“Great Friendly people” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Morinville, Alberta
“Great Friendly people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Went to Phoenix for 1st time, traveled West jet and stayed here. Wow! Great people running it, met the owners, happy Hour free drinks, complimentary breakfast, incredible for the price! Went with two buddies for our birthdays,(all in same week ) at end October. Loved Old Scottsdale especially The Rusty Spur and Shotgun Betty's. Bragged so much about it when we came home, wives now want to go! Guess what, heading back same place on the 29th of this month! Can't wait.

Room Tip: Try to get b y pool, lobby side
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Georgene C, Director of Sales at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
We can't wait to meet the wives! We are of course thrilled you had a great time. When you arrive on the 29th stop up to the 3rd floor office to say hi. We can recommend some great local restaurants nearby and shopping for those of you who may like to shop, maybe golf? Also, if you like the Rusty Spur, you should check out another Old Town favorite - The Coach House...it's a Scottsdale icon, I think you might like it.

Looking forward to your visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Great location. About a $10 taxi ride to Old Town in Scottsdale and Mills st in Tempe. Wonderful staff at the bar next door. Free shuttle to and from the airport. Needs to upgrade room an TVs is my only problem I had.

• Stayed October 2012
Georgene C, Director of Sales at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
We apologize that our TV's are outdated. We have 331 to replace and we do have it on the "to do" list - hopefully we can tackle that soon.

We are happy you enjoyed your visit and hope to have you back soon.
Vienna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked 6 rooms. Enquiry and reservation was promptly and professionally handled. Very much to my liking. The staff was extremely friendly, efficient and very attentive. Great front desk staff. We were checked-in within minutes. The resort is located in South Scottsdale, only a few blocks north of Loop 202.
Room decor is basic, but I don't need anything fancy if I spend most of my day with sightseeing.
A cooked to order breakfast was included in the room rate. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a clean, comfortable and reasonably priced place to stay. Great value. We stayed in the building at the Scottsdale Road. It was surprisingly quiet. There are (as far as I know) 2 other buildings on premises. The only drawback was an awfully noisy A/C. My room had a kitchenette (can’t say anything about that, since I did not make use of it. But I’m sure there are travellers who will.) I’ve already made reservations for my next stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
How wonderful to hear that you have booked your next visit! We truly enjoy getting to know our guests by name and there is no better way to do that then to see them repeatedly. I do hope you mentioned the noise of the A/C to the front desk - we want to take care of these problems ASAP.

The room decor isn't fancy - you are correct. We are in the process of upgrading that slowly, but I am happy you spent your time visiting our beautiful city and not cooped up in your room!

See you soon.
Villa Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This resort made my first trip to Arizona completely satisfying. The staff was absolutely terrific and very attentive. The slightest request was handled quickly and with a smile. The evening Happy Hour made it very easy to meet other people, as I was travelling alone. The kitchenette made it so convenient for me to make my own meals and that helped on food costs. The resort was only a 20 minute ride from the airport and that was great arriving and leaving. I would recommend this resort to anyone who is looking for a clean, comfortable and reasonably priced place to relax and recoup. A terrific place for anyone not expecting a golf course outside your hotel room.

Room Tip: You can request a Smoking or Non-smoking room. Very rare choice these days.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
What a kind review - thank you. More important, we are very happy you had a peaceful vacation. It's always nice when everything comes together to create the perfect trip. We are happy it happened for you and we are happier we could be a part of it! See you next time.
Mokena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband plays MSBL baseball and we were looking for a different hotel. Upon reading the positive reviews we thought we would try Hospitality Suites. We were surprised to find out how reasonable this hotel was. The rooms were clean. Even the stove, refrigerator dishes and utensils
were spotless.The staff was friendly. The happy hour was great. The breakfast was good.The only thing the hotel should mention was you can rent a car through the hotel. We don't like the airport rental. My family lives 5 min. from the hotel.Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Since alot of baseball players were at the hotel, the best location was unit B. Unit A was noisy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments Dorothy, as well as your advice about car rental. Those airport fees can be high and we are very happy to assist guests with any of site rental.

