“Very satisfied, an excellent place if traveling with dogs” 4 of 5 stars

Sedona Real Inn and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   95 Arroyo Pinon Drive, PO Box 4161, Sedona, AZ 86336   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$124 Low Rate Guaranteed!
Ranked #11 of 46 hotels in Sedona
Carbondale, Colorado
“Very satisfied, an excellent place if traveling with dogs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed at the Sedona Real for 5 nights last week, with my dogs, while we were participating in an agility competition in Sedona. From the minute we arrived for check-in, the staff took care of anything we needed and was very friendly to both me and the pups. They have a concierge who was very helpful getting us oriented and finding about trails and places where the dogs could run, directions to things, etc.; this ain't no Holiday Inn. The room was an ADA version, not needed for me but totally fine. Vanity space was limited (probably because of accessible design) and there was quite a bit of stuff (refrig, microwave) jammed into a corner of the room which made storing luggage a bit cramped, but it was very, very comfortable, well maintained, well cleaned. Very prompt and consistent maid service. I did not have any shower or hot water problems, sounds like one reviewer just had a faulty temp control mechanism in that faucet.

Very nice private outdoor gassy area for picnicking, playing with the dogs, sitting in the shade to read, etc. One evening a bunch of us got take-out and had dinner out there with the dogs and friends, it was quite nice. Actually a pretty quiet place to stay considering that it is right on a busy thoroughfare, but if traffic bothers you, just arrange for one of the many rooms not near that street, there won't be a noise problem.

I only had time to try the breakfast one day, it is definitely several steps above the usual La Quinta or that type of place, but I wouldn't put it in the category of going to a restaurant for breakfast or what you'd get at a very high-end hotel. Still, quite a bit better than the usual.

A/C worked very well.

A nice touch - each of the pups got a complementary leash and collapsible water bowl great for the hikes we took in the area. Poop bag dispenser on site. Our room had a nice tile floor, which the dogs loved because it was cool.

All in all, I really enjoyed my stay there and had nothing to quibble about. Particularly when you travel with dogs, it's a special treat to find a place where they're so welcome and all of us are comfortable. I wouldn't even shop other lodging near Sedona in the future, this is where we'll stay.

Room Tip: Lots of rooms away from the adjacent thoroughfare, some rooms are very close to that street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Robert_Holeman, General Manager at Sedona Real Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for pointing out our signature hospitality! We love to be the home away from home for families and their pups! Come back again soon!

664 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

A nice hotel in Sedona. Sedona is divided in two parts, so nice to have a car or take a taxi. A beautiful place, Sedona.
Friendly staff. Rent movies and get a free popcorn.

It was very hot when we were there in August. Fan coil (cooling) in the rooms were very noisy. Over 60 Db. Try Pizza across the street from the hotel, very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your visit! We have some great specials lined up for this winter. Look here on our TripAdvisor page if you want to try Sedona Real during the cozy season. Thanks again!
Goodyear, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

There was a discrepancy in our arrival dates (I did not check the dates in my email) but the staff went far above what was expected by getting us in and keeping us in the same room. Also they have a very good breakfast!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Robert_Holeman, General Manager at Sedona Real Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback! We have a great team here and I appreciate you writing about the service you received. Come and see us again and let me know if I can ever be of assistance!
Spokane Valley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

During our summer vacation we stayed 2 nights at the Sedona Real. The staff was very helpful, rooms were clean, beds very comfy and the breakfast was awesome. Becky did a great job keeping up with the food and was so pleasant to the guests. We truly enjoyed our stay there and we will definately stay again, when in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the generous review with special mention of Becky! I will let her know she is appreciated. Before your next stay, be sure to call ahead so we can welcome you back!
Litchfield Park, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I gave this place an average rating because I don't think it ranks bad enough to be a "poor"...though we were completely disappointed.

The room was clean and did include a small fridge, which is something we always look for in a hotel. It was very small, however. We had a two queen room and it was very close quarters. The microwave and fridge are in the bathroom. The breakfast was good. It was listed as "continental" but actually was a full breakfast, self serve. The rooms do open to the outside, so there is traffic noise.

The disappointment was in the shower...and the staff's response to the problem. After a long day, my daughter, age 7, was in the shower which was merely a single stream of water, when the temperature of the water went from so-so warm to scalding hot. She screamed and was crying in pain....not wanting to get back in the water. We adjusted the temperature to cool down...making the water now cold. It warmed back up enough to get her back in to finish quickly...and she was scalded again.

The next morning, I took a cold shower...with the water handle all the way over to the "hot". It was at least warmer than the ice water that came out when it was turned the other direction. I tried to take a extremely quick shower since it was so cold...but not in time to be scalded with hot water myself.

The true disappointment was when telling the front desk staff upon check out, the employee offered to give a 15% discount the next time we stayed...which, she then added is the same discount we would get by being a repeat guest anyway. No apology. She did offer the suggestion that next time it happens we should call the front desk. I explained that when my 7-year-old daughter was crying in pain from being burned by scalding hot water, it wasn't really my first thought to call the front desk, but to comfort and care for my child. Again, no apology or asking if she was OK. There were also four people standing at the front desk at the time, all hearing the issue, and no one said anything. Being offered what we would receive with another stay anyway made us feel like we were just another guest and if we don't stay, someone else will. Our business is not worth it to them.

So to be honest, I will not stay here again unless there is nothing available at another hotel in the area. The price that I paid, despite the shower issue, really is not worth what we feel we received.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your important feedback. The safety of our guests is of utmost importance to us here at Sedona Real. I would like to investigate your stay in more detail if you would be so kind to reach out to me at your convenience. I can be reached at the phone number here on our TripAdvisor listing page. I apologize for any discomfort and inconvenience caused to you and hope for another opportunity to earn your loyalty. Thank you again for sharing your experience.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Nine of us college classmates had a "mini-reunion" here. The rooms were comfortably large enough for two, and in one case three. The breakfast had everything--sausage and eggs, 6 kinds of cold cereal, fresh fruit and yogurt, muffins, toast, etc. etc., in a nice big space. We enjoyed the swimming pool. The service was excellent.

My only very small suggestion would be that the hotel should put towel hooks in the bathroom. I would happily stay at the Sedona Real Inn again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for bringing your group to stay with us! I am happy to hear everyone felt comfortable and well served. We look forward to next year!
Nashua. NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I recently spent 4 nights at the Sedona Real and we really enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, quiet and spacious, the views of Sedona's red rocks was spectacular, and the complimentary breakfast was a nice plus. It's a really great value. Stay here and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sedona Real Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!