“Spacious, Quiet, Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 46 hotels in Sedona
Stamford, Connecticut
“Spacious, Quiet, Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

This was first hotel I stayed in while visiting Sedona. The service was friendly and accomodating. I requested a different yet comparable suite my first day there and they were happy to accomodate. The bed was very comfortable, ample blankets, the room was quiet and private, very clean and updated. I had a second floor suite with a private balcony, not a fantastic view, yet it did not overlook the street, which was made it feel very cozy. A delicious continental breakfast was served every morning, with a variety of breads, fresh fruits, and juices. I highly recommend taking advantage of this. The only disadvantage is the hotel isn't located within walking distance of the downtown, so you'll need to either have a car available or take advantage of the shuttle. I had a very pleasant experience at this hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to visit for a few days.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

754 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

Finding a room in Sedona for three "older" girls who like their own bed and space was a trick. The Sedona Real worked for us for a five day stay. I slept on the pull out couch in the living room area which I could leave into a bed and the maid made it up each day. It was not as comfortable as the bed my friends had, and I did not get the double sheet treatment, but it was OK for 5 hours or so. My main complaint was that breakfast was not served until 7 o'clock. I was up at 5 and wanted to eat and hike, so this was a disadvantage for all of us actually. We made our reservations months in advance and I wish the women told us about the noise of the traffic, since we surely would have ask for a room in another building. Being on the couch, it was closest to me. But for the positive, West Sedona is a great area to stay. I have stayed downtown, and it is better in West Sedona. We could cross the street to a Vegetarian Restaurant and the library. Other fine restaurants were close by. Try the Barking Frog....very good!
Another major complaint I had with this hotel, which would prevent me from staying there again is that they had no computer. There is plenty of room in the lobby area for them to set up a computer, but none was available and I needed to walk over to the library to do a bit of business work which annoyed me. They rent you a laptop for a day, but I was not going to do that for a 10 minute check on a student's assignment. I have stayed over 45 nights this year in hotels and this is the first time I have not use of a business area computer.
The pool was fine, but way too much chlorine in the hot tub.
On the positive, the staff was very friendly and well trained. The breakfast was good and I liked the already made oatmeal.
Our room was about $184 a night for three which I guess is average maybe good for Sedona and a room with sitting area. From other reviews, I think if we had been in another building, and another suite, I would have given 4 stars.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Greenville, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

I agree with "violetforkeats": This place looks nice on the outside, ... but the room was very depressing inside. Cramped, very outdated-looking...

I was looking for a place to stay in the last munit and noticed this motel. I went in and asked for a room and gave my credit card information. She said "Shoud l I make the reservation now?" I didn't relize this was a crucial question and said "yes". After I looked at the room, I was disappointed and the outside corridor made me uncomfortavle (since I was an alone female). I went back to the front desk and asked to cancell the stay with the reason as feeling insecure. The staff said that the reservation CANNOT be cancelled withing 72 hours, or I'd lose the first night cost. I pleaded: I only paid for it 5 minutes ago and found the room unstisfactory. Can you make an exception? The answer was no and he also said that "outside corridor is the city code... all hotels are like this". This turned out to be a lie. I drove toward the town for dinner and noticed Hampton Inn (much closer to downtown and it had the inside corridor! It's rate ($129) was much better than Sedona Real Inn and Suites. I made a decision to sacrifice my one night cost ($150) at Sedona Real Inn and Suites and move to Hampton Inn. I turned arround, drove back to Sedona Real Inn and returned the keys. The staff at Sedona Real Inn was embarrassed and murmured "are you sure they have inside corridor?" Moving to Hampton Inn was a right decision: the quality was way better than Sedona Real Inn.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

Neither my husband nor I had been to Sedona before, and we found this property to be in a great location for accessing outdoor activities all over the area. Our mini-suite had a terrific floor plan with the mini-kitchen and sitting area separated from the bedroom/bath area by a half wall. I don't understand the problem some posters have with the "kitchen in the bathroom" issue because our floor plan was totally different. We made our reservations directly with the property, and made clear our needs and wishes. (Great view, amenities) Between the microwave and small refrig we were well equipped to even use our leftovers from dinner for our lunches! We got "real" silverware, disposable plates, coffee mugs/glasses from the front desk, the staff of which is most accomodating, cheerful, polite, and knowledgeable. The concierge (or "funologist"!) was always helpful with any questions regarding the area for hiking, scenic drives, shopping (grocery & other). The location in West Sedona is most desireable, we felt, as "Uptown" is very tourist oriented and often quite crowded with people and traffic. We stayed for a week so we had ample opportunity to utilize all aspects of this property.

Whiting, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

Stayed here 2 nights while in Sedona... this was our "splurge" place. Had a suite with porch with view, lovely. Very clean and nice, staff very helpful and readily available. Good location in West Sedona. The Concierge was wonderful, full of ideas for just what we wanted. We corresponded by email before the trip and in-person during our stay; Debbie had all info we wanted at her fingertips, and gave us more tips for things I had not found during my extensive research before the trip. The breakfast was great, with hot and cold foods a-plenty. The beds were comfy with nice pillows.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Airdrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

Great Hotel, have stayed here twice.
Latest stay was in the seven canyons suite, very awesome room, probably the best value for you dollar in sedona.
This hotel is clean, excellent customer service, grounds are very nicely kept up.
If you have been burned by other hotel rooms in sedons, give this property a try, it will not dissapoint!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

Since hotel prices are high in Sedona, we were happy with the rate we paid at the Sedona Real. We got a comfortable room with a good complimentary breakfast. The staff was very accommodating. There is a concierge in the hotel lobby that helped us set up a jeep tour. There are a variety of restaurants within a mile of the hotel. We were pleased with our stay and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Sedona Real Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!