Having the kitchens is a welcome bonus for many travelers, especially MSBL as the tournament last for a week, or more and eating out can get expensive. I am happy that everything was satisfactory during your stay and we look forward to having you back next year!
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

So I did a quick selloff with Westjet Vacations to Phoenix. I always thought this was the meca of old people(as we are called the snowbirds). Well, I was pleasantly surprised. The place I picked was basic, but clean and an actually fantastic location. I arrived at oneish, to 94 degree weather, (it had snowed here) changed up and was on a local bus to Tempe market place. Shopped till I literally dropped and man I couldnt wait for a drink and wow, there is a meet and greet going on and guess what Happy Hour, but the real meaning to it is that it is all FREE. Yup, I somehow thought it was 2 drinks welcoming you, nope unlimited and fun ones at that, till I think from 5-6:30. Anyway, met my friends Bjorn and Ziggy from Aussi via Berlin(who were biking the Pan Am highway all the way from Alaska to somewhere where the penquins live) ( They even gave me a very tame motorcycle ride yeah) and a whole lot of others. So, when the jackhammmers stopped in my head the next morning...I have to stop using the word surprise BUT there is a free breaky included and not the kind that is a tiny dry muffin and coffee but an order meal that is just for the the hotel guests. They have a nice little whirlpool that not many people used and 3 pools that were a little chilly but were hardly ever occupied. The rooms were basic with a kichenette...fridge hotplate and microwave. Best of all were the guys working behind the desk...Lance or Lane took abit of getting used to but the others were just way too friendly and helpful. They even printed off my boarding passes. I know.
Back to shopping, I bought a day pass for like 5 bucks and went to old Scottsdale that was nice then took the free trolley to THE SCOTTSDALE fashion center. Everyone warned me that i might be out of place there but hell ya dont judge a book by its cover. Ok I did go into Jimmy Choos and the security guard didnt leave my side, (I petted a pair of amazing boots and left) but there are all kinds of affordable other stores like Charming Charlies which is unreal and wish I would have found it sooner. Soooo many boots. I swear the Phoenix area is the boot capital of the world. Anyway, one can just do so much shopping or only have so much money so I took the FREE bus ORBIT the other way and rented a bike (OMG mint green cruiser for 20 bucks at Tempe Cycle I think) right by ASU and played Mary Poppins for awhile. I biked around the lake/river in the middle of the desert and be darned if I didnt come upon Mill Ave shopping...many nice store owners let me bring in Big Green Mintie as I forgot to get a lock. They did say lots of stuff disapears so be careful. After biking in the desert I found the BEST EVER fish and chips place...an irish pub,Shoot cant remember name, but the best surprise (there that name is again) is that it has a patio in the back that is so great and hot...Did I mention that it snowed where I come from. Anyway, I biked back to return Big Green, caught the bus back and was just dying for a beer but oh not 5 yet and found a ton of used clothing shops to have some fun with. Went back and started the Happy Hour all over again. Great couple of days, yes and I didnt even get to go to the Sedona desert or the Grand Canyon or a Suns game or ........I was only there 4 days.....IT was a fantastic trip except that I lost/misplaced/ forgot A plastic bag full of my wordly possessions in the airport/customs/van (Oh right Hospitality Suites give you a free ride to airport and back. Unreal) I packed up my address books to re-record, some receipts to claim and the such as I thought I was going to be bored in Arizona.....ha I was wrong....If anyone finds my stuff let me know...thanks cant wait to go back and rest

Room Tip: I wanted quiet and it is so anything is good, it was slow so I was in the 2nd floor and brought my c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and had such a great time. We can't wait to see you on your next visit!
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This little "resort" hotel is no 5-star, but its clean and well-kept, and definitely affordable. Its a series of 3 or 4 2-3 story walk-ups, with each set surrounding a small but nice pool and hot tub. There's also a couple of reasonable tennis courts. Rooms are small but serviceable and clean - nice little kitchenette with mini-fridge, grill, toaster etc. Enough to allow you to save a bit by eating in once in a while if you like. Very friendly staff, and very nice central location - easy access to all kinds of golf courses, Old Towne Scottsdale, and half an hour from the Mesa market. We would definitely stay here again - a very good place for anyone wanting to stay in the Phoenix area on a budget.

Room Tip: Main (A) building is right of the main road; getting into buildings B or C can be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Georgene C, Director of Sales at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for such a flattering and accurate description of our property. We are not 5 star, but if you are traveling on a budget and enjoy beautiful landscaping, a relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff we are a great choice. We welcome your next visit and appreciate your comments.

On another note - on the review "CANADIAN PRIME MINISTER STAYED HERE", I answered that without noting on the title of the post - the Prime Minister did not in fact stay at our hotel. He did however meet and have his photo taken with our owner and that photo is posted in our pool bar.

Been to Hospitality Suite Resort? Share your experiences!