“Quick weekend for the Red Rock Fantasy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Canyon Wren - Cabins for Two

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedona
The Canyon Wren - Cabins for Two
You added The Canyon Wren - Cabins for Two to your Saves list
6425 North Highway 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336   |
Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #1 of 31 Sedona B&B and Inns
Carefree, Arizona
“Quick weekend for the Red Rock Fantasy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My wife and I traveled to Sedona to see the Red Rock Fantasy christmas lights the weekend following Thanksgiving. Having visited Sedona numerous times before, we knew how crowded the town can get. Therefore, we opted for something a bit less hectic. The Canyon Wren certainly fit the bill. Althought it is located off a moderately busy road, it was a welcome refuge from the craziness in town. It was very pleasant to have breakfast each morning with Mike and Milena and hear their stories of the history of the property and that area of Oak Creek Canyon. My wife, a chocoholic, apprecieated the nutty, gooey fudge brownies that they provided in our cabin. And as far as the cabins, I have NEVER seen a more immaculately clean place. They are very cozy, yet not cramped. No phones or TV was different, but I it is good to disconnect every once in a while. It was interesting to flip through the stack of guest books they had in the room with entries going back to, if I recall correctly, 1987. It would appear they have had a number of satisfied guests, and deservedly so. A few recommendations would be, if you are bothered by road noise at all, ask for one of the two cabins further from the road. I didn't think it was that disruptive. Althought any time of year in Oak Creek is quite beautiful, I think the fall color would be spectacular. Coming in late November, we missed it, but you can always ask Milena about the best times. As always, be sure to book very early. And if you are able to get there when the leaves change, the West Fork trail would be a must. The hosts have all the information on that and any other activities in the area. We had nice dinners at Dahl and Deluca and Rene at Tlaquepaque. Two very nice hikes are West Fork and Sterling Pass trail to Vultee Arch. The latter hike's trailhead is walking distance to the Canyon Wren.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The location of the cabins is ideal and Oak Creek Canyon is a beautiful drive. We stayed in the smallest cabin, Honeysuckle, and found it to be the perfect size for the two of us. Our hosts were wonderful -warm, welcoming and very knowledgeable.
Their knowledge of the area was extremely helpful, and a pass was provided for the hiking and recreation we had planned.
Not only did they honor our vegetarian diet, but Milena took extra time to create some delicious "concoctions" for our breakfasts. Each day, we enjoyed the best brownies ever, baked by Mike. We relaxed on the deck in the evening, just looking at the mountains, and enjoying the beauty.
This was truly the best experience we have had with a "bed and breakfast" type accommodation. Truly superb!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had my doubts about accomodations right off the busy canyon road, but what a happy surprise I got when I stepped out of the car. The scent of the trees and canyon foliage made me instantly forget the hot valley below and the drive up. The walk to the office snaked through enchanting tiny gardens and water features, and the road could not be heard. I was greeted and checked-in by the wife/husband team lucky enough to live here year round and who share their tiny slice of paradise with people like me, seekers of a restorative getaway. The grounds are delightful and so are the cabins, as you will discover for yourself when you arrive. The owners of these cabins have lived on and grown this site with four private cabins for at least two decades. I say grown, because the cabins are nestled in a quiet haven the couple have created over time. The cabins are advertised "for two" but I traveled alone, and never felt lonely. Breakfast can be taken in the privacy of your cabin, but the two mornings I was there, every guest turned up at the dining table on the patio, joined by our hosts. Conversation ranged widely and congenially, as folks there had traveled from as far away as Boston and Australia. The returning friends from Australia stated that there was nothing like this place at home, and they come back every year. You could spend the same money in Santa Fe for equivalent lodging, but the magic of the location and the warmth of the hosts can't be duplicated.

Room Tip: Make your reservation well in advance, only four cabins, and once you've been there, you will wa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Stubby, Owner at The Canyon Wren - Cabins for Two, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you for your warm and thoughtful review. Mike and I have been here for over 26 years and yes, the cabins have grown along with us. From their inception in 1985 with my dad, and up until today, the cabins have become an extension of ourselves and all the guests who enter here. We take great pride in and care of our "nest" and are grateful that we can provide "your restorative getaway". We look forward to seeing you again.
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This place was an amazing deal for Sedona! My husband and I stayed here for five nights in late October. It was a little difficult to find driving through Oak Creek Canyon in the dark, but that was primarily us not knowing the road or what mile marker it was at. The hosts were expecting us and made us feel very welcome. The cabin was immaculate and the perfect size for us. The kitchen was stocked with coffee and tea making supplies along with some fabulous brownies. Having a normal sized refrigerator, sink, microwave and stove top range were nice to be able to cook a few simple things for ourselves. The whirlpool tub was large enough to stretch out in and was so very, very clean. The upstairs loft was large enough to not really feel like a loft. The mattress was comfortable. Breakfast in the mornings was tasty and filling, with fresh ingredients and good coffee. The cabins are really close to the highway, so there was a lot of traffic noise. I'm used to living on a quiet street so it was really noticeable and slightly annoying to me.

This was a great base for exploring Oak Creek Canyon. It is really possible to avoid some of the tourist craziness in Sedona and have a quite getaway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
bj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Canyon Wren is located on the outskirts of Sedona, far enough removed from the city for peace yet close enough so travel to the city is not a pain. The cabins are wonderful, the perfect size for two, well equipped. Mike and Milena are excellent hosts the cabins are clean, the breakfasts tremendous. They are helpful with information, well informed about the area. Mike and Milena truly want guests to enjoy their stay.
A fabulous place.

Room Tip: Ask for a back cabin, away from the road.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is probably the first place that I was truly upset about leaving. My wife and I have stayed at other bed and breakfast type lodging, but I have never felt as content and happy as I was at Canyon Wren.

After 3 days of backpacking in the Grand Canyon, we arrived at the Canyon Wren ready to check-in and relax. Milena wanted to show us around our cabin, the Sycamore. Honestly I just wanted to sit-down, but Milena was super nice to be around. She explained the fireplace, the kitchen, the heating system, the jacuzzi tub, and showed us where the board games where. As others have stated, there is no TV, no wi-fi, and extremely limited cell service, but that made our stay even more enjoyable. Without those distractions we were able to sit by the fireplace to read a book and even played several games at night. Our cabin was private and relatively quiet.

The scenery is amazing. The entire Oak Creek Canyon is beautiful and the cabin grounds face a wonderful mountain side. Regarding food, simple put, it was delicious. In our room were large fluffy two brownies. These might be some of the best brownies I have ever had. My wife was quick to tell Milena how much I enjoyed them, and each day we found a new pack of brownies waiting for a snack! For breakfast, Mike and Milena serve fresh coffee and tea, fresh fruit, and a delicious baked good like a muffin alongside a hot item like a slice of breakfast pizza. When we would pick-up breakfast we would always have a conversation with Mike, Milena, and any other guests in the office. I'm usually not the most talkative in the morning, but Mike and Milena's friendliness will get anyone chatting. We learned about the javalinas, Mike's baking skills, and some of the unfortunate accidents that have happened in the Grand Canyon.

I have no doubt that if ever return back to the Sedona area that will book multiple nights at the Canyon Wren.

Room Tip: Eat the brownies.
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Mike and Milena are so welcoming and friendly. They work very hard to make your stay a memory you will treasure forever. Wonderful breakfasts, helpful advice on things to see and do. You will arrive as strangers but leave as friends.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sycamore Chalet, a little more set back from the road. Very quiet with a lovely pat...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Canyon Wren - Cabins for Two? Share your experiences!