“Definitely in the hills...” 4 of 5 stars

Sedona Summit Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   4055 Navoti Drive, Sedona, AZ 86336   |
Ranked #23 of 46 hotels in Sedona
Chicago, Illinois
“Definitely in the hills...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Location of this resort is a great thing if you don't want to be in the hussle bussel of tourist time in Sedona. You're out there on the far end of town and it's relatively quiet.

Units are nicely equipped with top of the line appliances and kitchen utensils and the resort itself, has a great deal to offer if you're there for a real "get away".

We enjoyed the upscale unit and space we had. Our rock views were limited but what a great time we had watching people in the pool and hot tub IN THE SNOW.....crazy!

The Sumit has come a long way and is under renovation which expect will only make it better!

Room Tip: Ask for a view....but be specific what you want to see!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

915 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Prescott, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Well my boyfriend and i decided to stay for a nice romantic time, the room was ok but more for a family stay.I wish I would have spent the extra $30.00 and stayed at the hyatt.Nice staff but one of the gals that we were routed to after checking in told us with our package that we were vip guests and were going to be treated that way? Well then she gave us a vip card and said we could use it for discounts at certain places, then continued to show us these resturaunts that she highly recomended not mentioning that they did not except the vip card!?! so we went to this amazing italian resturaunt and when i showed the waiter the card he said that the resort had been told many times that they would not be part of it!!! um..embarrassing! anyhow better for family stay not romantic!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Oswego, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the two-bedroom timeshare. Both bedrooms were spacious. Each had its own jacuzzi bath tub. The kitchen had updated appliances and was very functional. The workout area was small but workable. It had very good equipment. There are quite a few pools which are excellent. They are updating the check-in area so at present they are using a temperary one. This did not hinder the check-in process. The timeshare is just outside of town which we enjoyed. There were good views of the red rock from our balcony. This is definetly one of the nices timeshares we have stayed in. We would spend more time here.

• Stayed February 2013
Prescott, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

As a Diamond Resorts owner living in Prescott,AZ, I use the majority of my points visiting the Sedona Summit Resort several times a year. I love the location, on a small rise at the start of the Red Rock Loop, with glorious views of the red and white cliffs of the Secret Mountain area. Close to hiking trails and restaurants.....you can walk the Centennial Trail right from your apartment. There are several pools and hot-tubs to enjoy, fitness room, game room. The Club area and check-in desks are currently undergoing renovations and expansion though, causing a minor inconvenience. We checked in on Sunday, Jan. 27, for 4 nights and we we're put into a 1 bdr suite right next to the temporary check-in area......high traffic and very noisy with no views. On top of that, the suite was designed for physically challenged guests....with very low counters, bars and call boxes everywhere. We went back to the check-in area to see if we could be moved to another room since I am 6 ft 2 in tall and the low counters we're physically challenging for me. A wonderful woman, named Katie Brown, moved us to a top floor suite with a great view of the Red Rocks. She was super. The 1 bedroom suite had a full kitchen, living and dining area, comfortable queen bed, bathroom with separate garden tub and shower.......quite nice. We plan on going back again in a couple months. If you want incredible views and are staying in a 1 bedroom suite, request Bldgs. 22, 23, 24, 25, or 26 on the second floor.

