“Honest Feedback” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Avondale
“Honest Feedback”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had the opportunity to spend my birthday weekend at the 3 palms in Scottsdale, Arizona. I was impressed with the welcoming upon my entrance to the facility. I was greeted and treated with a warm smile from the first person I saw to the last person when I left.
My room was excellent to say the least, I have to thank Mr. Guerra for the beautiful accommodations and for taking care of all the arrangements dealing with my stay. Mr. Guerra you are awesome.
Another part of my weekend arrangements dealt with a Blu Sol Spa appointment. I had a massage and facial. Claudia escorted me into a room where the ambiance was so relaxing. She delivered a massage that addressed every area concern we had talked about. The stokes were well delivered with the right amount of pressure. Claudia you were amazing with your techniques. Sheryl delivered a wonderful facial with some massaging included and was very relaxing. I fell asleep.. I had such personalized treatment from beginning to end. When I left I had to come back to pick up something that had been forgotten and it was waiting form me at the front desk. I also got a follow up call from Mr. Guerra asking how my stay was going and if I needed anything. And Although I never saw Mr. Guerra he made sure I was taken care of. I thank you for a wonderful weekend stay. I would definitely come back to enjoy the 3 palms.
Thank you all for making my birthday weekend a great time.

Room Tip: Mornings are my best times and the suite I was in faced the west and there is a beautiful park in fr...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Daimon you ROCK. I made the mistake of thinking that I had booked a 3 night stay when it really was only two. Daimon made things happened with a hotel full of people and allowed me and my husband to stay in the same room. I know it took time and alot of shuffling but he did it. The room was real nice. I left a note for the maid to have extra coffee, shampoo etc left in the room and surprise it was. The rooms were clean, the pool was real nice after a long day of moving. Thank you again Daimon and to all the staff at the 3 Palms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have been staying at 3 Palms every year for about 5 years now. Everytime we stay we are very satisfied. Our favorite thing about the 3 Palms is the pool. It's quite large and even when there are a lot of people in the pool, there is always a place to be that is away from others due to the unique design of the pool. Brandon at the front desk was very friendly and helpful when we checked out. All of the staff we encountered were professional and helpful. 3 Palms is a wonderful little get away in the expensive Scottsdale area. The rooms and beds are very comfortable. The price cannot be beat. We did not have any problems with anything. Thank you 3 Palms for another great stay! We will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We LOVED our room with attached living room and kitchenette. Perfect for our family for a three day getaway. The decor was great, staff was super friendly, pool was clean and well kept, and the room service food was really good and also very reasonably priced!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I went to visit some friends in the Scottsdale area and we booked our stay at the 3 palms. Check in was a breeze and our stay was peaceful. I had a few things to take care of as far as my job back at home so I needed to do some work in there business center and send off a couple fax's. The staff and management were VERY helpful when I asked for their assistance. One of the staff (George) really went out his way to make sure my stay was as comfortable as possible. I recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay there again and I really want to thank George again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Yukon, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Ok here we go and I am sorry to say I was very disappointed with our stay. Trust me I do know there will be maintenance issues with anything mechanical, but I fill like they had set their self’s up to fail. I also do realize air-conditions struggle in extreme heat, but my issue is if you know you have a room booked you need to turn the AC to 70 not 80 because it will never have a chance to catch up. Our 1st room the AC was broke the staff came and tried to reset it but that did not work they called a repair man who said it would need replaced (I could have told them that), they then moved us to a different room which I felt could have been done an hour in half earlier. We got to that room the AC was set on 80 we turn it down to 70 and 8 hours later it was 74. The staff was helpful and I think they were trying but like I said they were set up to fail.
I will also I add I had stopped in Vegas temp 109 and the room was a nice 68 degrees and in New Mexico 105 and it was working fine at 68.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3PalmsManager, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Ricof58,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am truly sorry that you were unable to enjoy the hotel like all of our other guests. Thank you for being understanding that mechanical issues do happen. I am really glad to hear that the team was able to respond to your needs. It is our standard to keep the rooms at 74 degrees in this Arizona heat. We do this so when our guests come in from having a drink at our pool side bar or from getting a relaxing massage poolside they have a nice cool room to call home. I do see that you rated us with high marks on our cleanliness. We do strive to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in all of Arizona. Thank you again and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future when your travels take you back to the Valley of the Sun!!!!

Brian Klein
480.941.1202
New Ulm, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My grandmother always had "square corners" -- her house was so clean that dust and dirt never accumulated in the corners. The 3 Palms rooms we stayed in two different days come very close to meeting her standards! Clean, large room, comfortable beds, nice pool and hot tub, fridge and microwave in the room, large flat screen TV, friendly staff, coffee available (no free breakfast but McDonald's is practically next door), VERY reasonable price. Air conditioning was great and necessary - temperature outside was 113! About 8 miles from the Phoenix airport. Bring your Garmin - roads are a bit confusing to get to the motel from the airport if you are not familiar with Scottsdale. Good shopping nearby - grocery stores (be sure to sign up for a card - easy to do and saves a ton), a great Mandarin buffet (less than a mile away in a shopping center on McDowell Road).

We'd definitely choose to stay here again. Maybe not during a hot spell in July though;-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to 3 Palms Hotel? Share your experiences!