“Great Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Sedona
Hamilton, Canada
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great accomodation, nice set up. with kitchen etc and on site dining if you so choose. Lovely place for a getaway. Well located close to Sedona, Grand Canyon etc. The view of the night sky was incredible!

Room Tip: Cabin 50 was nice, even though close to road we did not hear anything at night
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Beautiful scenery, large clean cabins. Staff wonderful. Will go back to Sedona and stay here. Only 15 mintues in to town, eat at the Mexican resturant, Ouzros, large portions. Some nice stores in area, Vortex very big there.

Room Tip: facing the creek
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

While high priced room #22 appeared nice in daylight, oh be careful when the lights go off. The spiders and centipedes took over at night. I've attached a picture of the giant desert centipede my family left with the night attendant as they fled at 5am the last morning. What was supposed to be a couple of enjoyable, relaxing, resort lifestyle days in Sedona for my wife, son, her mother and sister, turned into a nightmare of sleeping in chairs with the lights on and chasing critters. Imagine waking up at night to find spiders and centipedes in your BED. Imagine hearing a giant desert centipede crawling in the bedsheets. My wife had looked forward to staying at the Junipine resort for over 20 years. Well as they say, be careful what you wish for. After night one, my family asked them to remove the first centipede and they never did. So after finding another one in bed during night 2, they finally gave up and fled. I waited a long time see if the hotel would handle this right before writing this review. They didn't. After hours of phone calls and at least one flat out rejection, the Junipine finally refunded $316 of my $891, about 35%. Simply not enough for the fact my family had two sleepless nights, my mother-in-law was too scared to sleep, and my son was bit three times trying to catch centipedes. I wouldn't even expect these pest issues at a Motel 6 much less this place. Buyer beware as they say. 4 stars, no, no stars is more like it

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
junipine, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I am truly sorry and apologize that your family had a difficult and uncomfortable experience while staying with us. I want you to know that we care very much about the guest experience at Junipine and we always welcome feedback and comment on our accommodations and service. Our property location, in a wooded secluded forest environment, can lend itself to encounters with nature’s creatures. However, we are very proactive in maintaining our forest houses free of any intrusions. We also have professional pest control services performed on a routine basis. I have worked here at Junipine for more than 10 years and honestly, I have never seen a centipede on the property. I don’t question your family’s encounter or the authenticity of the photo you submitted, but I do consider your experience an anomaly for Junipine. In addition, prior to your family staying with us in August, and after your family stayed with us, no other guests reported any related issues in unit 22.

We were trying to facilitate a resolution for your family while they were here. As you might know, after informing us of the issue, we offered alternative accommodations. That offer was declined. We also had our maintenance staff inspect the unit while your family was away. We issued a credit to you for half of the stay. I know there was a delay in Expedia crediting you their portion. I am sorry that they did not credit your account immediately as they should have. It was my hope that our offerings of resolution reflected our genuine concern for your family as a guest of Junipine.

I’m glad that we were able to speak in person today, and I appreciate your acceptance of a resolution.
________________________________________
Chandler, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We just stayed at number 32 cabin at this resort for our anniversary. Our opinion is
don't stay at Junipine. Our problems were:
**Hot water heater: Air was coming out of shower and faucets. So no hot showers on our anniversary. Leaving this morning for home.
**Freezer: icemaker didn't work.
**Microwave: There is a clothes dryer rack in the microwave.
** Blinds:cheap broken blinds on front main door.
**Hot tub:Tub was unfilled but cover over tub was full of stagnant water making a perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes. We couldn't enjoy the deck because of the insects.
**Oven: seal around oven door coming apart and a fire hazard.
Conclusion: The owners of cabin #32 are not taking care of this cabin but we
paid $200 a night and strongly feel we got shortchanged.
From the worn out appliances to the shag carpeting, this place looks like it was last remodeled in the 1980's.
Way overpriced and over-rated

Room Tip: Don't accept unit 32
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
junipine, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear David C,

I’m so sorry we left you with such a poor impression of Junipine on what should have been a very special occasion. There seems to be a lot that went wrong during your stay as well as some items that were not in good working order. I take personal responsibility for those shortfalls and want to offer my apologies for the issues you encountered. In addition, I value your opinions and observations about your overall impression of the appliances and carpeting in this house. The owners of the house will be addressing those issues. David, we care very much about your experience as a guest at Junipine and I would love the opportunity to try to makes things right for you. I also believe you deserve a personal response and apology and hope you will consider contacting me directly. Thank you for staying with us. I can be reached at 800-742-7463.

