“Alto ristorante e bar offers great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alto ristorante e bar

Alto ristorante e bar
7500 E Doubletree Ranch Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Alto ristorante e bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 1,024 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Scottsdale Road
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Alto ristorante e bar offers great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We had a light dinner at Alto ristorante e bar tonight.
The waite staff was excellent. Our server Chris was very good.
We shared the seared tuna steak and a bottle if wine. They had ZD Chardonnay for $59.00. This is a great price.
They split the tuna steak and shrimp dinner into two plates. The shrimp was great. The tuna was fatty and tough.
The manager was making his rounds and was concerned about the tuna. Chris took the tuna off the bill. The tuna was good except for fatty section that was not edible. This does happen...
The bread was very good.
They brought my wife a shawl to keep her warm. Very nice touch.
The service was excellent!!!
Chris was very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Chandler, Arizona
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife had the pacific salmon and I had the rib eye steak they were cooked just right. The service was the best we have had yet. We will be returning with my inlaws. We were given free tickets to the gondola ride which was very relaxing.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“You get a free Gondola Ride!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

First of all this is a very nice restaurant with the purchase of any entree you get a free gondola ride. The service in this restaurant was top notched. We had a very personal and down to earth server who was just plain great at what he did, pretty young kid. I will say to disagree with a writer below that i read the review of and got the dish because of it. The duck is the worst flavored duck I have ever had, just a horrible marinade. I didn't complain though because my server was great and honestly sometimes you just pick something that you don't like. And that is your own fault. However my app the burratta forno cotto mozzarella was awesome and so was the risotta I got as a side. Again, with my fiancee's steak the marinade was awful but she got it on the side so her dinner was delicious. And her father who we mocked for getting a Caprese Salad because we said it would be small and unfilling laughed last because his salad was huge and was great. If your staying in the Hyatt you should give this place a shot on one of your nights the service and food is really good.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paradise Valley, Arizona
“Great for family stay on way to grand canyon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Wrote in review on hotel also made mistake for grtand children to stay. Gondola ride after dinner at ALTO

Visited April 2012
New Strawn, Kansas
“Superb Duck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed a the Hyatt Resort at Gainey Ranch for just one night. It was unfortunate for us the hotel is lovely as was our room, a petite suite.
There will always be two things we remember most about the trip will the gondola ride after dinner and the most incredible duck dish served at Alto. While we make it an important part of our trips to dine elegantly at least once... The treatment by the wait staff and the excellence of just one dish makes us wish we were staying longer.
Perfectly thin breat slices, medium rare paired with baby carrots and baby squash, as well as other root vegetables, was visually enticing. The best part - the shear joy we got as the sauce, vegetables, onions and duck combined to literally dance for joy in our mouth. Seriously... The sauce was slightly sweet, the baby vegetables crisp, and the duck perfect. I think it was the best I have ever had, and my better half says it finished a close second.
We loved the antipasti bar... The adult beverages were well made...
Skip the salads and split a pasta. We found the salads disappointing and common.
Then, stroll the grounds and take the gondola ride. The serenade we received by the gondolier was worth the price of admission by itself.