“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7350 East Gold Dust, Scottsdale, AZ 85258 (Formerly Comfort Inn Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #30 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale
Solon, Ohio
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Clean, convenient to local shopping and restaurants. Typical free breakfast and helpful staff. Would stay here again. Also nice patio area and chairs outside of lower level floors facing pool. The business center has two computers and printer. Free WI FI. Ideal for business traveler.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us and nice review. I'm glad you found value and comfort here, and hope you will give us another opportuntiy to serve you here again soon.

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel actively made sure my stay was the best it could be. From the gal that checked me in, to the breakfast attendant and the maintenance man who helped me with directions. They were all there to assist me. I will be back next month and will stay here. The breakfast was FREE! Internet worked excellent.

Room Tip: any of them would be great
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and posting your nice comments. Everyone here wants to make sure we meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our guests, and we really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again soon.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I've been staying at this hotel for over a year and the staff does a wonderful job. Everything is so clean, the housekeeping staff is second to none. The staff is helpful. It's nice to know that someone is at the desk 24 hours a day if I need them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your many visits and for taking the time to write your very first TA review about your experience here. We wan tall our guests to be comfortable and happy here, and really appreciate your acknowledgement of jobs well done. We look forward to serving you here again soon.
Jacksonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We attended a Vietnam Veterans reunion. The staff went out of their way to accommodate our group which included about 40 people. They made drinks available, evening snacks as well as a good breakfast assortment. One of our members, unfortunately, had some medical problems which we were there and the staff was quite helpful in obtaining emergency medical services. They also provided his wife with transportation back and forth to the hospital. The shuttle was great and provided transportation every time we needed it. The drivers were personable and quite knowledgeable about the area as well. Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your service to our country, and for taking the time to write about your experience here. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide, and that you found the complimentary shuttle and drivers to be helpful. I hope you will let us serve you here again soon.
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express property... clean rooms, very firm mattress... decent breakfast bar. Staff was very helpful and friendly. My only complaint, and I'm quite sure it is not unique to this hotel, is the lack of cold water. Brushing your teeth with water out of the tap at what surely must be close to 80 degrees is rather not refreshing. The room does have a fridge, though... so keeping some water refrigerated for teeth brushing was the cure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you fro your recent visit and review. I'm sorry about the water temp, and will look into this, and remedy it if possible. I'm glad you were happy with our service and really appreciate your acknowledgement of jobs well done. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in Scottsdale.
Naperville, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

When I first checked in, my room smelled fresh- like air freshener. Not bad to begin with, but as I found out when I returned, it was camouflaging a strong cigarette smell. I had to move rooms because my room. The told me because it was located over an exterior door the smoke from people smoking outside the doors was being drawn into the hvac and into the room. One of the rooms I tried, rm 340 smelled horrible- like pee or water or something. I found another room that did not smell particularly- but there, a strong unpleasant odor became prevalent in the hallway. Smelled like cat pee to me, but could have been moisture problems. The next time the cleaning crew came through, they sprayed the air freshener in the hall and "voila" the smell was 'gone'. By the time we left on the third day the smell had started to return. They are using a bandaid on a serious problem.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I am truly sorry for the odors and bad experience you had at our hotel recently, and offer my sincere apologies. We are following HIE Brand Standards by using the room freshener, but that is no excuse and should not be used to cover up other odors. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation, and hope that you will give us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in Scottsdale.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed three nights at the Holiday Inn Express in North Scottsdale and it was a great experience. Checking in was very easy and painless. They had a welcome packet ready to go which included my room keys and complimentary WiFi password.

My room was really nice. The furnishings were modern and classy and I loved the large flat-screen television. My room was also very clean.The WiFi worked very well. I was able to stream movies from Netflix, check e-mail, etc. without any difficulty at all. I slept very comfortably during my stay since the climate control worked perfectly and it was very quiet on my floor.

The free breakfast was really nice. There was a pretty good selection of things to eat such as yogurt, cold cereal, cheese omelettes, bacon, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, and much more. The dining area was pleasant and there was a large flat-screen television playing CNN which was a nice way to enjoy my breakfast.

Overall, the price and quality of this hotel are unbeatable when compared to the numerous other hotels I've stayed in.

My only complaint is the cable TV had quite a few channels that didn't come in and these were channels the hotel had provided a list of on a laminated card placed in my room. These channels include Spike, A&E, AMC, HBO, and a few others I can't remember the names of. I got HBO 2 even though HBO didn't come in. My parents were also staying in this hotel and told me they got all of the channels on the TV in their room. But in all fairness I didn't mention it to the staff and I'm sure they would have either given me more than adequate assistance or given a reasonable explanation of the gap in service.

The bottom line is that I will be back every single time I come to Phoenix. I can hardly wait for my next stay at this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write and post your very first TA review about your experience at our hotel. I'm sorry about the poor reception on your television, and you're right - we would have done whatever it took to make this right for you. Please accept my apologies, and hope you will let us know immediately if there is anything we can do to make your stays more enjoyable on all future visits. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North? Share your experiences!