got our room available for us.

When first walking in we were all taking back and amazed on how comforting the room was. We were pleased with the decor and homely feel.

Our rooms were gorgeous. The beds and pillows on the other hand were extremely uncomfortable. My hips ached through out the night and I heard the same complaint from my in-laws.

The following morning I went to the office to talk to the concierge to find out our options about jeep tours. 1) the concierge is RUDE 2) She made us wait. wait and wait some more. She could have easily taken 30 seconds of her time to even hear us out. It couldn't have been just a yes or no answer. But she leisurely talked on the phone looking into to something opposed to thanking the person and letting them go after getting what she wanted. Than she went to the person who had been waiting also and made us wait some more. When I was about to walk away and just do the foot myself in my room with the slow wi-fi. But I didnt care, she was annoying me. But she saw us about to walk away and asked us to wait a little bit longer. UGH!
3) Once she finally talked to us and saw what she wanted she would only help us with what options the resort would offer. Fine, understood. But any direction I went with her she didnt comply. So I felt I was wasting my time even more. And I did. I do have to note, I was in the lobby the following morning and another concierge was there and she seemed very helpful. So one bad seed.

Enjoyed the outdoor pool on a very brisk morning but the jacuzzi on a cold morning felt so good with a beauty of the the mountains in the background. Absolutely loved this moment. My husband was in the jacuzzi the night before in the dark with the stars shinning so bright, the fire place on by the pool. It was a view to take in he said.

They also had outdoor grills, which were top of the line. We bought steaks and grilled them outdoors and I noted to self when I move I must get a grill like this. Makes life simpler and food better!

And once again, my husband and I left our sons beloved Ejore stuffed animal in the room at the hotel on check out and didnt notice until the day after. No one called us but thank god we noticed before leaving town and went back for it. We did get a call like 5 days later I believe but we already had him back. :)

All in all, yes I would absolutely return back to this resort. Great stay, BUT I might look into another resort depending on what they offered due to a more comfortable bed. A good night sleep is just as important to me as a good hotel to stay at.

I will post pictures later when I upload from my phone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Haverhill, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

This was our third visit to Sedona Summit and whilst we are always made most welcome it would be nice if it was noted somewhere that we have visited before, to save the usual "is this your first visit?"
We always enjoy our stay and we had wonderful weather for all but the last day 26th Sept.
The only problems we had were the lack of jacuzzi for four days, and a lack of internet. Yes it was provided, but even after maintenance came out three times nothing improved. Maybe it will be upgraded and fully functioning by the next time we visit. Still had a wonderful time and will go back again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We apologise for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay here with us, however we are relieved to know that this has not influenced the quality of your stay and you enjoyed all that our resort and the area have to offer. We do hope to see you again in the future!
Bay City, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at the Sedona Summit for 7 days the end of September...Two bedroom rooms were very accommodating. Clean, well suited for two couples. We stayed in building 22 which had a great view. The staff was helpful and pleasant. Everything you need is there. We found a "old" time bar called Sundowner where the local bartender gave us all the information we needed for an added bonus....What a great place to stay. Hiking, walking, beautiful red rock all around. Wonderful trip

Room Tip: rooms 20 to 30 are suppose to have the best view but you really aren't in your room much because...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We came to Sedona with our friends who are Diamond Resort owners. We stayed from September 19 thru September 23 2013. We loved our two bedroom accommodations. They were spacious, clean, up-to-date, quiet, convenient, well decorated and ours had two lovely patio's. It's location to down town Sedona was also very convenient. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Setting up excursions was very easy also. I would go back without hesitation. You won't be sorry that you stayed here!

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room with a view. You'll love it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
diamondresorts, Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
We are delighted to read that our devotion to providing excellent service and quality of accommodation has won us your favour and we are happy to know that you will consider staying with us in the future. We hope you will not let us wait too long before seeing you again. Until then, however we wish you safe travels!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This resort is on the West Side of Sedona and is very near hiking trails, many restaurants (about a mile), and great views. This is a mostly condos resort that has some great pools, very nice full kitchens and great outdoor grills and grilling areas. It doesn't have room service or onsite food, so plan your trip to grocery store or check out some of the local restaurants, which are quite good. Being that it is a condo property it has a little less resort feel and more living area feel to the place. I would definitely stay there again as the rooms were very large.

Room Tip: You will definitely want to make sure to try to get a north facing room. The views are great in all...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sedona Summit Resort? Share your experiences!