“West Sedona Oasis” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 46 hotels in Sedona
Prescott, AZ
“West Sedona Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

As a Diamond Resorts owner living in Prescott,AZ, I use the majority of my points visiting the Sedona Summit Resort several times a year. I love the location, on a small rise at the start of the Red Rock Loop, with glorious views of the red and white cliffs of the Secret Mountain area. Close to hiking trails and restaurants.....you can walk the Centennial Trail right from your apartment. There are several pools and hot-tubs to enjoy, fitness room, game room. The Club area and check-in desks are currently undergoing renovations and expansion though, causing a minor inconvenience. We checked in on Sunday, Jan. 27, for 4 nights and we we're put into a 1 bdr suite right next to the temporary check-in area......high traffic and very noisy with no views. On top of that, the suite was designed for physically challenged guests....with very low counters, bars and call boxes everywhere. We went back to the check-in area to see if we could be moved to another room since I am 6 ft 2 in tall and the low counters we're physically challenging for me. A wonderful woman, named Katie Brown, moved us to a top floor suite with a great view of the Red Rocks. She was super. The 1 bedroom suite had a full kitchen, living and dining area, comfortable queen bed, bathroom with separate garden tub and shower.......quite nice. We plan on going back again in a couple months. If you want incredible views and are staying in a 1 bedroom suite, request Bldgs. 22, 23, 24, 25, or 26 on the second floor.

Room Tip: Bldgs 22 through 26, on the second floor, 1 bedroom suites, have incredible views of the Red Rocks.

916 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Peoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I booked early enough through a timeshare exchange but only got 2 studio units which were supposedly in separate buildings. When I requested for an upgrade, I was being charged $175 extra but when I told them I was a Platinum member of a travel exchange, they provided us with 2 one BR units adjoining each other but we had to go to a timeshare presentation.
The presentation lasted more than 4 hours. Meanwhile the grandkids were waiting for us for their activity for the day. Positive things: the heated outdoor pool especially in the midst of winter ( Jan 18- 24,2013) was really wonderful., the jetted tub, comfortable bed, the kitchen which was equipped with non-stick pots and pans and because of this, we always had good, economical breakfasts which we prepared ourselves. Some of the linens was short but would immediately be supplied when informed about it. Hotels would provide soap and shampoos daily but their supply is once every 3-4 days only. Cleaning.is done midweek and that is okay with us as we clean after ourselves anyway. Aviilable appliances-refrigerator, washing machine ,oven/stove and an outdoor grill. We used this place as a home base for different activities- Out of Africa where we saw live feeding of the animals, ostrich laying an egg, and live demos of different animal activites; the Grand Canyon for our friends, V Bar V site for petroglyphs, Montezuma Castle ruins and the Montezuma Well,Rock Slide State Park (very cold this time of the year) and of course the red rock views all over Sedona, Chapel on the Hill, the nature trails. This was not the first time we've been to Sedona. Other times we took the Verde Canyon Railway, went to Tuzigoot National Park, Jerome,and the nearby areas east of Flagstaff, and also went snow tubing.
One of our family members had a leg brace after slipping on the snow and we had a difficult time taking her to the room because of the steps and wished that it was handicapped acessible. We didn't realize they had activities at the resort but we were busy enough exploring the area. Three days were spent for the grandkids and family and another 3 days were for friends from the Midwest who had minus 16 degree weather and snow at the time of the visit and really loved Sedona weather that time of the year...
I prefer a resort rather than a hotel because of convenience and comfort whenever available . I wouldn't mind going back to this resort..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
oxnard
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The first impression was great. Called for ice and was there in a flash. Called about internet access ($6.95 a day) and was connected to AT&T. I have an account for wi-fi with them so I was on in moments. Problem one: So slow speed I wanted to use a carrier pigeon. Stayed that way the entire eight days. Had to call AT & T everyday. After three days the front desk gave me the direct number. AT&T said it was a site problem. I did most of my online at off site places. Problem two: T.V. would quit in the middle of a show. Maintenance was prompt but no help, He said it was the local cable company even though out T.V. in the bed room never had a problem. It took four days to fix. I was told the property did not have a spare T.V.. Problem three: Behind the t.v. stand was filthy and made me wonder how much hidden dirt was in the room. To receive a discount on a train tour we agreed to go to the time share presentation. We really wanted to see what they had to offer since we travel six to eight weeks a year. Problem four: This was the hardest sales staff I have ever dealt with. After three hours of saying no to four different sales people I was out of love with Diamond Resorts. The maintenance fee for their lowest entry is almost $1200.00 dollars a year. Think of where you can go for a week for that price alone. Not counting the buy in price. I could go on for hours about what was wrong with their sales staff, but trust me stay away. Pay the extra for whatever you want to do because your time likely is worth more than the chump change they will save you. Sedona is one of the most beautiful places on earth and should be on everyone bucket list. This is a nice property just outside of town. As time shares go the staff was friendly and fast. The unit was large and fully stocked. First floor with no view was fine as we were out and about most of the time. Last problem: reading the rules after check in scared me. I was afraid to leave any trash at all in the room and made sure all kitchen utensils were washed and put away. I would like to think the maid service cleans the dishes when a guest checks out, but apparently that's not the case. So you have to trust that the previous guest cleaned the dishes instead of just licking them clean. Next time when I read such rules i'll take the time to wash everything upon arrival. P.S. this property in not handicap friendly. High curbs so you cannot dolly your luggage and a cart is not going to help. Hope you like walking long distances and climbing stairs, because this is not for those needing assistance. I would like to go back to Sedona because of it's beauty. I don't often return to the same place twice. I will look to see if there is another property around. If not I likely will stay here again. Maybe.

