“Good Organic” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 164 Restaurants in Sedona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Organic, Vegetarian, Healthy, Vegan
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
“Good Organic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This was my first time here and it was a nice experience overall. My roommate who has to eat gluten free foods now was worried but pleasantly surprised with the gluten free options.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

northeast
“A disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My partner and I were really looking forward to dining at ChocolaTree during our week's vacation in Sedona. She is vegetarian and I eat mostly vegetarian, and the on-line menu looked quite interesting! Sadly, our experience was less than satisfying. The man who greeted us said we should look over the menu and order at the counter, and before we could look up he disappeared into the kitchen. It seemed he was the only one taking orders and busing tables, and the place was pretty full. When he finally came back to take our order, he first stopped to chat with some friends who were dining at one of the nearby tables. OK. Order taken, we head outside to a table, and are pretty impressed with the ambiance of the outdoor patio area. Decided this was the best part of the restaurant. Really wish the food, which took too long to arrive, could have even remotely compared to the atmosphere. We started with the sampler for 2. Guacamole and hummus were bland, and the crackers had some spice in them that made them inedible. The sliced cucumbers were good...
I ordered the kale quinoa which the menu indicated was cooked. I guess the quinoa was the only thing cooked about it. Raw kale with no dressing or seasoning. No seasoning in the quinoa. As I tried to swallow each bite, I felt like what I imagine a goat would experience eating a pile of hay. My partner had the viva burrito and was even more disappointed than I was. No beans, no tofu, and the wrap was dry and cold. We didn't bother with dessert.
I should mention the following night we dined at one of the local Mexican restaurants and for a shared app, two entrees (one vegetarian) and two alcoholic drinks, we paid the same amount for our meal as we did at ChocolaTree - and were much happier!
We both got the feeling this place was a local hangout for the vegan clique. Service is whenever they get to it. They can spot the tourists and aren't particularly friendly to them. Our advice: go somewhere else and find something vegetarian on the menu.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles
“They use raw cacao!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

If you like chocolate, this is the place to go. They do not use processed ingredients of food (not even sugar) and focus on all natural products. All their chocolate pastries and treats are made with raw cacao and their coffees and teas are excellent. They even place Tarot and Oracle card decks on each table for one to use or browse through; a very interesting and nice touch. They also sell all sorts of natural products, art, books, and various other goods (including cocoa powders!). Very nice place to relax with a book.

Visited August 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Brilliant place for vegetarians and chocolate lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

As vegetarians who travel a lot, we particularly appreciate it when we find really interesting vegetarian restaurants, and this is certainly one of those! It has a range of cooked and raw options: we had a cooked vegan main course and the divine raw chocolate ganache for dessert, along with some of the hazelnut chocolates. If we had been in town longer, we'd have eaten there every day, I think! Even if you aren't a vegetarian, it would be well worth stopping by for a spectacular dessert and/or some chocolates.

Visited September 2012
Rimrock
“Fun Garden Patio/Creative Health Concoctions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stopped by Chocolatree one evening to see some music. The staff was pretty uninformed and the service and layout of the place is chaotic. But the drinks, Chaga Cappuccino, super charged and delicious chai teas...what a treat. The back patio has hammocks and a water feature garden. Very fun. I'm still happily buzzed to find a new kind of 'coffee shop.'

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to ChocolaTree Organic Eatery? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage ChocolaTree Organic Eatery, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.