I don't really know the Phoenix area, and I relied on my GPS to get me to my business meetings. But my impression was that this was a nice, calm part of town. And yet it also has good access to the loop freeway, just a few minutes away.
I found my room to be exceptionally quiet -- no traffic noise or banging doors. Maybe I just got lucky -- after all, my room was right across the hall from an ice machine. But after 10:00 p.m. I didn't hear anybody using the machine, so that was good.
My room was very spacious, with a king bed, a love seat that converts to a bed, and an armchair and ottoman in addition to the regular dresser/work desk/etc. The bathroom was also large, though strangely configured. I think there used to be a bathtub prior to a past renovation. Where the tub once must have been, there is now a glass shower stall with an empty space next to it. Everything functioned well and was clean, but it's a somewhat awkward layout.
Breakfast was the normal HIE corporate standard. Not really my favorite, to be honest, but cereal and a cinnamon roll works fine for me.
This hotel has a few interesting features, mainly the large sculpture in the form of a willow tree. The bronze tree "grows" in an island, partly covered by the porte cochere. Also the lobby, while small, is up-to-date and very attractively decorated.
If you have some extra time, check out the Cosanti workshop that's only a few minutes away. I don't have the space here to describe it fully. At a minimum, go to see the unusual architecture. The bells that they make onsite are excellent gifts or mementos. If you're interested in modern architects and urban design theories, then you must check it out.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North Hotel Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North Hotel
- Comfort Inn Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Comfort Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express North Scottsdale is located in the heart of beautiful North Scottsdale, with its array of boutique shops, fabulous dining and night life, world class golf, spas, and entertainment venues for sports and culture events, museums, theaters, and concerts. Just one block south of Shea Boulevard and one block east of Scottsdale Road, we located 10 minutes from the Scottsdale Airport and seven miles to the Mayo Clinic and Mayo Clinic Hospital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.