“Great place to stay while in Sedona” 4 of 5 stars

Sedona Summit Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   4055 Navoti Drive, Sedona, AZ 86336   |
Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great place to stay while in Sedona”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Wanting to spend a little time in beautiful Sedona, I stayed in a one bedroom suite at the Sedona Summit Resort. The staff was helpful and friendly and the suite was very comfortable. A great place to stay while in Sedona.

Room Tip: Rooms on the N. side have beautiful mesa views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The Sedona Summit is a great place to just relax. The units are well appointed with all the kitchen utensils needed, great decor, and cozy atmosphere. With the beauty of Sedona all around it makes it easy to relax. There are 4 pools on the property, one of those being an adult pool. The hot tub was a great way to spend a cool evening. The staff was attentive and friendly. It is a time share property so if you do not want to hear the pitch, just say no. The only drawback to us was no regular resort services like bar and food service, only vending machines. The resort is on the far west side of town which involves a drive to town. We went on a jeep ride, a hike and drove up to Jerome.... A great trip!

Room Tip: Probably ask for an upper room to get a room with a view.
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I felt that I had dutifully done my homework when researching this "resort," but apparently my research came up short. For the price, you would expect room cleaning-nope! For the price, you may expect friendly staff-nope (we were obviously an inconvenience to the staff for simply asking for extra bath towels, as they don't restock them)! For the price, you could even expect a great view-nope! Now, obviously anywhere you look in Sedona is breathtaking-its a beautiful town, but the hotel's location is nothing special in comparison to other hotels that are higher up, overlooking the town from above. So, this place is surely no resort (as the name implies).

I hate to be negative, so here are the pros:
-It was nice to have a kitchen
-The bed was comfy
-It was quiet
-It has 4 pools

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We are Diamond timeshare owners and I have wanted to stay at this resort for many years. We stayed for 5 nights as part of a 6 week stay in the states. I had emailed the resort previously for a room with a view and fortunately we got one. We had booked a 1 bed Mesa Suite and this was decorated to a high standard, we were in a ground floor unit but it had fabtastic views over the red rocks which are stunning to look at during sunrise. The only downside to the unit was that it was quite dark inside. I do appreciate we are lucky to get a view as there are not many units with a view, I do feel however as this is Diamond Resort as a Diamond timeshare owner we should get one of the units with a better view. At check in they tried to talk us into going to a presentation which we firmly refused, they do try to pressure even current owners into buying more, they did not bother us again.. There was an area close by to our unit with a hot tub and loungers and we sat out a few mornings looking out over the great views it was very relaxing. There is also a good barbeque area above the hot tub, which was kept very clean. We used the resort as a base for visiting the Grand Canyon. We loved Sedona and only wish it was nearer, we ate in the unit every night and there are a number of good supermarkets close by.
We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I am not the most easy person to win over, but I am certainly not the most difficult either. The pictures online weren’t the room I booked. A lot of people complained on “home away from home” about this issue. I reviewed before booking and seen comments yet I dismissed because I thought I was getting a "good deal". My room was a lot more dated than pictured. I was told I would have a view of the Red Rock. No view. Upon arrival the office was difficult to find due to construction –one thing they failed to mention when booking!!! Upon arrival I was ignored because another customer was complaining about several issues and the whole staff had to calm them down. A dated room and construction I could deal with…the limited internet and outrageous fees for use was the start of a bad stay. WHEN I STARTED TO HEAR SCRATCHING ANIMALS IN THE WALLS AT NIGHT that ticked me off. It was not shy, it was loud, and ALL night! The staff did nothing to fix the issue. We also noticed a foul order outside (like a dead animal). Everything was booked since it was spring break –we had no other options. To top it all off the last day we were there I found hybrid LICE in my daughters long hair. I am positive she contracted it there. I would not stay here again even if it was free. This place has potential - it just needs better management and customer relations. The only thing that kept me sane during our trip was the beautiful Sedona outdoors. Sedona Summit -READ THIS and fix. People need good accommodations, provide it and they will come back.

Room Tip: Don't book here- Rodents & lice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ontario, canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Booked this on hotwire and was pleasantly surprised by the resort. Its part of Diamond International timeshare network. Good location, about 5-7 min from "downtown" Sedona, great views from the resort, several outdoor areas/pools to choose from. Interior of room was nice but small - was likely the lockout unit of a 2 bedroom condo. They wow you with service when you arrive - pulled up front to the lobby to register and someone immediately there to welcome us and asked to clean off the windshield of our car while we checked in - totally surprised when he introduced himself as the manager. Inside the lobby there was someone giving complementary back massages, coffee while you wait to checkin. Overall, nice place, we got a great rate on Hotwire but since its a condo/timeshare there is no breakfast area or restaurant available on the premises.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Nothing wrong with this resort other than; Too much pressure to attend their timeshare presentation. Was almost like begging. Also I realize that not everyone can have a view but not sure how they decide who does get one. If we had gotten a view I would have likely considered attending the presentation. And yes I did ask for a view ahead of time. Otherwise our studio room was nice other than the small balcony that barely had room for 2 people. Staff was friendly and helpful. Wifi carries a charge and did not work from our unit. Free use of PC by the front desk.

Room Tip: Only reason room is rated poor is because of the lack of a view and the extra small balcony.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sedona Summit Resort? Share your experiences!