“Good stay during my business trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7350 East Gold Dust, Scottsdale, AZ 85258 (Formerly Comfort Inn Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #33 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“Good stay during my business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I don't really know the Phoenix area, and I relied on my GPS to get me to my business meetings. But my impression was that this was a nice, calm part of town. And yet it also has good access to the loop freeway, just a few minutes away.

I found my room to be exceptionally quiet -- no traffic noise or banging doors. Maybe I just got lucky -- after all, my room was right across the hall from an ice machine. But after 10:00 p.m. I didn't hear anybody using the machine, so that was good.

My room was very spacious, with a king bed, a love seat that converts to a bed, and an armchair and ottoman in addition to the regular dresser/work desk/etc. The bathroom was also large, though strangely configured. I think there used to be a bathtub prior to a past renovation. Where the tub once must have been, there is now a glass shower stall with an empty space next to it. Everything functioned well and was clean, but it's a somewhat awkward layout.

Breakfast was the normal HIE corporate standard. Not really my favorite, to be honest, but cereal and a cinnamon roll works fine for me.

This hotel has a few interesting features, mainly the large sculpture in the form of a willow tree. The bronze tree "grows" in an island, partly covered by the porte cochere. Also the lobby, while small, is up-to-date and very attractively decorated.

If you have some extra time, check out the Cosanti workshop that's only a few minutes away. I don't have the space here to describe it fully. At a minimum, go to see the unusual architecture. The bells that they make onsite are excellent gifts or mementos. If you're interested in modern architects and urban design theories, then you must check it out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand and for taking the time to write and post your detailed comments. I'm glad you had a good stay with us and appreicate your kind words. The bronze tree out front is was made for us by a local artist many years ago. He since created wonderfully artistic bus stop waiting areas and lamp posts that can be seen throughout Scottsdale. Cosanti is fascinating, and I love the sound made by their wind chimes. I hope we can serve you hear again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

What a great place to stay! We traveled here from San Diego. My husband and I always stay at Holiday Inn Express. This one in particular we will never forget and definitely return. Everyone was friendly even the other guest that stayed there while we did said the same thing. We stayed on points and feel the points were well spent.
Thanks for a relaxing stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you for your loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand, and for choosing to spend your hard earned points at our hotel. We want all our guests to be happy they decided to stay with us, and do everything we can to meet their needs and exceed their expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time are in Scottsdale.
Solon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Clean, convenient to local shopping and restaurants. Typical free breakfast and helpful staff. Would stay here again. Also nice patio area and chairs outside of lower level floors facing pool. The business center has two computers and printer. Free WI FI. Ideal for business traveler.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us and nice review. I'm glad you found value and comfort here, and hope you will give us another opportuntiy to serve you here again soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel actively made sure my stay was the best it could be. From the gal that checked me in, to the breakfast attendant and the maintenance man who helped me with directions. They were all there to assist me. I will be back next month and will stay here. The breakfast was FREE! Internet worked excellent.

Room Tip: any of them would be great
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and posting your nice comments. Everyone here wants to make sure we meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our guests, and we really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again soon.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I've been staying at this hotel for over a year and the staff does a wonderful job. Everything is so clean, the housekeeping staff is second to none. The staff is helpful. It's nice to know that someone is at the desk 24 hours a day if I need them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your many visits and for taking the time to write your very first TA review about your experience here. We wan tall our guests to be comfortable and happy here, and really appreciate your acknowledgement of jobs well done. We look forward to serving you here again soon.
Jacksonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We attended a Vietnam Veterans reunion. The staff went out of their way to accommodate our group which included about 40 people. They made drinks available, evening snacks as well as a good breakfast assortment. One of our members, unfortunately, had some medical problems which we were there and the staff was quite helpful in obtaining emergency medical services. They also provided his wife with transportation back and forth to the hospital. The shuttle was great and provided transportation every time we needed it. The drivers were personable and quite knowledgeable about the area as well. Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your service to our country, and for taking the time to write about your experience here. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide, and that you found the complimentary shuttle and drivers to be helpful. I hope you will let us serve you here again soon.
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express property... clean rooms, very firm mattress... decent breakfast bar. Staff was very helpful and friendly. My only complaint, and I'm quite sure it is not unique to this hotel, is the lack of cold water. Brushing your teeth with water out of the tap at what surely must be close to 80 degrees is rather not refreshing. The room does have a fridge, though... so keeping some water refrigerated for teeth brushing was the cure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you fro your recent visit and review. I'm sorry about the water temp, and will look into this, and remedy it if possible. I'm glad you were happy with our service and really appreciate your acknowledgement of jobs well done. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in Scottsdale.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North? Share your experiences!