“Stunning & Amazing would stay here again in a heartbeat!” 5 of 5 stars

Junipine Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   8351 N. Highway 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336   |
Ranked #13 of 46 hotels in Sedona
Peoria, Arizona
“Stunning & Amazing would stay here again in a heartbeat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had been booked at Kimpton Amara but due terrible experience with the hotel 2 weeks before we scrambled for a replacement hotel.

Chris the Manager at Junipine was so very accommodating and understood that Kimpton had really let us down on this very special trip for our 15th Anniversary.

He was kind enough to send us pictures of the room,made sure it had everything we needed.

We checked in mid afternoon and check in was smooth and simple. The only real challenge was the room key didnt work so we went back and the 2nd key didn't work so a maintenance man came to help. Seems each unit is privately owned and the locks had been changed and so we got a master key.

The room was even better then the pictures sent. The 2 room suite was massive and the furniture was modern and very comfortable and new no real signs of wear.

Big and roomy with a full kitchen and 2 fires places, wrap around balcony and even though it was not creek side you could hear the creek and even see it a bit.

They even have it set up with firewood and matches! The grounds are great a simple walk to the creek, picnic table and lots of places to explore and visit.

We had a little run in with a waiter at the restaurant that assumed my assist dog was a pet so we where a bit turned off by that so only had room service one in the evening and once in the morning. Food was ok, delivery was nice but they do add in 18% tip automatically which seemed a bit high as its all in plastic and you have to transfer it to plates.

What we liked most was it was a modern feel and clean and nice not worn like some of the others places we have stayed.

There is a market close for food and snacks (Indian Gardens) Restaurants 7 miles in Seonda_
If you book this hotel/inn you will have a great experience!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
junipine, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your anniversary. It was a pleasure taking care of arrangements for you, and we hope to see you for #16. Regarding your Café experience, I’ll be sure and review the details with our restaurant owner.

Chris

348 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I just returned from a week's stay between Oct. 20 thru Oct. 26 at Junipine and everything was wonderful. We stayed in unit 34, and I did request a renovated unit, per past posts as recommended by previous visitors. I was SO glad that I booked our stay here. It was only a short drive into the town of Sedona, and I prefer to stay on the outskirts. I loved the wooded/forest setting with the creek nearby. The fireplace was the icing on the cake for us. Absolutely no complaints at all with this accommodation. It was extremely quiet at night; slept fantastic in a great king-size bed with wonderful linens. The kitchen had everything you would need. We had 2 decks; although, due to the cooler temps at night, and being gone during the day, we really didn't make much use of them, but they would be great to sit out on in warmer seasons. We would most definitely stay again! As we drove back and forth from town during our stay, I noted the other resorts, hotels, BandB's, etc., and can honestly say I didn't see another place that bested Junipine!

Room Tip: Unit 34 has been updated; flat screen TV's, great kitchen, 2 decks, but no hot tub.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Creekhouse #34 is a very private unit, and it is very well appointed. The wood burning fireplaces can’t be beat, especially this time of year. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you this winter.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Before we planned our road-trip to US, we were going to stay somewhere in Oak Creek because last time, when we visit US & Sedona, we found this place accidentally and, here we go, after 5 years, we choosed this resort to stay. After we go through previous reviews we understood that we need to ask the most renovative cabin, we asked it and we got very nice cabin No.10 for our stay. Actually, we even did not expected it will be such nice and it will be so good to stay there, so we prolonged our stay for one more night. Cabin was very nice, very clean everywhere. Bedroom was just super. Everything was great. We stayed as a couple so we did not have second floor unlocked as we did not need it at all. All staff on reception very friendly. Wi-Fi worked perfect without any problems. Kitchen was just amazing, everything that we need was in there, I cooked every evening and we enjoyed 3 wonderful dinners while we stayed. TV worked properly with many interesting channels. It was some little problem with curtains, suppose it should be repaired, but it did not bothered us at all due to we concentrated on nature. The nature is just outstanding there. We loved this place and we'll come back some day, we hope we can get the same quality in future as well. Oak Creek is some magical place, I don't know how to explain it, may be it's because of some special nature and climate there, but it's just outstanding.

Room Tip: Cabin No.10 is nice and clean (creek view).
Anna B -

Thank you for your comments. Creekhouse #10 was remodeled in March, 2013 and we agree that it is a beautiful unit with some of the best views on property. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great accomodation, nice set up. with kitchen etc and on site dining if you so choose. Lovely place for a getaway. Well located close to Sedona, Grand Canyon etc. The view of the night sky was incredible!

