“Pleasantly Surprised!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Maggiano's - Scottsdale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #284 of 963 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Approximately one year ago, I had gone to Maggiano’s in Scottsdale for dinner with family. At that time, I found the service and food to be very disappointing. This time, my experience was completely different. The service was fantastic, and the food was very good for an Italian chain restaurant. This time, I had the Chicken Francese and it was delicious. Another member of my party chose Mama’s Lasagna since it is part of the classic pasta “buy one get one free” option on the menu. They felt that the dish was very average. The only benefit in ordering a classic pasta is getting a second serving to take home, free of charge. Otherwise, my experience has been that items other than the classic pastas are prepared much better and taste much better as well. If you have a large number of people in your party, you might consider items from the family-style option on the menu.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Haverhill, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had no idea where to eat and whilst wandering we came upon Maggiano's. Yes we had a 20 minute wait,but eating is an experience, so I decided to pass the time with an excellent marguerita. We were shown to our table and the most entertaining waiter of all time was ours. Funny, informative about the menu, and his future on X Factor and the Voice! He was an absolute gem. He apologised they only had gluten free bread, which I might add is far superior to any you can get in the UK. The meal arrived in reasonable time which gave us time to take in our surroundings and local colour. We asked for a box for the remainder of the main course to keep room for dessert. Whilst enjoying dessert we noticed other diners taking away black food boxes, an offer provided to take another prion home at a special price with reheating instructions, what an ingenious idea. Will visit again when in Scottsdale.

Visited September 2013
new York
“Very average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is not the place to get authentic italian food. The valley has a dirty of good italian restaurants and this one doesn't make up for it. They serve italian classics prepared in a very "americanized" average way. Not worth a return visit.

Visited September 2013
Arizona
“The Italian Way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Maggiano's is always a good choice. The menu is very varied and some of their specials give you a separate meal to take home. The service has always been excellent even if the restaurant is completely full. I would recommend it for any size group and you can even have dinner served as family style.
If you like Italian food, try Maggiano's.

Visited February 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Delicious Italian Moderately priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I've gone to Maggiano's several times before and liked it, but the past few times I've been there is causing me to rave.
Being an Italian cook myself I usually don't go out Italian because I'm usually disappointed. Why go out and pay lots of $$ for what I can make better at home for a fraction of the price. Not so at Maggiano's!

Their creamy vodka sauce was better than mine! The sliced sausage running throughout the rigatoni was delicious! I'll order this again without question. Everyone else in my party raved about their meals as well. The house chianti wine was inexpensive and appropriate with the meal. (No need to order expensive, substantive wine when eating Italian in my humble opinion.) Dessert was delicious (profiteroles stuffed w/ice cream and drizzled in chocolate sauce).

The free bread they bring to the table is probably the best I've had in the entire Phoenix Valley. Not sure, but I've heard they make it themselves. I could order a salad, a glass of chianti and make my way through a basket or so of this bread and leave perfectly happy. I'm also happy when the check arrives. And, I almost forgot to mention, our waitress was top notch, if not a little overly sweet, but hey...I had a bad day so her smiles and soprano voice were welcome.

Maggiano's checks everything off on my Restaurant Happy List -- therefore 5 stars...which I hardly ever give.

• Visited January 2014