“Horrible dont stay at this hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Old Town

You added Comfort Suites Old Town to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Old Town
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3275 N. Drinkwater Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #39 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
San Diego California
“Horrible dont stay at this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2007

I have started to go to scottsdale on buisness trip every week and once I was booked in Comfort suites on Drinkwater Dr by my company's travel services. We had no experience on this hotel so it was a first shot. Price was expensive considering its class and trust me I have been from Vegabonds to Ritz Carlton's. First day was Ok however they placed me by thier laundry room, which was noisy so they changed the room on my request, no sorry or any kind of apologies for the inconvinience.

Second day when I got in the hotel my key card wont work and upon inquiring at the front desk they said I was only booked for 1 day and they had empteyed my room moved all my stuff which they packed like I was living a hobo lifestyle. Upon showing them the paperwork clearly showing a booking for 2 nights they accpeted without any regreat or apologies and gave me a wrong key card. I could not believe thier rude service. I would never stay at thier place anytime in future and advice anyone of you to stay from this cheap hotel who does not represent American hospitality buisness in any way expected.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2006

We stayed here for three nights at the end of a long AZ vacation. The location was great. Check in was easy and our stay was smooth.
We had two queens and a living area. We heard no street noise. The beds were comfy and the fridge/micro saved us time and money because we didn't have to eat out each meal. We used the fitness center (four machines tight together) and the free internet.

I would highly recommend a stay here. We paid $48 a night which was a steal!

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco,ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2006

I stayed here for spring training 2006. It is a horrible hotel. The hallways are filthy, they looked like they had not been vacumed in months, ditto for the very small slow elevator. The room had a musty smell and I could hear lots of outside noise even with window shut. The in room refrigerator was so loud I unplugged it so I could sleep. Every morning I was woke up at 8 am by maid banging on door..housekeeping !!! I said not so early each time but to no avail. The continental breakfast was a joke as well. The orange juice was water with food coloring. Now the good part, I only had to stay the minimun 5 nites and checked out. This place is a dump and overpriced. Oh, and an indoor pool ? In Arizona ??

• Stayed March 2006
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2006

Good location. Helpful, friendly staff. I needed some toiletries and they happily provided them to me. Nice breakfast including hot waffles. Free wireless internet. Spacious 2 queen bedroom with a separate pull out sofa. Great location and hotel for a low price. I've stayed here on two separate occassions.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2005

Compared to the Residents Inn on Scottsdale Rd, these suites are cheaper, in a much better location, have nicer beds, and nicer rooms overall.

Internet, pool, and TVs were too similar to judge.

Residents Inn has more attentive staff, but whenever I go back on business it's hard to beat Comfort Suites. Use an Amex card to get a really low rate.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2005

We stayed at the Comfort Suites Old Town with 4 children. The rooms are very small. The bathroom doesn't have the sink outside of the tub and toilet area so that makes it difficult with a lot of people needing to use it. The sheets were yellow and kept coming untucked because the pad underneath was too small. Housekeeping knocked LOUDLY on our door at 8:30 in the morning and was rude. They don't replace the coffee so you have to go ask each day. One morning they were doing some sort of maintenance on the room above us at 9 am. The night we checked in there were 4 pillows for 6 people and it took them about 20 minutes to locate 2 more. Pillows are horrible also. I would not recommend this hotel nor would I EVER stay here again.

• Stayed August 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2005

Items were repeatedly stolen from the room. After making 2 complaints we finally called the general manager who rudely insinuated we were crazy, that our family stole the items and claimed he personally watched the room being cleaned and had never had a complaint. He refused to refund the money for our remaining night since we didn't feel safe staying there, and wouldn't move us to another Comfort Suites. He was rude to Travelocity's Customer Service too. I left a complaint with Choice Hotels and all I got was a letter well over a week later saying they were sorry but since their hotels are independently operated they had to defer to the management.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Comfort Suites Old Town? Share your experiences!