“So. Much. Fun.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 121 activities in Sedona
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Rent your own off-road ready Jeep Wrangler and drive the Sedona trails yourself! Much cheaper and more fun than taking a Jeep tour. Easy, moderate and adventurous trails available.
Victoria, Texas
14 attraction reviews
“So. Much. Fun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We rented a Jeep for 24 hours. Thanks to the great suggestions of the Barlow team, we were able to get in three trails - Outlaw (with a walking hike to the Honanki ruins), Broken Arrow, and Schnebly Hill Road. Schnebly Hill at sunrise is amazing!! Definitely do the "optional" loop at the top. That's where the more adventurous part is. The detailed maps and driving instructions provided by Barlow made for a safe and fun experience. Pack a lunch. The Jeeps have ice chests. Would definitely do again.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Awesome Time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband, 2 kids (5 & 8) and I rented a jeep this past Thursday with another family of four and it was so much fun!! We were considering the pink jeep tour but we were so happy that we did not go that route. The ladies that helped us were great and my husband and our friend loved driving the trails themselves. The jeeps were new and we had a blast and we would recommend Barlow to everyone!!! It is a must do when in Sedona!!!

Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Buckle Up... It's Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Renting a jeep from Barlow's was the best time I had in Sedona. Yes, many people recommended the "Pink Jeeps". I am 27 and my brother is 28. Who wants to have someone else drive? right... The Jeeps were in great condition. They built the jeeps for the Back Country in Sedona. I "off road" on a regular basis. The "off road'n" in Sedona is so much fun. When you first go into Barlows to pick up your jeep they go though a step by step explaining the trails and their difficulties. You decide what you want to do. I would def recommend Barlow's over "Pink Jeep". If you have a group/family of 3 or more do Barlows Jeep! Worth the money! DO FULL DAY. We rented from 1:30pm to 1:30pm the next day. We were able to see sunset and sunrise. You don't need experience to do this... it is very simple. The jeeps practically drive themselves. Great Scenic drives. You get to do the same rails "Pink Jeep" does.

“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The staff was great, the woman who signed us in, her name was Sue, was awesome. She went over the maps and explained the use of the jeep in detail. The jeeps are new and in great shape. If you are in Sedona spend the extra bucks and rent a jeep instead of a tour. The trails range from moderate to more extreme. The more extreme trails were a blast!

Orlando, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Great way to see Sedona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We wanted to see the views of Sedona from the Jeep trails, but we didn't want a guided tour, so we rented for a full day (1pm to 1pm the next day) from Barlow. The Jeep was in excellent condition and was very comfortable. We didn't use the back seats, so I'm not sure about the comfort level there. We did Schnebly Hill, Dry Creek Basin, and Soldier's Pass. The person who rented us the Jeep told us that we could do all the trails with a 24 hour rental, but in order to do that you would need to start early in the morning and not do any hiking. I think you'd be exhausted, because riding the Jeep trails is not leisurely.

With all that said, we took our time on the three Jeep trails and did some hiking as well and it was spectacular and a ton of fun. When I go to Sedona again, I will rent from Barlow again and do some of the trails I missed. The maps are good and we never got lost. We'd never been Jeeping before, and some of the trails, quite honestly, looked impossible. But the Jeep did what it was supposed to do for us and never let us down.

Visited September 2012