“Quiet, great location & friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars

3 Palms Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7707 East Mcdowell Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85257   |
Ranked #29 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Utah
“Quiet, great location & friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I was very nervous about staying here after reading other reviews. Not sure where they stayed or they were just expecting the Four Seasons for $60 a night.?? Location and rooms were great I am sure their were a few things wrong but for a place like this in any other city you would pay a lot more. My only complaint would be the cleaning staff really should move the carts out of the walkways. It's a small space and makes it difficult to make it around them.
We stayed for 6 nights and enjoyed it. If you like to drink by the pool plan on paying a premium, you cannot bring in your own. Kinda weird for such a small hotel.
I wish the pet fee was not so expensive, our dogs would have enjoyed the huge park across the street.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Comfortable room. A few things, rather large carpet stain at the door entrance and a lot of cleaning cart activity. The $ hold on my credit card was a bit of a "We cater to customers that don't pay the bill" surprise. Large TV, not much on. They have coffee in a separate lounge, no continental breakfast but you can order. Nice outdoor hot tub and pool. Classy meets Trashy feeling. I might give it another go.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Scottsdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Room was okay- noisy all night. You can hear all the water running in all the rooms surrounding the rooms. Woke me every hour. Jacuzzi tub okay- but not very big. Could not fit 2 people in it. Ammenities were nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

La Habra, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The 3 Palms starts out as your basic no-tell motel with 80s-ish furnishings, cheap carpets, and fixtures that have seen better days. The super-luxe beds are the highlight and rightfully so! The TVs are very large and modern, though I was wanting a CD player. But, it's priced right so if you follow the adage "you get what you pay for" then you shouldn't be surprised or expecting more.

What you SHOULD be surprised about is the friendliness & helpfulness of the staff! On my visit, I was upgraded to a suite, allowed to check in several hours early, and experienced prompt service from housekeeping. Check in/out was a breeze and I have absolutely no complaints. No, it's not the W but if you'd rather spend your money on partying instead of sleeping & showering then you'll appreciate the great location & value of 3 Palms. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: The suites are bigger than my apartment in college!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

well me and my hunny were not to sure where to find this place it was really easy to find i walked through the front glass doors and was instantly greeted by the young lady at the front desk i told i have a reservation to day just thought i would take a chance to see if i could check in shr said well lets see what we can do she asked my last name found my reservation and found me a room and checked me in she was very inforitive and helpful on getting me to my room with no hassle thank you Kristy your the greatest. i do hope i get to see you before i check out so i can thank you in person!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Used to live in AZ and now visit frequently. Cute little hotel ALWAYS at a great price. Staff friendly, rooms clean, contemporary decor, and AMAZING beds. I now only stay at 3Palms for biz and personal trips. You can stay at other nearby hotels with the same type of decor and specialty beds for twice the price, or stay at 3Palms and get all of that for half the price. Pool hot tub and pool bar, restaurant and room service now available. Basically, they took and old Motel 6-type hotel, and remodeled into a funky little boutiquey hotel. Manager Wendy is the best! 2minutes from Old Town. 5 min from Talking Stick. 5 min from Spring Training. And the coolest little skate park in Scottsdale is about 200yds away. LOVE THIS PLACE.

Room Tip: Rooms 108 & 110 are a combo suite, best room in the house. Stayed in it for NYE weekend for $69...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Well when I first arrived there was a few people ahead of me and I waited in line she looked up notice I was a new face in the lobby and she looked at Me and "Hello I will be right with you and she finished checking in the guest infront of me and she says "welcome to the 3palm how may help you ?" I gave her my name. And she gave e hers it was Kristy, she was more then efficient she was very helpful and such a pretty smile .she checked me in and she even helped me with my bags to the room I said Thaksin you shred said that's what I am here for and just let me know if there is any thing else you need and ha've a great night . Thanks Kristy for everything I will be staying again real soon...

Room Tip: 2nd floor park side is quite and nice view recommended for a long stay
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to 3 Palms Hotel? Share your experiences!