Room Tip: No food on site, but lots of good places in town. Try the airport grill. and the waffle house. stay...
Groveland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was our first time to the Sedona area and selected Sedona Summit based on previous reviews (Thank-you).

I requested a unit with a nice view and they were kind enough to grant my request. We had a 1BR unit with a great Red Rock View from our balcony and bedroom window. It was a very pleasant experience waking up to see hot air balloons floating in the canyon. Getting to the unit on the lower level required climbing some stairs but it was worth the exercise for the view.

The 1BR unit was very well equipped with full kitchen and nice amenities. We had a problem with our dishwasher and the resort ensured it was fixed while we were out hiking. The guest services and concierge provided us with some very good recommendations on things to do in the area (Thank-you).

Pools at the resort are rather small and crowded. The jacuzzi by our unit would have been perfect had they trimmed the evergreens which blocked the views to the Red Rocks (suggestion to the resort).

The resort is conveniently located by 89A, and away from noise with very nice accommodations. However, free wi-fi would be a nice amenity to add in the near future.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the canyon provide excellent Red Rock views. Lower units are not handicap accessible a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
East Moline Il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Nice resort.
It is a bit away from the downtown area. Our room was right on the highway but the noise wasn't too bad. No views from our room whatsoever.
It snowed while we were there and the staff did a nice job of getting the snow cleared from the sidewalks.
The unit we were in was a 2BR unit. The kitchen was well equiped but pretty small. If you had a fairly large group you wouldn't have room for more than 2 people in the kitchen.
The couch was NOT comfortable.
The pool was nice but closed part of the time due to snow.
The had a fun crafts area and we participated in a couple of classes.
There were some maintainence items in our unit that would keep me from giving the resort a 5/5.
**They are pretty persistant about taking the timeshare tour. We didn't take it so I don't know how much pressure they would put on you if you do take it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the rocks. It would be away from the highway.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We chose the coldest week this winter so far to visit Sedona. Our accommodations at Sedona Summit were warm and cozy however. We were in a studio unit with an adjoining door to a one- bedroom unit which was perfect for our weekend with long- time friends with a lot of catching up to do. The units had fully stocked kitchens and living areas and featured very comfy beds so we were able to hibernate in comfort during the coldest spells. The sheets and bedding were very soft and comfortable One negative was the very noisy trash pick-up at 6 am on Monday morning. I also wish there had been free wi-fi. The workout facility was a short walk and perfectly adequate for an indoor workout. We loved the location for its convenience to restaurants, shopping and hiking and away from the most traffic-laden parts of Sedona.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Allentown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great views from balcony. Nice one-bedroom suite with king bed. Full kitchen with granite counters and leather bar stools. Dining table, living room with gas fireplace perfect. Huge bathroom with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Nice tile work. Very relaxing. Sofa a little hard but I guess that's because it is a pull out. Resort location was convenient to all activities: Sedona airport for helicopter ride only 10 minutes away; restaurants right along 89A, also just 10 minutes away. Pink Jeep tour guide picked us up at reception area. Nice touch. Very attentive guest services and staff--kudos. Unable to use Outdoor pool and jacuzzi because it was too cold!! Would have loved free wi-if--had to pay extra. Overall very nice accommodations which enhanced our well-needed vacation!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sedona Summit Resort? Share your experiences!