Room Tip: Bldgs 22 through 26, on the second floor, 1 bedroom suites, have incredible views of the Red Rocks.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Peoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I booked early enough through a timeshare exchange but only got 2 studio units which were supposedly in separate buildings. When I requested for an upgrade, I was being charged $175 extra but when I told them I was a Platinum member of a travel exchange, they provided us with 2 one BR units adjoining each other but we had to go to a timeshare presentation.
The presentation lasted more than 4 hours. Meanwhile the grandkids were waiting for us for their activity for the day. Positive things: the heated outdoor pool especially in the midst of winter ( Jan 18- 24,2013) was really wonderful., the jetted tub, comfortable bed, the kitchen which was equipped with non-stick pots and pans and because of this, we always had good, economical breakfasts which we prepared ourselves. Some of the linens was short but would immediately be supplied when informed about it. Hotels would provide soap and shampoos daily but their supply is once every 3-4 days only. Cleaning.is done midweek and that is okay with us as we clean after ourselves anyway. Aviilable appliances-refrigerator, washing machine ,oven/stove and an outdoor grill. We used this place as a home base for different activities- Out of Africa where we saw live feeding of the animals, ostrich laying an egg, and live demos of different animal activites; the Grand Canyon for our friends, V Bar V site for petroglyphs, Montezuma Castle ruins and the Montezuma Well,Rock Slide State Park (very cold this time of the year) and of course the red rock views all over Sedona, Chapel on the Hill, the nature trails. This was not the first time we've been to Sedona. Other times we took the Verde Canyon Railway, went to Tuzigoot National Park, Jerome,and the nearby areas east of Flagstaff, and also went snow tubing.
One of our family members had a leg brace after slipping on the snow and we had a difficult time taking her to the room because of the steps and wished that it was handicapped acessible. We didn't realize they had activities at the resort but we were busy enough exploring the area. Three days were spent for the grandkids and family and another 3 days were for friends from the Midwest who had minus 16 degree weather and snow at the time of the visit and really loved Sedona weather that time of the year...
I prefer a resort rather than a hotel because of convenience and comfort whenever available . I wouldn't mind going back to this resort..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
oxnard
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The first impression was great. Called for ice and was there in a flash. Called about internet access ($6.95 a day) and was connected to AT&T. I have an account for wi-fi with them so I was on in moments. Problem one: So slow speed I wanted to use a carrier pigeon. Stayed that way the entire eight days. Had to call AT & T everyday. After three days the front desk gave me the direct number. AT&T said it was a site problem. I did most of my online at off site places. Problem two: T.V. would quit in the middle of a show. Maintenance was prompt but no help, He said it was the local cable company even though out T.V. in the bed room never had a problem. It took four days to fix. I was told the property did not have a spare T.V.. Problem three: Behind the t.v. stand was filthy and made me wonder how much hidden dirt was in the room. To receive a discount on a train tour we agreed to go to the time share presentation. We really wanted to see what they had to offer since we travel six to eight weeks a year. Problem four: This was the hardest sales staff I have ever dealt with. After three hours of saying no to four different sales people I was out of love with Diamond Resorts. The maintenance fee for their lowest entry is almost $1200.00 dollars a year. Think of where you can go for a week for that price alone. Not counting the buy in price. I could go on for hours about what was wrong with their sales staff, but trust me stay away. Pay the extra for whatever you want to do because your time likely is worth more than the chump change they will save you. Sedona is one of the most beautiful places on earth and should be on everyone bucket list. This is a nice property just outside of town. As time shares go the staff was friendly and fast. The unit was large and fully stocked. First floor with no view was fine as we were out and about most of the time. Last problem: reading the rules after check in scared me. I was afraid to leave any trash at all in the room and made sure all kitchen utensils were washed and put away. I would like to think the maid service cleans the dishes when a guest checks out, but apparently that's not the case. So you have to trust that the previous guest cleaned the dishes instead of just licking them clean. Next time when I read such rules i'll take the time to wash everything upon arrival. P.S. this property in not handicap friendly. High curbs so you cannot dolly your luggage and a cart is not going to help. Hope you like walking long distances and climbing stairs, because this is not for those needing assistance. I would like to go back to Sedona because of it's beauty. I don't often return to the same place twice. I will look to see if there is another property around. If not I likely will stay here again. Maybe.

Room Tip: No food on site, but lots of good places in town. Try the airport grill. and the waffle house. stay...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Groveland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was our first time to the Sedona area and selected Sedona Summit based on previous reviews (Thank-you).

I requested a unit with a nice view and they were kind enough to grant my request. We had a 1BR unit with a great Red Rock View from our balcony and bedroom window. It was a very pleasant experience waking up to see hot air balloons floating in the canyon. Getting to the unit on the lower level required climbing some stairs but it was worth the exercise for the view.

The 1BR unit was very well equipped with full kitchen and nice amenities. We had a problem with our dishwasher and the resort ensured it was fixed while we were out hiking. The guest services and concierge provided us with some very good recommendations on things to do in the area (Thank-you).

Pools at the resort are rather small and crowded. The jacuzzi by our unit would have been perfect had they trimmed the evergreens which blocked the views to the Red Rocks (suggestion to the resort).

The resort is conveniently located by 89A, and away from noise with very nice accommodations. However, free wi-fi would be a nice amenity to add in the near future.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the canyon provide excellent Red Rock views. Lower units are not handicap accessible a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sedona Summit Resort? Share your experiences!