“L'Auberge de Sedona” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Belleair, Florida
“L'Auberge de Sedona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I would recommend this hotel. I can not say enough good things about it. The setting was beautiful. Our room (it is a cabin like setting) was on the creek. We had ducks right outside our door. You will love love this hotel. The restaurant was unbelievable. The staff goes out of their way to make your stay the best. Will not disappoint.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Polish first
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

It is such a beautiful hotel. Love the cottage. So nice , so classy. So peaceful.
The staff was great too, specially valet parking. They were so great, specially Benjamin.
He was very helpful, nice and very professional. Hotel and staff are fantastic.
Michele N.

Room Tip: the cottage
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I love the setting, how serene and peaceful it is here...the creekside dinning is wonderful.. This location is good for your heart and soul...Ok mind and body.. It is typically our september getaway..

Room Tip: Creekside cabins are the way to go.. The sounds will lull to sleep.. Outside showers are a bonus..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LaubergeDeSedona, Manager at L'Auberge de Sedona, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
We love how you say, “the location is good for your heart and soul”! We are happy to be a yearly tradition with you both! See you soon!
Blythe, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The staff were personable and made us feel at 'home'. At least a half a dozen staff wished him a 'Happy Birthday' by the time we got to our cottage. That made him feel special. The cottage was spacious. We booked a romantic package with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. I was impressed by the champagne and will purchase it myself. The outdoor shower was invigorating. Turn-down service was like mom was there readying us for bedtime. The creek was a main reason for the stay. It took us back to our childhood. So soothing and relaxing and I wanted to go in. The 3 course meal along the creek our first night was excellent-awesome. Breakfast the next two mornings on the creek were outstanding. Service personnel attentive and support staff greeted us as we passed by. We attended two great seminars and went home relaxed and inspired. Exceeded our expectations. I cried while driving away-I didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: If you can afford to stay in a cottage, you can't beat the outdoor shower and closeness of the c...
San Francisco,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I really liked the place. Staff was very friendly, anticipate your needs and room was clean and comfortable. I stayed in the Lodge since it was most affordable and I was by myself. The Lodge was kind of old but well updated-with Capsule type coffee maker, enough electric outlets for my gadgets. Bathroom was rather small but comfortable. Patio had furniture to sit on but open to other rooms. Pool was smallish but fine. It was really nice to sit at the creek an have breakfast while watching hummingbirds and ducks, and listening to soothing sound of water. Dinner was also surprisingly good- interesting usage of herbs and spices, yet well balanced and not overpowering. Presentation was also beautiful. Desert was excellent. Watching sunset along the creek was nice and felt relaxed eating by myself-which is intimidating sometimes. Warm and attentive staff also made the experience memorable. Location was also good and you can walk up to shops or restaurants. They can also drive you to nearby places- and they are very friendly and remember you. Highly recommended. SPA was a bit disappointing and not recommended.

• Stayed May 2013
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My wife and I just returned from our second stay at L'Auberge. We are building a home in Sedona and need a place to stay on a pretty regular basis during the process. We have tried many different hotels in the area and have decided to keep coming back here. Why, you may ask? First, L'Auberge has about the best service we have ever received at any hotel anywhere. I am a frequent business traveler and stay in hotels about 75 nights a year so I know my hotels! To a person, the staff is friendly and helpful. They really do go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. Yes, there is a service charge added to the bill but this eliminates the constant need for having to come up with bills for tips. Given how much interaction there is with the staff, I really think that individual tips would come out to be more expensive. Second, the setting is fantastic. It is located in the Uptown area but is nestled down in a valley right on Oak Creek so you get none of the touristy vibe of Uptown but have the convenience of being right near "the action" with free on demand transport to wherever you want to go. Being down on the creek also keeps the area shaded and green, two commodities sorely lacking in Sedona, especially in the heat of summer.

I can only think of two downsides. It is not inexpensive! That being said, given the price of far lesser hotels/motels, especially during high season in Sedona, the prices are not outrageous. The other is a pet peeve of mine that I have brought up in other hotel reviews. Housekeeping uses a fairly potent room deodorizer/air freshener when they clean. I don't know why hotels continue to insist on using strongly fragranced sprays given that some of us are sensitive to fragrances especially when there are "fragrance neutral" products on the market. That being said, one note to housekeeping had them using less potent products for the remainder of our 5 night stay, but I would urge management to STOP THE SPRAYING! (my grassroots Trip Advisor campaign)

Finally, I was recently informed that the hotel has just been taken over by new owners. I would hope that they would appreciate the fine property and service they currently have while just tweaking their business operations.

Room Tip: The Spa Cottages are large, contemporary and beautifully appointed. I highly recommend!
Mesa, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had a cottage...nice wood fireplace, but you could not see the fire while laying in bed because the footboard was too high. Paid about $500 for the night after fees and taxes. They did not pick up our room service order from our door the night before...so it never showed up. They did have great service recovery, had our food made immediately, and then comped the breakfast. Cool outdoor shower.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to L'Auberge de Sedona? Share your experiences!