“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale
La Habra, California
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The 3 Palms starts out as your basic no-tell motel with 80s-ish furnishings, cheap carpets, and fixtures that have seen better days. The super-luxe beds are the highlight and rightfully so! The TVs are very large and modern, though I was wanting a CD player. But, it's priced right so if you follow the adage "you get what you pay for" then you shouldn't be surprised or expecting more.

What you SHOULD be surprised about is the friendliness & helpfulness of the staff! On my visit, I was upgraded to a suite, allowed to check in several hours early, and experienced prompt service from housekeeping. Check in/out was a breeze and I have absolutely no complaints. No, it's not the W but if you'd rather spend your money on partying instead of sleeping & showering then you'll appreciate the great location & value of 3 Palms. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: The suites are bigger than my apartment in college!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

798 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

well me and my hunny were not to sure where to find this place it was really easy to find i walked through the front glass doors and was instantly greeted by the young lady at the front desk i told i have a reservation to day just thought i would take a chance to see if i could check in shr said well lets see what we can do she asked my last name found my reservation and found me a room and checked me in she was very inforitive and helpful on getting me to my room with no hassle thank you Kristy your the greatest. i do hope i get to see you before i check out so i can thank you in person!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Used to live in AZ and now visit frequently. Cute little hotel ALWAYS at a great price. Staff friendly, rooms clean, contemporary decor, and AMAZING beds. I now only stay at 3Palms for biz and personal trips. You can stay at other nearby hotels with the same type of decor and specialty beds for twice the price, or stay at 3Palms and get all of that for half the price. Pool hot tub and pool bar, restaurant and room service now available. Basically, they took and old Motel 6-type hotel, and remodeled into a funky little boutiquey hotel. Manager Wendy is the best! 2minutes from Old Town. 5 min from Talking Stick. 5 min from Spring Training. And the coolest little skate park in Scottsdale is about 200yds away. LOVE THIS PLACE.

Room Tip: Rooms 108 & 110 are a combo suite, best room in the house. Stayed in it for NYE weekend for $69...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Well when I first arrived there was a few people ahead of me and I waited in line she looked up notice I was a new face in the lobby and she looked at Me and "Hello I will be right with you and she finished checking in the guest infront of me and she says "welcome to the 3palm how may help you ?" I gave her my name. And she gave e hers it was Kristy, she was more then efficient she was very helpful and such a pretty smile .she checked me in and she even helped me with my bags to the room I said Thaksin you shred said that's what I am here for and just let me know if there is any thing else you need and ha've a great night . Thanks Kristy for everything I will be staying again real soon...

Room Tip: 2nd floor park side is quite and nice view recommended for a long stay
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Newort beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I got in late and wanted to lay down and sleep. I walked into my room and the sheets were stained and the floor had wet spots on it...GROSS!! The room walls are so thin I could hear the deatails of what was goin on next door. I was so grossed out by what was going on next door I had to use earplugs so I didn't hear the sexual encounter going on. The next day I went to the front desk to move rooms and they said no.....without even checking on their computer system! A bit rude also let me add....and one of the front desk girls had bright red hair and the other was full of tatoos.... are you kidding me, so unprofessional for a so called 4 star hotel. I knew getting a $40 room there had to be something up with this place. This getts better....to try to make me feel better they gave me a $5 gift card (whata joke!!) to a restaurant that they never even told me about that was in the same parking lot when I checked in...go figure. Went over to the Restaurant called Sevens and it really was amazing I was shocked this nice place was next t a Motel.Sevens was best part of my short stay, sad to say I will not go back because it is next to that Motel!! That night I went back to my room and this room next door was back at it! I had to make a few calls so I went out to my rental car to make them so the bussiness call I had to make did not hear that junk next door. I made a few calls and it took me an hour and half or so. During that time I saw multiple men coming and going from a few rooms and the women were half naked and one of them was the room next to mine. I was so disgusted..... it was a prositution ring going on!!!!!!!!!! The 1st night there were cops in the parking lot dealing with some man arestting him, and 2nd night there was more! So I went over to the officers and asked they what is going on. Their response was they have a disturbance call and are also looking for someone to get in my car and leave or get in my room. I told them there is prositution going on in the room next to my room and a few more down the hall...the officer laughed!!!! The officers told me that is nothing new for this dump for a couple years!! I was so taken back and I wanted to leave!! The officer even told me it is not a safe place at this motel has a lot of felons stay here also. Yah even he called it a Motel!!! That was it for me I packed up and went into old town to stay. I had two more nights paid for, but I did not even care! Even the grounds crew mowing the grass were stairing at me and making me feel uncomfortable. This place is slime!! I saw trip advisor in their lobby so I am writing this to protect and save people from this gross place. 4 star Hotel???? NO WAYYY!!!! try 1 star motel at best. How the 3 Palms is allowed to call this a hotel is a joke!! Hotels doors are are on the inside of the building protected, theirs are on the outside unprotected. MOTEL people not a HOTEL!! Stay far far away not even worth the $40 bucks and those prices during Christams and New years what is their price during the off season $10?!! YUCK!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have the best girl friends, each birthday of ours through the year we pick a hotel in AZ and wing it. So this was my birthday and they picked the 3 Palms, we do happy hour somewhere take our drinks and enjoy the rest of the night at the hotel. We think is was a updated Super 8 or Motel 6 and we loved it. Were simple but we travel well too. The hotel was renovated, the pool and jacuzzi area was the BOMB. Im a huge fan of a jacuzzi so they better find me one thats my request. The BEST thing and I have never seen and there was no pool/jacuzzi closing time. So were in the jacuzzi from 9 till midnight and back the next moring with bloody marys at 10 am for a hour. We ordered breakfast at Sevens and it was GREAT! The price is crazy it was 50.00 on hotels.com. So if you looking for a clean place to relax, central location and great price with endless time in the jacuzzi this is awesome. Happy Holidays!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I booked this hotel for our sales team out of Dallas. We were looking for affordable, and not motel-ish. The beds were great, the suite was comfy and the staff were awesome. Thanks! I will totally book here again:)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to 3 Palms? Share your experiences!