“So refreshing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North

You added Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7350 East Gold Dust, Scottsdale, AZ 85258 (Formerly Comfort Inn Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #41 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Stoney Creek, Canada
“So refreshing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Whenever we come to the Scottsdale area, we make sure to stay at this Holiday Inn Express! The staff are warm, welcoming, and helpful, offering not only dining suggestions, but offering to drive and pick us up at any restaurant within a 3 mile radius! The daily complimentary breakfast offers several different eggs selections, cereal, bagels, sausage, yogurt, milk, juice coffee and much more. Every evening between 5:30 and 7:00 p.m. the hotel offers a free happy hour, with several beer and wine selections and nachos....very yummy! The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable; this hotel is a real treat and is an amazing value! If you are in the Phoenix area, check it out.

Room Tip: Poolside with a balcony!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Julia B,

Thank you for your many visits and wonderful review. I'm glad you know you can count on us for excellent service and accommodations in Scottsdale. We value your business and your feedback, and appreciate your recommendation. We look forward to thanking you in person the next time you are here.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

After a long, hot drive in a coach to a hotel, I did what I always do:- try to find the bar to quench my raging thirst with a long, cool draft of delicious ale. Alas, there was no such bar. Or restaurant. In my opinion, however otherwise excellent the building might be, a hotel with no bar or restaurant is more like a hostel, i.e. just somewhere to sleep. A very pleasant man on the front desk told me that there were bars in restaurants nearby, and very kindly offered to arrange for me to get a lift there (I actually have some walking difficulties). I declined, by this time longing for the arms of Morpheus.
Having thus grumbled, I must also say that the accommodation was clean, very comfortable and the staff were ever professional and welcoming. Despite having no restaurant, a breakfast was provided free of charge in a small coffee lounge. It was very adequate - scrambled eggs, toast , etc. Burgers, albeit very tasty, were somewhat leathery and difficult to manage on a polystyrene plate with plastic knives and forks. The alternative was to go hungry, so I shouldn't complain so much. As a hostel - excellent. As part of a holiday, it leaves a little to be desired.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Christopher O,

Thanks for posting comments about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you were disappointed that we didn't have a bar or restaurant on site (you won't find one in any Holiday Inn Express), and offer my apologies for the discomfort and inconvenience this caused. Our shuttle service is available to take guests anywhere within a 5 mile radius, if they don't want to try any of the restaurants or bars withing walking distance of the hotel. We appreciate your kind words about the accommodations and service we provide. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to our area.

Duncan, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My mother and daughter came with me to Arizona from B.C. Canada to visit friends and to shop for something nice to wear to my son's upcoming wedding. We'd stayed at this hotel before and thought it was nice and comfortable, but this trip was even better than before! We can't really say enough about the service we received! The staff all went well beyond the call of duty! The room was clean and comfortable with easy access to the pool (we stayed on the ground floor with a door leading directly outside). We'd had concerns that it would be noisier with pool noise and with the outside breakfast area being right beside our outside door, but surprisingly it wasn't noisy at all. The shuttle driver, (I wish I could remember his name now) was excellent! He not only took us to the greatest shopping ever where we all got great deals and all found what we were looking for to wear to the wedding, but he took us around to pick up menus to the resturants so we could decide at the hotel where and what we wanted to eat later. It was so amazing that my mom and daughter have decided to make it an annual mother/daughter shopping event. Being that the shuttle takes us everywhere that we'd want to go anyway, we don't have to rent a car and then have more money to shop with.....bonus :) With our previous trip I'd learned that the hotel's wifi was easy to connect to and I was able to check in for our flight home with my laptop, but with this last trip I was told about their free business centre that I was able to print off our boarding passes as well. Like I said it, I can't say enough about the great service.

Room Tip: Ground floor with easy access to the pool was great :) It wasn't noisier at all which I had expe...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Teresa V,

Thank you so very much for coming back to stay with us and for taking the time to post your great review and rating. I am so glad you and your family had a good time and were able to accomplish everything you wanted while in Scottsdale. We want all our guests to enjoy themselves and take home wonderful memories of their visit, and we appreciate your kind words and recognition of jobs well done by our team. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again next year.

Tucson, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We went up for a wedding at Gainey Golf Resort. We checked in and the hotel was attractive and clean. We noticed lots of motorcycles and reserved parking for the bikes. We had no idea it was bike week. We went down to check on the shuttle to the wedding. The front desk did not have much information to share. I noticed that there were some guest bags lined up by the clerk. They said Amy and Sam which was the wedding we were attending. I told her that I thought those were for us. She looked down and said "Oh yeah, I have been forgetting to give those out." She gave one to us and I told her there were three of us in our party. She searched for the others. We decided to drive as the celebration was only a little over a mile away. Positives: updated furnishings, granite countertops, nicely remodeled rooms, good breakfast beautiful sculpture and potted plants and easy to use wifi. Negatives: lots of motorcycle noise day and night, clerk not attentive to wedding guests.

Room Tip: We overlooked the pool. It was a nice view but no balcony.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Cheri L,

I am very sorry you were disappointed with us during your recent stay and offer my sincere apologies for the poor service you received from our front desk team. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation so others don't have a similar experience. Bike Week is very popular and I'm sorry if you were bothered by the noise they make. I hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your confidence the next time you are in Scottsdale.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The front desk was pleasant at check in. Once in the room I noted that there was has in the bathroom sink and bath tub and the toilet was soiled. I requested a clean from the front desk and they sent a young man up with a rag who wiped things around. Later I noted that there was no soap in the bathroom. The wake up call, requested for the next morning, never occurred. Finally, all pillow cases were marked as "Firm" but that was clearly not the case. I have another business visit booked there next week and I am hoping that the housekeeping is better.

On the positive side, the lighting and other amenities were up to standard.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear BizTraveler0718,

Thanks for posting you candid comments about your recent stay with us. We were clearly not living up to your expectations nor our own standards and I sincerely apologize. We would like to make amends and hope you will contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com at your earliest convenience so we can be sure you have a problem free stay next week. We appreciate your business and your feedback and hope to hear from you soon.

Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The room was spacious with a comfortable bed with your choice of pillows. It had a nice area outside the room where you could sit. The pool was heated and there was also a spa. Our experience there was great. Teddy, who signed us in and greeted us was super. I can't say enough about her. From the day we arrived until the day we left she was always there to accommodate us in any way she could. It was alwloays a pleasure to walk into the lobby and see her nice smile and greeting, The complimentary breakfast was good and Marlen, who works the breakfast shift, was always there with a greeting and a smile and ready to help you in any way she could. The next time I come to Arizona I plan to stay at this hotel. I hope my two favorite people will still be working there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Zita U,

Thank you for making the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. It is guests like you who make our jobs of providing the highest standards of cleanliness, service and facilities very rewarding. Teddi and Marlen are terrific and I'll make sure they are rewarded for being mentioned here by you. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again on your next visit.

Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The room was really spacious, 2 double beds in a sectioned off area, another area with desk, sofa & TV. Nice and clean room, comfortable and value for money. Staff helpful and friendly, restuarants close by, nice little pizza place across the road. Only downside was bathroom was dated, didnt match the rest of the room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear leanne8w,

Thanks for you r nice review about our hotel. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations (except the bathroom) we provide and that you found us to be a good value. I hope we can serve you here again if your travels bring you back to our area.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North? Share your experiences!