“Grand Canyon Plus Lots of Extras” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 153 Activities in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Private, personalized journeys, hikes, healing retreats and unique excursions through Sedona,Grand Canyon,Hopi and Navajo Reservations with emphasis on spiritual visitation to sacred sites and indigenous teachings. We specialize in pilgrimage-oriented contemplative and educational journeys throughout Northern Arizona and the greater Southwest. Three to seven day highly personalized healing and restorative retreats are available. We can facilitate large groups(up to 60)as well as solo travelers.
Rochester, Illinois
“Grand Canyon Plus Lots of Extras”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Clint has so much knowledge about the Sedona area and the Indian culture. He provided us with some wonderful information and personal experiences. His tours are not the "canned" tours. He speaks and shares from the heart and personalizes your tour to your liking. We had a wonderful day with you Clint and when we return, I would love to experience more of Sedona with you! I wish you well until then.

Visited March 2013
SedonaGuide, Owner at Sedona Sacred Earth, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear SL Clare,

I'm so glad you and your friends got to have the Grand Canyon experience that you wanted. I thoroughly enjoyed our many threads of conversation we had between the majestic sights we witnessed together there. And yes--please come back and allow me to put together a special Sedona experience for you. It would be an honor.

Until then,

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Very special afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Clint brought my brother, his main squeeze, and me on a wonderful afternoon tour of Sedona. We visited vortex sites and a medicine wheel, saw spectacular vistas, hiked out to places I wouldn't have known existed without a guide, and caught a lovely sunset. I especially enjoyed learning about native plants and medicinal herbs of the area. Clint knows an incredible amount of information and has a special gift for sharing his vast knowledge and wisdom with others. His warmth and bright spirit are palpable, and it was a genuine pleasure to spend time with him. It is clear that Clint loves what he does and truly appreciates and respects the beauty and magic of Sedona and of life. I feel honored to have had him as our guide.
Thank you, Clint!

Visited March 2013
SedonaPilgrim, Owner at Sedona Sacred Earth, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear ItzKat,

Thank you so much for adventuring with me on that fine day. I loved how we were able to make some spontaneous decisions and paint outside of the lines and experience something that the tourists will never get a chance to see. You and your brother and his girlfriend made me feel as if I was with old friends the entire day. I want to wish you the best of luck in all of your upcoming travels and look forward to walking the ancient earth with you here again someday soon!

Best,
Los Angeles
“Excellent introduction to Sedona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Clint is the best guide one can ask for in introducing you to Sedona's breathtaking landscape full of sacred sites where the energy is highly rarefied or downright electrifying. He is truly knowledgeable about every inch of the land, the native culture and people. Clint also has the perfect temperament and sensitivity for guiding those visiting Sedona as part of their spiritual journeys, knowing the right balance between engaging you with 'tour-guidance' and giving you space to have personal moments with the land. Clint is also very unique in having enormous intellectual and experiential depth and range that allows him to connect with seekers of all types, as he will meet you at wherever you are on your quest. You will certainly learn or experience something new and magical on a tour with Clint. My own introduction to Sedona was an unforgettable experience of reconnecting with our living, breathing planet, and I am so thankful to Clint, for his service of deeply respectful, if not vigilant, guardianship of our mother Earth. I cannot imagine a more suitable guide for exactly the kind of rediscovery and inner expansion that I was seeking. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Dear S J,

I had the best time showing you around some of the special sites of Sedona, and what a pleasure it is helping a genuine pilgrim such as yourself to connect with the nuances of the land here. You made my job so enjoyable--and I was inspired by your sincerity and willingness to receive some of the subtle aspects of Sedona that so few really make room for, as it requires a respect and patience and inner stillness that few people in our culture are prepared to bring to the table. I was deeply gratified to witness your (all too brief) journey through our sacred canyons here. I know you will be back for a longer stay and we can pick up where we left off. Until then I hope the spirit of Sedona continues to inspire you.

See you soon!

Beverly, Massachusetts
“Clint is the best guide you'll find in Sedona and Hopiland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Clint Frakes is helpful, flexible and very knowledgeable in a huge variety of areas including native plant species, geology, anthropology, and native culture and history. He took our family (parents and two teenage boys) to meet a very special traditional Hopi family and to visit the Hopi Mesas. This was the highlight of our trip to Arizona. Allen, Flo and Pat welcomed us to Hopiland and to their home, made us a delicious authentic meal, and shared their view of life with us. They brought us to places that non Native Americans rarely see. Walking with Allen, of the Water Clan and a spiritual leader, in these ancient continuously used villages, and hearing about his memories and traditions allowed us to connect with him and the Hopi tradition in a very unique and memorable way. Thank you Clint, Allen, Pat and Flo!

If you’re looking for a guide in the Sedona area Clint is probably the best you’ll find. He is very client-focused and your questions and interests will direct him in giving you the best guided tour possible.

The "I" Family, north of Boston

Visited December 2012
SedonaPilgrim, Owner at Sedona Sacred Earth, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Than you "I" Family!

I'm so glad you were able to witness those places and Allen and Flo, Pat and the Hopi family I have come to love. They were very moved by your gentle, respectful approach to your trip there. And we all loved that delicious maple syrup you brought! I'm still savoring mine. You brought a special spark to the Hopi mesas as well, and it was noticed. Now you must come back so we can explore some brand new canyons and other amazing sites.

Best of everything until then!
Bethlehem, CT
“Customized Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I took two friends with us to Sedona for a few days of R&R. I had booked a tour with Clint and told him we were 4 people with distinctly different physical abilities. Clint was able to incorporate some of the things we wanted to see as well as some other things that would accommodate all of us. His knowledge of the area, his patience and thoughtfulness, all combined for an outstanding day enjoyed by all. We only tapped the surface of things to do and Clint's indefatigable knowledge but I not only recommend one of his tours, I would not hesitate to take another tour when I return.

Visited March 2013
SedonaPilgrim, Owner at Sedona Sacred Earth, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear NPH,

I really enjoyed our wanderings throughout the canyons and mesas of Sedona--and the different perspectives that each of the four of you brought. There are as many ways to relate to the beauty here as there are actual buttes, mesas and spires--countless. That such diverse perspectives could feel unified on one soulful experience in an afternoon together demonstrates to me the power of this earth and its elements, and how truly transformative places of peace and power such as Sedona can be. This continues to give me hope for our world. I hope further that some of the things you all felt and saw here continue to inspire you into the future.

Please come back soon!