“Would stay again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in Sedona
cleveland
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and i stayed here March 10-13. The room was spacious and clean. It was disappointing that the pool and hot tub were closed for cleaning and that this wasn't disclosed at the time of booking as I would of chosen a different property to stay at. The weather wasn.t warm enough for swimmimg but we would of used the hot tub after long days of hiking. They did give us a discount for sunday night due to this. The location was nice, down at the west end but close to everything, just a few minutes drive. The staff at check in was nice and the concierge helpful with booking pink jeep and recommendations for dinner. As for the fridge and microwave "being in the bathroom" this was located at the vanity area and wasn't a problem for us. The breakfast was just ok.

Room Tip: We stayed in building six and didn't have any traffic noise but also no views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Robert_Holeman, General Manager at Sedona Real Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear it was a mostly positive one. Please accept my apology for not alerting you of our pool closure. Our policy is to communicate any scheduled maintenance well in advance. In this particular instance, an unforeseen problem led to the closure. Before your next Sedona vacation, feel free to reach out to me through the hotel so that I can have my leadership team personally manage your reservation. Thank you again for choosing Sedona Real Inn & Suites!

Saint Joseph, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

First class accommodations - extra amenities in rooms including lighted magnifying mirror, lots of extra towels, top notch shampoo/etc, nicely decorated large rooms, super fantastic staff. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful with enough choices to please everyone. Free wi-fi. Paid $134 per night, Monday 3/11. Excellent value. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: We were in building 7, i know buildings 5-8 are newest.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the outstanding recommendation! We’re happy to hear the positive feedback about our amenities including the breakfast, extra towels and bath products. After exploring many options, we decided the organic soaps were superior. Please come and visit us again and don’t forget to call ahead so we can greet you as a returning guest!
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was traveling on business recently and I don't know if I got special treatment because of that, but I sure felt special! For the money, it's a really nice place and a good value. It's motel-style, with the rooms opening to an exterior walkway, so nothing fancy, but...we saw the red rocks out our second floor window, it was very clean and well-kempt with good maid service, lots of towels and toiletries, it had a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker, and, though full, it was quiet and well-maintained.

Beyond that, there is a concierge who hangs out at a desk in the lobby all day, who was very well-informed and friendly and directed us to a beautiful day hike. He had good restaurant recommendations as well. The staff was super-friendly and helpful. When we wanted to borrow a corkscrew, they just gave us one with a 'Sedona Real' logo on it and said we could keep it. Just nice and friendly. It was so pleasant, I would consider coming back with my family (I want to show them beautiful Sedona) and staying at the Sedona Real rather than spending a fortune at a fancier place.

Room Tip: I would go with a second floor room. Better views, possibly.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank daphneNewYorkCity
Thank you for recommending Sedona Real Inn & Suites for our overall value. We recognize there are many choices of accommodation in town. But, none offering so many amenities and super service for a reasonable rate. We’d love the opportunity to help make your family’s stay just as memorable! Keep an eye on TripAdvisor for great specials!
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

“The lady that worked on March 7, 2013 around 9:30 AM in the breakfast area was very friendly.” She offered to make me more oatmeal eventhough they were almost closed for breakfast. The hotel was in a very pretty location and the concierge was very helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Robert_Holeman, General Manager at Sedona Real Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to Sedona Real Inn & Suites. We enjoy having you and I will personally recognize Becky and our concierge staff for excellent service.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. The location is in West Sedona which is away from all of the shops but its a very short drive to them. Friendly staff & very helpful with touring suggestions. The corner suite was really nice! In my own opinion, it was a but pricey, but in Sedona, they're all spendy. Overall I thought it was a great place & would stay here again if we're back in Sedona.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for pointing out our prime location. We chose this spot for that exact reason: we are close to the Seven Canyons (outdoor adventure area) and local restaurants but far enough from the busy uptown part of Sedona. It’s a little more peaceful over here but only about 10 minutes to drive to any part of town. We look forward to providing another comfortable stay for you!
Winona, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The 2 qu room was fine. Not spacious, no view, but clean and quiet. From reading earlier reviews, I pictured a balcony...but the "balconies" are the outdoor sidewalks to get you to the room. Do not expect to see sunrise or sunset, regardless of which side your outdoor sidewalk faces. On the bright side, the beds were comfortable, the decor was calm and fairly current, the bathroom was chock full of high quality towels. The hotel will remind you of a condo complex with 8 or 9 separate buildings and a community center, which houses check-in and breakfast.
If there was a 3.5 rating, I would use it to describe our stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: I suggest calling the front desk and having the very helpful concierge select your room. She knows...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Yarnologist
Thank you for your review. It sounds like you stayed in our traditional double queen room which as you said, doesn’t have its own balcony. Many of our suites do have them though and we’d like to add that we have eleven different room configurations. All our Real and Royal suites have balconies (or patios if on the first floor) and fireplaces. We are grateful that you were able to enjoy the in-room amenities, room décor and beds. Please let us know ahead of time if you are planning to stay again. I would like to have my leadership team help you with your reservation. I am sure we can accommodate all your preferences.
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Sedona Real Inn and Suites while I was passing through Sedona last August. I wanted to stay at a reasonably priced hotel with a pool that had a view of the gorgeous Sedona mountains. I was so excited to get to the hotel so I could relax in the hot tub and take in the sights. Unfortunately, when I approached the pool area, I realized the view was not what I had pictured (I should have figured since their money shot was taken from up above). I could just barely see the tip of the mountains over the trees. I also couldn't even get in the hot tub because there were 4 or 5 older men sitting in there drinking beer. That would have been a little uncomfortable. Not that I blamed them for wanted to use the hot tub, but considering I was there only one night...with no view and no hot tub, I was less than pleased. The room itself was acceptable - but I will warn you - the air conditioner is extremely loud. You can hardly hear yourself talk when it is going and it woke me up several times during the night. I'll end on a good note - the staff was very kind and helpful. They even gave us some wine glasses to take back to our room for the wine we bought earlier in the day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Sounds like your stay was not all that you wanted it to be. Please contact me before your next night in Sedona! August is a beautiful time in Sedona with our monsoon season cooling off the afternoons and making way for starry nights. Although we can’t control how popular the hot tub is on a certain night, we can assist you in choosing a room that would suite your desire for a view. We would like another chance to win your loyalty. Based on your compliments to our staff and the hotel’s overall value, I hope to hear from you!