Room Tip: Cabin 50 was nice, even though close to road we did not hear anything at night
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Beautiful scenery, large clean cabins. Staff wonderful. Will go back to Sedona and stay here. Only 15 mintues in to town, eat at the Mexican resturant, Ouzros, large portions. Some nice stores in area, Vortex very big there.

Room Tip: facing the creek
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

While high priced room #22 appeared nice in daylight, oh be careful when the lights go off. The spiders and centipedes took over at night. I've attached a picture of the giant desert centipede my family left with the night attendant as they fled at 5am the last morning. What was supposed to be a couple of enjoyable, relaxing, resort lifestyle days in Sedona for my wife, son, her mother and sister, turned into a nightmare of sleeping in chairs with the lights on and chasing critters. Imagine waking up at night to find spiders and centipedes in your BED. Imagine hearing a giant desert centipede crawling in the bedsheets. My wife had looked forward to staying at the Junipine resort for over 20 years. Well as they say, be careful what you wish for. After night one, my family asked them to remove the first centipede and they never did. So after finding another one in bed during night 2, they finally gave up and fled. I waited a long time see if the hotel would handle this right before writing this review. They didn't. After hours of phone calls and at least one flat out rejection, the Junipine finally refunded $316 of my $891, about 35%. Simply not enough for the fact my family had two sleepless nights, my mother-in-law was too scared to sleep, and my son was bit three times trying to catch centipedes. I wouldn't even expect these pest issues at a Motel 6 much less this place. Buyer beware as they say. 4 stars, no, no stars is more like it

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
junipine, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I am truly sorry and apologize that your family had a difficult and uncomfortable experience while staying with us. I want you to know that we care very much about the guest experience at Junipine and we always welcome feedback and comment on our accommodations and service. Our property location, in a wooded secluded forest environment, can lend itself to encounters with nature’s creatures. However, we are very proactive in maintaining our forest houses free of any intrusions. We also have professional pest control services performed on a routine basis. I have worked here at Junipine for more than 10 years and honestly, I have never seen a centipede on the property. I don’t question your family’s encounter or the authenticity of the photo you submitted, but I do consider your experience an anomaly for Junipine. In addition, prior to your family staying with us in August, and after your family stayed with us, no other guests reported any related issues in unit 22.

We were trying to facilitate a resolution for your family while they were here. As you might know, after informing us of the issue, we offered alternative accommodations. That offer was declined. We also had our maintenance staff inspect the unit while your family was away. We issued a credit to you for half of the stay. I know there was a delay in Expedia crediting you their portion. I am sorry that they did not credit your account immediately as they should have. It was my hope that our offerings of resolution reflected our genuine concern for your family as a guest of Junipine.

I’m glad that we were able to speak in person today, and I appreciate your acceptance of a resolution.
________________________________________
Chandler, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We just stayed at number 32 cabin at this resort for our anniversary. Our opinion is
don't stay at Junipine. Our problems were:
**Hot water heater: Air was coming out of shower and faucets. So no hot showers on our anniversary. Leaving this morning for home.
**Freezer: icemaker didn't work.
**Microwave: There is a clothes dryer rack in the microwave.
** Blinds:cheap broken blinds on front main door.
**Hot tub:Tub was unfilled but cover over tub was full of stagnant water making a perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes. We couldn't enjoy the deck because of the insects.
**Oven: seal around oven door coming apart and a fire hazard.
Conclusion: The owners of cabin #32 are not taking care of this cabin but we
paid $200 a night and strongly feel we got shortchanged.
From the worn out appliances to the shag carpeting, this place looks like it was last remodeled in the 1980's.
Way overpriced and over-rated

Room Tip: Don't accept unit 32
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
junipine, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear David C,

I’m so sorry we left you with such a poor impression of Junipine on what should have been a very special occasion. There seems to be a lot that went wrong during your stay as well as some items that were not in good working order. I take personal responsibility for those shortfalls and want to offer my apologies for the issues you encountered. In addition, I value your opinions and observations about your overall impression of the appliances and carpeting in this house. The owners of the house will be addressing those issues. David, we care very much about your experience as a guest at Junipine and I would love the opportunity to try to makes things right for you. I also believe you deserve a personal response and apology and hope you will consider contacting me directly. Thank you for staying with us. I can be reached at 800-742-7463.

Chris Bosselmann

Been to Junipine Resort? Share your experiences!