“Amazing views at sunset & sunrise” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ireland
“Amazing views at sunset & sunrise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed for one night. Grest views from the terrace outside the room. Rooms very clean and tidy. Bathrooms had the little extra touches that make some hotels stand out. Staff very friendly. Breakfast was ok, but nothing to rave about. Good base for getting around Sedona

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for the nice review. I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. I have to agree with you the views are great and the shared terraces are a way to ensure that everyone gets to enjoy them. I am so happy that you are satisfied with your stay. I hope that you will come and see us again. Thank you for being our guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed one night here. Staff were friendly. It has a nice patio area with great sunset views as well as local mountain views. Pool wasnt huge but nice for relaxing after trekking around all day.

Breakfast was OK - nothing special.

Rooms were well-appointed and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I am thrilled to see that you were able to thoroughly enjoy your stay with us. I am so glad that you were happy with the views and shared terraces. I want to that you for taking the time to leave such a nice review. I hope to see you again soon. It certainly was a pleasure having you as our guest.
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here this past weekend and booked the Out of Africa package. Came with family (had 4 rooms), including a toddler, two small children, and one teen. The hotel is in a beautiful area, built into the mountainside, and the rooms have an amazing view facing east. Also, the breakfast every morning was really good, including scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, sausage, breakfast potatoes, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, oatmeal, and selection of breads. This was very important since we were traveling with children. All of our rooms had 2 queen beds and were plenty spacious, and all rooms had a large flat screen TV. Free wireless internet is also available throughout the property. Front desk staff were ALWAYS super nice and helpful, an were really responsive. Just overall felt very welcomed, and treated by the staff like they were genuinely happy you were there. Just a great experience and would book again in a heartbeat. One suggestion--booking the Grand Canyon package is a great deal! We booked the Out of Africa one which was good too, but I think the Grand Canyon one would have been better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for such a kind review. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed our breakfast. I am thrilled to hear that our staff made you feel at home and welcomed. We strive to give our guests a "home away from home" feeling and it seems like we did that in your case. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the Out of Africa package. Hopefully you can utilize the Grand Canyon package on your next visit.
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This a super nice hotel with a breathtaking view. Not your usual Best Western. Our room was pretty standard with a few nice upgrades. However, the exterior of the hotel was first class. we had a giant terrace in front of our room to enjoy the amazing views. The staff was really great, especially Joan, the Concierge. Her recommendations were right on the money!

Room Tip: The only downside to this hotel is if you stay on the first or second floor, (the third floor is at...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
I am so happy that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. It is always great to hear about the wonderful time our guests have here in Sedona. I am glad that you enjoyed the views. I must say they are amazing. I hope to see you again soon. Thank you for the great review!
Galiano Island, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

First of all, let me say that there is nothing really wrong with this place. It's a perfectly lovely little Best Western. We pulled in around an hour before sunset and were treated to the most amazing sunset off the red rocks and a gorgeous moonrise - right outside our room door.

We got a room on the first floor. I also don't think this is accessible by elevator at all, although there is a nice, gently sloping walkway down to the room as well as stairs. We pulled the truck as near to the room as we could (just off the mail road) to unload and they parked back up top.

The property is a terraced place in the side of a hill. The first floor might feel like some to be a basement but it's actually more of a walkout. We checked to see if there were any more rooms on the 3rd floor because of the view but there were no rooms available so we stayed in our first floor room.

Pros:
-It's a really nice hotel. The rooms are clean and the TV is huge and new.
-Even from the first floor we could see the hills and cliffs. It's beautiful. Also, I suspect that the first floor is way more PRIVATE! People are always up in front of the second and third floor rooms sitting on the terraces and taking pictures, chatting and laughing. It's a jovial atmosphere, right outside your door.
-The pool and hot tub are lovely. Towels are in your room in the closet (for the pool) and in a room of two double beds there are only three towels...we only stayed one night so we don't know if they replace them or not.
-Front desk is friendly and helpful
-They have room-service - although we didn't try it, they'll bring a full linen service to your terrace table if you like and you can dine alfresco on some pretty decent sounding nosh.

Cons:
-The beds are hard and sorta cheap feeling - I guess when most hotels are going all pillow-top and luxury it's a glaring difference when you're on a bed that is a little tired. Plus I hated the polyester duvet cover. But that's just me. It's not a reason to lose a star or anything.
-The first floor does feel a little basement-ish.
-OMG the A/C fan thing is like someone is firing up a jet plane in the room every ten minutes or so. Once asleep it was fine and didn't wake us, but we had to wait until the kids were fast asleep before we could turn the fan on. This could have been negated totally had we been able to open the window...it was October and cool enough at night.
-The room is directly below the terrace above. At first I thought that was great since you wouldn't hear the people in the room above you, but then I realized that you heard all the traffic on the terrace instead - read luggage, high heals, running, chairs scraping across the pavement. Again, it's not like it's super loud, but maybe others are more sensitive to this that I am so I thought I would let people know.

All in all, I would stay here again but on an upper level and see if it makes a difference. It's a pretty nice Best Western and the staff are wonderful. I slept well and enjoyed the view and watching the bats hunt against the dusk sky as we spent the evening outside. I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. It will surely be a great help to other travelers. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate you bringing the issues that you experienced to our attention. I will definitely inform the proper departments so we can get then resolved. Thank you again for the review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Penticton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was our visit to Sedona and know we made the right choice by staying at this hotel. If you're lucky enough to meet Jonielle at the front desk upon checking in, you're already off to a great start. How nice to be greeted with such a welcoming smile and helpful attitude. She was always willing and able to answer our many questions. We found the room to be very clean and comfortable. We were surprised to find a bottle of wine and a handwritten note for us acknowledging our anniversary...very nice touch! The views from the terrace outside our room were absolutely stunning. What a lovely place to sit and relax. The breakfast room was always tidy and offered a nice selection to choose from. The shuttle service is fantastic and was a great way to get around town. Our thanks again to Ram (driver) for his outstanding service and great recommendations. We're hopeful we'll return again and will not hesitate to stay at the Best Western Plus Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for acknowledging our staff and the great customer service they provide. It is our goal to make each and every guest feel welcomed and comfortable during their stay with us and I believe we have accomplished that with you. I truly hope that you will come back and see us again!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

This was my first time to Sedona so I was looking for a place to stay that would give me that Sedona experience. I hit the nail on the head by choosing Best Western Plus Inn. The location has to be the best (about 1-1 1/2 miles from town) can use their shuttle if you want, but I like the more serene atmosphere than in town. The views are breath taking from the balcony. The staff very professional and knowledgable. A great perk was a hot breakfast included at a great price. So if you are looking for a place that has it all, stay here at the Best Western Plus Inn. I know when I return this will be my place of choice.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I am so pleased to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us. It is always nice to hear how we helped make our first time guests so happy. Thank you for all the nice compliments. It certainly was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona? Share your experiences!