“Great service. Comfortable beds.” 4 of 5 stars

3 Palms Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7707 East Mcdowell Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85257   |
Ranked #32 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Tulsa
“Great service. Comfortable beds.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I arrived in PHX early and Branden got me a room at 9AM. Great pool and room was just fine. A steal at $40 per night. Old Scottsdale is very close, as is the 101 loop. I will stay there again. Smokers--all you need to do is step outside as all rooms exit to outdoors.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Very comfortable rooms, interesting way they updated an old motel and made it very nice! Nice location, which I really appreciated because my teen could walk to a McDonalds and a grocery store. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor and overlooked the bike path/greenspace - it was really nice on that s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I found this gem of a hotel through an online vacation booking site. This was a short stay to visit a very ill family member. The 3 Palms is located in a very assessable, but yet a safe quiet location next to a large public greenway park about a mile from downtown Scottsdale. The managing and service staff right down to the pool serviceman were polite and kept the poperty in very clean condition. Brandon and the others in the front office managers assisted me with every question and local information need I sought.

This is a two level resort hotel with ample parking and access to large and very clean quite rooms. I had a Deluxe King with in-room whirlpool. My room had a very large flat screen TV, small refrigerator, microwave, and large personal safe to store valuables.

There is an exercise room next to a very large free form pool. There are 2 handicap electric operated chairs that are great to place wheel chair handicapped down into the pools. There is a large Jacuzzi spa for 30 people which was never busy and wonderful way to relax.
I would rate this hotel and my experience a 4-5 star.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a great stay! Very romantic and cozy stay. We felt right at home if our home had a beautiful pool and heaters in the bathroom. Every thing was great and we were happy with service. We were helped out by Michael Luna and he made everything very easy and simple for us.

Room Tip: The 200 room numbers are perfect because they are right near pool/ exercise/ ice machines
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint David, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was just looking for a cheap hotel so I could start my day early in Scottsdale. I booked it and when I arrived I could tell it was WAY more upscale than Motel 6. The gentleman that checked us in was just that, a gentleman. There was plenty of parking with a restaurant on site that I arrived too late to try. It had a nice looking pool that my wife used after dropping me off at the conference. They had a 12:00 check out which made it easy. We will definately stay there next time we go to the city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had a first floor room with a jacuzzi tub and it was fantastic! Service is top notch, and the restaurant is the same. The pool is big and inviting with a nice ambiance. Huge park right next door, and just a few minutes drive to old Town Scottsdale. We are locals and will be coming back.

• Stayed June 2013
Independence, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We arrived on 6/19 very late at nite - we called to advise that our flight would be arriving late and no problem holding our room - Were we PLEASANTLY surprised when you walked into our room had it had a hot tub!!! YEAH!! SCORE!!, we weren't sure about the noise because the room was across from the pool - we were very surprised NO NOISE! from the pool, people walking down the walkway,etc. Only complaint was bed was OK - We returned on 6/25 for an overnite stay so we could fly home on 06/26 - and we told them we were there the prior week and they asked about our stay, we told them about the bed and Damien at the front desk was super nice and we were given a suite which also had a hot tub, bath and half, living area - really nice room better than the first one. It was facing the park - after staying on both sides of the hotel we decided that the pool side is actually quieter. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to Scottsdale. They pool and hot tub were very nice not overcrowded and everything was very clean. Yes the bar is not open at the pool HOWEVER, you can call the Seven Bistro just across the parking lot and they deliver to your room or pool area. This hotel is also about 2 miles from DaFalco's Italian Deli which was just on Diner's, drive-in and dives! EXCELLENT place to eat and reasonally priced.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to 3 Palms Hotel? Share your experiences!