Chris Bosselmann
massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We loved it. There is not much else to say. It was pricey and a splurge for us, but it was well worth it for one evening. We chose the one bedroom with a hot tub on the deck and the creek one could hear and the Condo was facing Oakcreek Canyon. It was absolutely terrific. Sandy at the front desk deserves particular commendation for her extra enthused help with directions as we traveled on

• Stayed September 2013
phoenix, az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were looking for a great break from the PHX heat and Junipine was the perfect spot! So quiet and peaceful - a plus to be further north of Sedona and Slide Roc - away from any crowd to enjoy the beauty of the red rocks! A perfect place to relax. The creek and picnic area are some of the BEST with green grass, picnic benches, bbq and you are right at the creek!

The Cafe breakfast was delicious and FAST.
Rooms were updated and it is always a plus to have a full kitchen available.
Decks were fantastic with lounge chairs and tables.

WIFI and regular cell reception for your phone or data cards are terrible. Although, the closer we were to the lobby the reliability to their WIFI was better. Clearly the only downfall, but, if you are looking to "unplug" --this is the place!

Room Tip: Cottages 1-8 are ideal -- close to lobby for better WIFI reception and amazing views of the creek...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
junipine, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and you definitely took advantage of the special amenities of our property. I’ll let the Café know that you had an excellent breakfast. There is only spotty cell reception in this part of the Canyon, and we do our best to provide basic wi-fi. Local calls and 800 number call are always free. For best results with our Wi-Fi, connect with a PC or a tablet, and you should have consistent service.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I read other reviews about this 'resort' and thought I would give it a try. I won't be back. Let me point out that the staff was very nice. However, here are three comments that should help you make up your own mind:

1. This is a condo complex, not a resort. No pool, small restaurant, no access to the river. Our unit #43 was a typical rent-a-condo. Not very comfortable, no small pillows on the sofa, some lights were burned out.

2. The trip back and forth to town is some distance, maybe 8-10 mites each way.

3. THE WIRELESS INTERNET SERVICE IS HORRID! I had to re-connect to their router every time i wanted to check email. For some reason you do not stay 'logged in' while on the premises. When logged in, it similar to a phone line connection. Incredibly slow. If you plan on working during your stay, forget it. I complained upon check out and the manager said it is as good as they can get. Not true.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at Junipine. I’m very sorry that your stay fell short of your expectations from our online reviews and I apologize for the issues with the burnt out lights and WI-FI. You are correct that by definition, we are not a traditional “resort hotel”. I do believe we accurately represent what Junipine is on our website and what amenities we offer our guests. Given our forest setting next to Oak Creek and our long history of operating as a unique retreat style resort for couples and families, we have maintained the original Junipine Resort name. If you planned to go into town every day, I do understand and appreciate your challenge with the distance. Some guests prefer our out of town feel and forest views, while other would prefer to be closer to the center of Sedona. In reference to the WI-FI, unfortunately our canyon location limits us to only one option for WI-FI service and we do have constraints on available bandwidth. Generally speaking, the service we offer works fine for browsing the internet and emails. It is our hope that new technology becomes available in Oak Creek Canyon in the near future that allows us to improve our service. I also wanted you to know that after I read your comment on your WI-FI log on challenges, I was able to make an adjustment that will improve the log on function. I regret any inconvenience or frustrations that your stay with us has caused you. Your patronage as well as your observations are very important to us and we hope you will give us a future opportunity to serve you again. If you choose to give us the pleasure of serving you in the near future, please contact me directly and I will ensure that your stay with us will be exceptional.

Been to Junipine Resort? Share your experiences!