“Incredible Bakery” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 164 Restaurants in Sedona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pizza, Bakeries, Delicatessen, Bagels
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The bakers at NY Bagel & Deli are fourth generation bakers and have decades of experience. They are experts at their craft. They know the old Italian ways of doing things and produce the best cheesecake, black and white cookies and cannolis you will find in Sedona. Our bakery cases are filled with delicious creations each and every morning--everything from muffins, bagels, donuts, Danish and more. We also offer lattes and specialty coffee drinks, bagel breakfast sandwiches, NY-style pizza and deli sandwiches. Whether its a quick lunch on the go, a foot long sub for a family gathering or a wedding cake, we can fulfill your needs and delight your taste buds.
Omaha, Nebraska
“Incredible Bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

It's probably a good thing that this bakery/deli is nowhere near my home -- I'd probably weigh a half ton and have to buy "big boy" pants if they were near me.

Everything we had from here was outstanding - it's the only restaurant in Sedona we visited more than once. The deli sandwiches were very good, and the side pasta & potato salads were also very fresh. But the highlight for us was the NY style bakery department -- black and white cookies, cheesecake, tortes, an awesome raspberry crumb cake that would make angels weep.... you name it, it was great.

All that, and bagels, too. Excellent bagels. Five stars, plus a bonus star for the wide variety of flavors. (Try the sourdough bagels - my personal favorite.)

If you're in the area, you owe it to yourself to stop by NY Bagels & Deli. You won't be disappointed. Just be prepared to put your diet on hold for a while.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sedona, Arizona
“From a New Yorker, not so bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

It's almost as good as what you get in Manhattan, but nothing every really is unless you're there. This is a great place to get your bagels and lox, pizza and even rugalach, but expect the Sedona prices.

Visited April 2013
Cottonwood, Arizona
“Tons of choices! Something for everyone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I was craving thin crust pizza. I found it and lots more!! I was grining from ear to ear when I saw the dessert cases! I reminded me of the bakeries in N.Y. City!
Everything looked delicious. For now, I tried the tomatoe and pesto pizza (by the slice!) and the chocolate eclair.
They do have healthier options such as 5 different salads to choose from: spinach, caesar, black and blue, antipasto, and a garden salad. They close early on Mondays but are open 5 am to 8 pm every other day. Best to bring cash to pay as there is a 3% surcharge on credit cards.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Average bagels”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Tried this restaurant for breakfast. Bagels were just average. I ordered a blueberry bagel with butter and coffee. Not quite sure what was schmeared on the bagel but it was not butter! Had to go back and ask for jelly to cover the taste. Jelly was dished out of a big jar into a small cup. Hmmm. Just not impressed with this deli.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Murrieta
“I'd Be In Trouble If I Found This At The Beginning Of Our Trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We saw this on our way out of town and missed a jewel. As soon as you walk in, you see their most fabulous array of cookies, cakes, bagles, OMG. Spinich Salad was wonderful, fresh and bright.

Visited April 2013