“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Perth, Australia
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

This was a nice comfortable hotel and suited our needs. I was clean and the location was great right in the centre of town. The pool was a magnet in the heat. So handy for shopping and eating. What a lovely town.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

Looks can be decieving.... the room was nice, the view beautiful, the staff friendly. All was well until the bulldozers started at 6am right below the hotel balconies and pool area. THe noise went on all day... a parking garage is being constructed for a sister property.

The stafff were accomodating and moved us to yet another sister property, same room rate but no breakfast included as it was at The Orchards.

I just wish they made it known that there is construction going on.. we were there to rest and due to the heat, planned on using the room and pool area for much of our stay.

Would not recommend at this time... once the construction is complete, then yes.,

Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Tucson, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

Pics on website obviously not from our room. Carpet was filthy. Outlet covers missing in bedroom. Furniture in living room old and uncomfortable. A/C blows onto head of bed so we had to turn around so we didn't have blasts of cold air hitting our faces. Housekeeping never came to empty trash or clean coffee area. Beautiful views and close to shopping were the only positives. We would rather pay more and have something nicer.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

My wife and I just returned from a week in Sedona. This is a great place to stay for a week. We could not have asked for a better view from our balcony. What a panorama of the Red Rocks! It was tremendous. The inn responded to our every request quite promptly and with courtesy. The Orchards is convenient to the strip in uptown Sedona where all of the shops and restaurants are. The Orchards restaurant was a great place to eat also. We can't wait to go back to Sedona and stay in the exact same room. We hated to leave.

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

I went with my best friends as a shopping get away and we loved the Orchards. The service was good, the room was perfect for what we needed and we were in the heart of the shopping district. Being on the third floor gave us a stunning view and it was quiet at night. The only complaint I had was our neighbor was a smoker and would smoke on the balcony when we were out there. Yuck. Also, it would be nice to be told that there is coffee in the morning and you save 10% on the pink jeep tours. Otherwise, it was a great stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Henderson, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

I didn't know what to expect. I'd read some lukewarm reviews and wondered if it was worth it to save a couple bucks and stay here but I was happily surprised with the room and hotel. It is well-located in the middle of town. Many fun happenings were well within walking distance without feeling like being on top of me. I was very satisfied with the room (# 401). Here's what I observed:

1. Good - The room was really nice. In fact, it was a suite. Sweet! There was a living room, separate bedroom with king-sized bed, little kitchen with sink and refrigerator.... The living room had a nice fireplace which was designed like a kiva. Charming!

2. Not Good - Hair in sheet. Also, one on a washcloth. Eeeek! I left card on pillow that said "Yes. Please wash these sheets!"

3. Good - Views were utterly DELICIOUS from the patio. Each morning, I enjoyed a quiet cup of coffee while watching the sun and birds flow over the rock and each night, I had dreamy views of a sky full of stars from the same balcony. The grounds, though dark, felt safe. Darkness makes the stars possible so I kept lights off after 9pm. :D

3. Not Good - I was not at all prepared for a $150 hold on my debit card for "incidentals" ($50/night). I called later because the term "incidentals" didn't sit well with me and I wanted to know what it included. Turned out, it was things like damages to any part of the room. O.k. But it was a hardship starting out my stay $150 short. :( Staff was not very friendly. The staff member who popped the $150 hold news on me just talked louder, repeating herself, when I asked about it, "We have to place a hold on your card for incidentals!". It was like she thought my not understanding meant I was deaf. At the end of my stay, rested, I smiled at a desk staff member and said,"I enjoyed my stay!" The clerk, a different one from day one, stared at me blankly, at first and then said something like,"Mm hmm."

All in all, I REALLY liked my stay. I warn you all to budget the hold in and, I suppose, that, as long as you don't have needs beyond whatever comes in your room, you should be fine. I didn't use the pool. I didn't have any needs additional needs of staff than that which comes with room (like bed-making, and room neatening). I would suggest this hotel to friends. In fact, my family, also in town, came to see my room during my stay and they were really impressed! I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

Great room, clean, comfortable, quiet room with a fireplace. The only complaint is that we asked for an early morning (3am) wake up call to go on a Hot Air Balloon excursion at 4am one morning and we never got it. Thank goodness we had set our radio/alarm for backup. Otherwise...... wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Orchards Inn of Sedona? Share your experiences!